• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Its a Conspiracy

dmure

Mouseketeer
Its a conspiracy- My daughter and I have 5 days till we leave for Disney and my husband and son in law have the flu. My father in law came down with the shingles. I am freaking out because I am so afraid that they are going to make us sick . Wouldn't it be awful to just get to Disney and then be sick or worst get sick on the plane there. Pray for us to either get sick before we get there or not at all.

Just wear a face mask around them (no need to breather into the germs) and AIRBORNE, AIRBORNE, AIRBORNE! :cloud9:

I started with a cold two days before leaving last fall, you would not believe how much dayquill I popped the first two days at Disney.

dmure said:
Its a conspiracy- My daughter and I have 5 days till we leave for Disney and my husband and son in law have the flu. My father in law came down with the shingles. I am freaking out because I am so afraid that they are going to make us sick . Wouldn't it be awful to just get to Disney and then be sick or worst get sick on the plane there. Pray for us to either get sick before we get there or not at all.
Stay away from the one with Shingles if you or the kids haven't had chicken pox. While you can't catch shingles, if you have never had the pox you can get them from shingles.
I also know that if they have the "flu" you can take Tamiflu or something like that as a precaution. Call your doctor and see! Hope all goes well!

:wizard: Some magic for you hopefully good health! Keep us updated! And I hope your Father in law is ok...Shingles are VERY serious. I'll keep all of you in my prayers!

I can't imagine being sick on the airplane, not to mention all the people on the plane with you who might catch it. Here's some good vibes that you don't get sick :goodvibes I agree with the airborne idea too!

tiffick said:
Stay away from the one with Shingles if you or the kids haven't had chicken pox. While you can't catch shingles, if you have never had the pox you can get them from shingles.
I also know that if they have the "flu" you can take Tamiflu or something like that as a precaution. Call your doctor and see! Hope all goes well!

Good Advice :thumbsup2 ! Shingles are VERY painful ::yes:: , though you could probably manage in WDW with having them, it would be unfair to other people visiting the parks who haven`t had the chicken pox. If you have had the chicken pox, then you have nothing to worry about! Someone help me out here :listen: , but I believe it takes like a week to get the flu once exposed?? :confused3

Regardless, I hope all turns out well and that you and your family have a wonderful time :yay: !!

So far so good. We have not caught the flu from them yet. I have had the chicken pox but my daughter has not. However she has had the vacine for the chicken pox so hopefully she will never get either the chicken pox or the shingles.

pixiedust: Sending pixi-dust your way.

For the flu, here is a trick our family uses it works every time. Get some Dole Pinnapple banana juice and drink a ton of the stuff. I dunno if it is the banana or what but it works. Also, drink lots of water.

Good Luck!!!

Oh my gosh I feel for you. Me, my mother and DS10 leave in 7 days and about 1/2 our family is sick. We're supposed to go over to my sister's tomorrow for a Mother's Day celebration, but I'm afraid to be around her husband and two sons who have an "unidentified something!" I DON'T WANT IT!!! Whatever it is, they need to keep it to themselves!!

Best of luck not getting sick. Stay away from all those that are. Its a BAD thing when there are so many people around you and you're just afraid of getting it!!!

What a sad situation. I hope you and your daughter both stay healthy and have a magical trip there and back.

Lots of good thoughts coming your way.

We were in a similar situation Jan. 2005, and we still had a wonderful vacation. Two days before our flight to WDW, my daughter vomited all night. The day before we were scheduled to leave, she was home from school all weak and pale. We had nonrefundable plane tickets, paid reservations, vacation days, and all my children's schoolwork done in advance, so we decided to take a chance and go for it. Well, nobody else threw up in the night and she perked right up on the plane, so we thought we were home free. We spent the day in MK, when, yup, my son starts feeling queasy right before Wishes. That is a really hard time to leave MK! We slowly made our way to the exit while carefully stepping over families all spread out on the ground for the fireworks--all the while hoping my son didn't blow. He finally did discreetly in a bag on the bus to POR. A few hours later it caught me. The next morning my husband took the kids to AK. As soon as the bus pulled up there, my other son made a mess all over the bus. :guilty: They rode a bus back, deposited my son with me, and went back to AK. Somehow my husband didn't get it. I had brought anti-bacterial wipes and used them freely. My son and I did miss a park day and a long-planned dinner at Le Cellier, but we felt fine the next day and had a great rest of trip.

i hear ya my dh has the flu and we leave in 12 or so days. when i get sick i get sick most often end up with phnumonia i told him don't talk to me go sleep in the livingroom and wash your hands alot im not getting sick for disney

i had the flu around DLP in december when its freezing :cold:
i survived just i went on warm indoor rides alot to make sure i didn't get pnumonia oh and DRINK LOTS FLUSH IT OUT

Go rent a local hotel room for you and your daughter and start your vacation a little early. Stay away from the infection zone! LOL Best of luck and have a great trip!

Well, I replied to your thread and now the conspiracy has spread to ME!!--well, to DS anyway! He woke up yesterday with a NASTY head cold--nose all running, sneezing, etc. Today he's WORSE!! We leave in 6 days, and he's a MESS!!! Since he has high blood pressure, I can't give him most meds. Coricidin HBP works really well for the cold, but as we found out today, makes him so dizzy he can't stand up. Well, THAT won't do!!! I'm hoping it works its way out of his system by Saturday. Unfortunately, sometimes when he comes down with stuff like this, its WEEKS before it goes away!!!

WASH YOUR HANDS! and don't touch your face. Then relax stress weakens your immune system. Then think about being prepared for your trip. Pack lots of cold medicine, halls and tylenol. I hope everyone is better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter