It's a little late, but its our highs and lows!

TheTizardFamily:0)

DIS Veteran
Hi all, I've been a little neglectful of the DIS since we arrived home 10 days ago, with lots of Christmassy things happening at school and getting our new puppy settled this is the first chance I've had to do this, so here goes, our highs and lows.

Highs-
Steve having a wonderful birthday, I made him wear a big flashing 30th birthday badge and he got lots of birthday wishes from CMs and other guests which was lovely.

My parents and sisters having a great time, my dad only had the odd grumble, so very positive!

The Cheyenne, lovely as usual, although we have made a pact that no matter how much the boys moan we will not stay there again in 2 years when we return, we WILL stay at the DLH!!

The evening buffet at the Cheyenne, my dad and Steve LOVED it!

The weather-it was fab, cool but not cold, we didn't need thermals and only needed hats/gloves etc on the odd occasion. We also had no rain (well, it rained when we were tucked up in bed at night ;))

The lack of cues, they were minimal, the biggest was for Santa, 2 hours and this was 45 mins before opening so we gave that a miss.

A huge high for Evan was getting my mum on thunder mountain twice and taking great pleasure in her screams Of fear!!

Stitch picking my sister out in stitch live, because she had earmuffs on "jade I like your fluffy monkey ears", had us all in stitches!
Lows-

Not Disney related and not really a fault just something that's not for us, the Eurostar, we missed having the independence of having our car, so it was the first and last time we'll use it.

Waiting nearly an hour for our table at cafe Mickey despite reserving in advance, my dad was not impressed.

Harry waking in the middle of the night on our last day and projectile vomiting, this meant he and I spent our last day in bed before travelling home.

Being woken several times one night by someone who spoke no English calling our room phone several times, I don't know why but the ring tone scared the bajebus out of me in the dark and in the end Steve angrily unplugged the phone because I was so distressed by it.

Over all it was a great trip. I did feel though that I "know a little too much", almost like it lost a little magic for me this time round :confused3

We've decided to have a break until 2014 and save for the pink palace, the boys had a wonderful time and are already asking to return so its definitely something we'll be doing again!!

Glad you had a good time.:thumbsup2

Over all it was a great trip. I did feel though that I "know a little too much", almost like it lost a little magic for me this time round :confused3

I've felt like that before *gasp* - but the feeling always goes away! I'm pretty sure that by the time your 2014 trip comes around you'll be more than ready to go back again! :cheer2: :goodvibes

Glad you had a great time, it sounds a very successful holiday - well apart from the phone and sickness!

Staying in the DLH next time sounds the ideal extra magic to look forward to. :goodvibes

Sounds like a great trip - minus the sickness.

My DD2 was ill before we went and I took a sick bowl with us (I kid you not, and probably tmi). I just knew she would probably be sick (it was her chest, nasty chest infection which makes her cough and sick) and so I wanted to be prepared as it's a nightmare being in a hotel with sick bedding etc!! I am glad I took said bowl as she used it :lmao:. So, I feel your pain there!

The weather was great wasn't it. The UK had much colder weather while we were away which surprised me. Very lucky indeed :thumbsup2.

I do know what you mean about knowing too much/been there before. After our June trip I had started to wonder if this was one of the issues that made it lacklustre for us. But, this Christmas trip couldn't have been more different - perhaps because the theming was all new to us maybe :confused3. We came back feeling enthused again about the place (but I still can't persuade DH to return next year again :lmao: - he too has had enough for a few years I think). Perhaps a girlie trip next then :rotfl2:....

Welcome back :wave2: glad you had a great time apart from DS being ill (hope he soon recovered) and that run of scary phone calls in the middle of the night would have freaked me out too. :(

We all felt a little disneyed out after a summer trip a few years ago but I can assure you it didn't last long and I was soon desperate to return!

Very nice report and I am sorry for the weird phone calls and the illness. I wonder if going too much makes it loose the magic?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter