It's a small world - flooding

The cynic in me thinks that the DLR folks know this is a multi-month repair, but are intentionally punting the date slowly to give false hope and prevent cancellations/drive additional traffic.

But I also don't know many ticketholders that would cancel due to IASW and rebook in Nov/Dec 2022, either.

The new leadership has gotten quite good at overpromising and underdelivering. I don't think they're strategically trying to give false hope but they're just becoming sloppy.

at this point if they know that its going to be closed indefiantely why change the date to 11-29-21, it gives me some hope that it may be open by dec 5th, when i go, Wouldnt it jus tbe easier not to publish a reopening date

They may not know. Trying to get computer systems, control systems, pumps, electronics, etc is really hard right now with the supply chain problems. The industry I work in, which I suspect Disney would need some parts from to fix small world, has lead times into the summer of 2022 at this point. I suspect they will find everything they need before then but it wont be easy. Cut them some slack as they dont want the ride down any longer than it has to be.

They may not know. Trying to get computer systems, control systems, pumps, electronics, etc is really hard right now with the supply chain problems. The industry I work in, which I suspect Disney would need some parts from to fix small world, has lead times into the summer of 2022 at this point. I suspect they will find everything they need before then but it wont be easy. Cut them some slack as they dont want the ride down any longer than it has to be.
same here...I work in IT and we've got lead times for most gear of 200 days

i read another article today that qouted the david koenig tweet but also referenced another tweet by someone who has a friend who i s working on the ride and said that the repairs are about 70 percent done, lets keep our fingers crossed.

i read another article today that qouted the david koenig tweet but also referenced another tweet by someone who has a friend who i s working on the ride and said that the repairs are about 70 percent done, lets keep our fingers crossed.
If this is true there is a tiny sliver of hope for it to reopen before the end of my trip. Not counting on it, but it’ll be a nice surprise if it does.

I read that super vague tweet and am appropriately skeptical. Hopeful, but realistic about the power of Disney water.

Just watching Mondo on Five Fires and he stated that from what he has heard, IASW is down for a while. He did not reveal his source or state that it was a firm timeline so who knows.

I assume that Disney has to know just how bad the damage is and the length of time needed to repair so they just need to let everyone know. Pushing the date out gradually just keeps everyone’s hopes up. Will be interesting to see what happens this week with the opening date.

Now listed as closed through the 4th.

I am convinced it isn’t opening any time soon. They are not wanting to have folks cancel trips.

The cm I spoke with on thanksgiving night at the ride mentioned that they were waiting for parts from Arizona and Switzerland... fwiw.
Hope they can bandaid it till next year as it was a bummer to not go inside on the holiday small world ride.

The cm I spoke with on thanksgiving night at the ride mentioned that they were waiting for parts from Arizona and Switzerland... fwiw.
Hope they can bandaid it till next year as it was a bummer to not go inside on the holiday small world ride.

Just to clarify, you mean the parts are being shipped from Arizona and Switzerland to Anaheim.

Because at first I was trying to figure out if the Arizona and Switzerland sections of the ride were particularly damaged and needed new parts or if engineers were taking apart the Arizona and Switzerland sections of the ride to reuse the parts in more damaged sections of the ride. What a confusing ride to talk about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter