it's 5:30am and it's sleeting at the fort

TiggerinBama

Mouseketeer
hey guys,

it's 5:30am and it's sleeting at the fort, awaiting the snow! I f I see it I will take pictures.popcorn::

It's 7:30am..just went out to get my paper..and we have "slushie" rain! I wouldn't exactly call it sleet, but there are definitely ice crystals in the stuff! My thermometer is saying it's 29 outside, but it doesn't feel that cold - or I've just become more adjusted to colder temps.

Either way.... you won't hear me complain about this cold because I know we're gonna be hot and humid all summer. I'm relishing this stuff!!

Wow, guess I wouldn't be sitting outside under the awning with my coffee, listening for the boat whistle. Early morning is my favorite time at the Fort. But this morning I'd be enjoying my coffee inside with the heater running. Which is precisely what I am doing at home in TN.

I'd still rather be at the Fort.

TiggerinBama, what r u still doing there, I thought you left? Are you staying until the RV show next week? We are going to have the golf carts there. We are trying to get a site at the fairgrounds for the weekend. Let me know if you are going to be there. Keep warm.

Interesting weather this AM for sure. So glad I'm not in a tent over at the Fort. Burrrrrr. There is a huge half marathon at Epcot this morning with about 3000 runners from all over the world (real world, not just WDworld :lmao:). Now those are some tough people.
We had sleet and a few snow flakes this morning at about 6:30, (about an hour NW of the Fort). Not use to walking and hearing crunching under my feet.
The weather should be much better by Thursday, more like our beautiful Florida for those of you coming to the Fort this week. :thumbsup2

Just sitting home at well in the great state of South Carolina (18 degrees here) wondering if the weatherwomen was right....you all ARE getting sleet down there! Unbelievable!

I have said it before, but I would rather be at the Fort with snow and cold than not at all!

Bundle up and enjoy!!

According to the forecasts I've heard, by Wednesday, temps will start moving upward, and by Friday we should be back to seasonal temps. But we still have two or three cold days to get through yet. I really feel for any tent campers at the Fort, as well as the marathon runners.

Wow, almost 10 am and still raining, sleeting....whatever this is. It seems different than the stuff earlier this morning. It not crunching, but frozen on the vehicles. Guess there's a difference between sleet and frozen rain????? :confused3 Sorry all, native Floridian here.

Lona she is like us she never left looks like we may be here until Feb.

hey guys,

it's 5:30am and it's sleeting at the fort, awaiting the snow! I f I see it I will take pictures.popcorn::

We left yesterday after 10 days at the fort and came back home to SC.. We were at site 515, Chubs (95 pound puppy) and I met a lot of people to be sure.

I know that I would rather be here, at the Fort, than at home, but this really is a buzz-kill considering I was hoping for just a little warm weather before we have to go back to reality in Illinois. (BTW, this current weather is our unfortunate reality of home. I was hoping for 10 days of warmth to get me through until Spring.....guess I'm out of luck.) :sad2:

TiggerinBama, what r u still doing there, I thought you left? Are you staying until the RV show next week? We are going to have the golf carts there. We are trying to get a site at the fairgrounds for the weekend. Let me know if you are going to be there. Keep warm.

hey there, no Britt and I stayed down here and now we are both sick with sinus problems, so we are in the camper today. We are both taking meds. We will be at the Rv show but we are staying at the fort and just driving down. Stacy will be here Wednesday or Thursday.

You luckies! I want to be back at the Fort. I thought it was cold when we were there but it was 9 here last night. Rather be cold at the Fort! Have fun and stay warm! Here is to hoping for snow for you!

You luckies! I want to be back at the Fort. I thought it was cold when we were there but it was 9 here last night. Rather be cold at the Fort! Have fun and stay warm! Here is to hoping for snow for you!

It's suppose to be in the twenties tonight, and it's not sleeting anymore, just sloppy rain, and it makes it colder. going thru propane fairly quickly but that's ok. I wish ya'll were still here too. This was not a trip for looping this year, maybe in July. Stay warm guys.

Well today at 4:18 am I busted my *** on ice from the rain just outside of our RV it was 23 a warm front came thought so no it is a warm 30. Now it has warmed up I think we are going to swim in the pool or the lake.

30 and slush, I will take that....

It was -4 this morning here in STL. Has not been above freezing since last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter