It's a small world nursery

leelip1982

Mouseketeer
We will be traveling this coming may with our ds who will be 11 months. We heard that the child care for this age is one on one. Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks

We will be traveling this coming may with our ds who will be 11 months. We heard that the child care for this age is one on one. Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks

We've used the nursery (both flounder's reef and its a small world). While I do not think its one on one for the babies, we've always been very happy with the staff to child ratio and our children have done well in there.

Definitely not 1:1, I think the ratio they have to maintain is 4:1, it is a great experience for them though. My DD was about 13 months on the Fantasy last year and when we came to pick her up, Snow White was rocking her to sleep.

I think I read in passporter (or somewhere) that the ratio for kids under 1 is 3:1 or 4:1 and over 1 is 6:1- sounds in line with most daycare ratios. I will have two kids in there in July, 17 months and 34 months! :cool1:

My daughter will be 1 on Friday and there are 5 babies in her "class" at daycare with 2 teachers. I have never felt that she lacked good care. There was a time it was 10 babies to 3 regular teachers and one floater and that was a bit much for me, but a bunch aged up.

We just returned from the Dream, and The Nursery was great for our 2 year old. Everyone was very attentive, and the kids all were busy. They even brought out the play doh, which is no small feat with a bunch of little kids. My son actually fell asleep the last night in the nursery, which, is nothing more than a miracle. The Pixie Dust that the cast members spread is truly amazing!!! I was EXTREMELY hesitant at first, and actually went into the nursery on 3 separate occasions to check it out, and never heard a peep of sadness. Totally worth it!

As stated.. the required ratio is 1:4 for infants. That said... there were definitely times when the nursery wasn't crowded and there was a 1:1 ratio. I remember three separate occasions where I picked up DS and there were three works and three kids.

The nursery staff were nothing short of amazing in our experience. DS was 4 months old when we cruised, and they treated him like a little prince.

I put my five month old in the nursery on the Wonder. It was so nice for her to have some downtime! I'd do it again in a heartbeat. It was a nice break for me and also for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter