• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's 6:30 AM and the neighbor is working in his yard!

FutureMrsC

<font color=red>I'd really love to do some peeping
I just woke up (had to- start teaching school today) and heard a weed-eater and then a blower going loud & proud at the house next door. Argh! The rest of my household SHOULD still be asleep... but they aren't...

Why couldn't my neighbor wait until 7:30? He was home all weekend, too.

Some people.... :confused3

I bet my neighbors on the other side of this guy will be out shortly to say something to him, though... if I were braver, I'd go out and spectate! :rotfl:

OO.... just as I finished addding in my smilies, the noise stopped. Nevermind... he's blowing off section by section.... vrrrrrrrrrr..<3 secondd pause>.... vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... <5 second pause>........ etc.

It's times like these that I wish I weren't in a neighborhood!!!

This might have something to do with it:
airnow.gov said:
Atlanta, GA

TODAY'S
FORECAST
Monday
August 13, 2007

ACTION DAY

Action days are usually called when the AQI gets into the unhealthy ranges. Different air pollution control agencies call them at different levels. In some places, action days are called when the AQI is forecast to be Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups, or Code Orange. In this case, the groups that are sensitive to the pollutant should reduce exposure by reducing prolonged or heavy exertion outdoors. For ozone this includes: children and adults who are active outdoors, and people with lung disease, such as asthma. For particle pollution this includes: people with heart or lung disease, older adults and children. Occasionally, an action day is declared when the AQI is Moderate, or Code Yellow, if the levels are expected to approach Code Orange levels.

In many places, action days are called when the AQI is forecast to be Unhealthy, or Code Red. In this case, everyone should reduce exposure to air pollution, but especially the members of the sensitive group for the particular pollutant. In some places, action days are called when the AQI is forecast to be Unhealthy, or Code Red. In this case, everyone should reduce exposure to air pollution, but especially the members of the sensitive group for the particular pollutant.
Generally, on high ozone days, the recommendation is to not engage in physical exertion between the hours of 9AM and 6PM.

Now, why he didn't take advantage of a low ozone day yesterday, who knows?

I've been out working in my yard at 6:30 AM, but have limited myself to weeding, hand trimming, and watering out of consideration for my neighbors.

Perhaps your neighbor felt that people would object even more if he started that early on the weekend? He may have assumed that the majority of people were getting up early anyways, and that the majority would have been sleeping in on Sat & Sun, so would have been angry had he done it then?

I've been out that early to do my yard work as well just to beat the heat. It's been in the 100's here for about 3 weeks now! YUCK!

I don't use power tools outside till after 8 AM (10 AM on weekends). Just a personal rule.

I don't use power tools outside till after 8 AM (10 AM on weekends). Just a personal rule.

Excellent rule! :thumbsup2

My neighbor was out with the weed trimmer thingy Saturday morning at 7:15am...I think that's just too early on a weekend morning...that thing is SO loud! Plus my neighbor is retired, so he could have waited...it is supposed to be much cooler the next few days here.

I do not 6:30 is unreasonable on a Monday morning. :confused3

But right now, at 10AM, it's 96 degrees in my yard. When the weather is unreasonable, sometimes we have to be unreasonable too. Or would you rather your neighbors either let their yard go, or die of heat stroke? :confused3

In my neighborhood, 6:30 is the norm. Lots of landscape crews start even earlier. The apartment complex I lived at eons ago used to start between 5 and 6.

But right now, at 10AM, it's 96 degrees in my yard. When the weather is unreasonable, sometimes we have to be unreasonable too. Or would you rather your neighbors either let their yard go, or die of heat stroke? :confused3

I totally agree with you. My lawn guy comes on wednesday afternoon and it was 98 w/ high humidity last wednesday, I made him leave. My lawn can wait. He came back friday when it cooled down.

Sorry ma'am. It's so friggin hot now that yard work HAS to be done early before it gets unbearable. I was out mowing this morning just after I brought in the horses. Gotta make acceptions for some situations. Thank GOD he was kind enough to not intrude on your weekend sleep-in time though, right?

maybe he just got a new weedeater and he was counting down until sunrise-you know how men are!:laughing:

We got home last night at about 10pm and our neighbor had his landscapers out doing his lawn! It didn't bother us but we thought it was odd since it was so late at night. The only thing that did bother us was the clumps of grass sticking to the side of our house next to their lawn. At first we thought it was giant bugs :lmao: but then realized it was dozens of clumps of grass stuck to the siding. Oh well, hoping for rain to wash it all off, or will just get out the hose!

How about for the people who get off of work at 7 am?? After working all night the neighbors are still disrespectful while doing their lawn mowing, power drilling, loud music blaring at 9 am. I guess you have to live with the hand you're dealt!:hippie:

630 am is common around here for outdoor landscaping type work - inside our condo here, the washers/dryers/vacuums start around 7 am.....

(ok with me - we get up 430 am daily - DH is an electrician and begins work at 6 am, so i'm up and ready to clean by 7 myself)

This might have something to do with it:
Generally, on high ozone days, the recommendation is to not engage in physical exertion between the hours of 9AM and 6PM.

Now, why he didn't take advantage of a low ozone day yesterday, who knows?
Maybe he was in church like a lot of people in the south. I know we were from 8:30 until 1pm and back again at 5pm to 8:30pm. Sundays are very busy days for some people.

Our city has bylaws that state no lawnmowers or things of noise until 9AM on the Weekend and 8AM on the weekday...

Works for us.

Thank goodness we don't here. It gets real hot pretty early down here. 6:30am can be a necessity in the summer especially in August

If this is the first time he's done it all summer, I'd chalk it up to the heat and give him a break. I heard plenty of lawnmowers and weedeaters before 7 am this weekend and I'm not complaining because it can be dangerous out there in the afternoon doing it. I'd blame the weather, not the neighbor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter