Its 5:10 AM--I called SOUTHEAST

magicalmoments

Mouseketeer
Well if any of you called the number for SE yesterday when we got the news, it said the offices were closed and will reopen tomorrow at 5 AM.

Well I just called them and they are not there....still says the same message as it did yesterday.

This whole thing sounds so fishy....someone must have took money and fled. Its one thing to go out of biz but to disappear without a trace so sneaky...I still think theres more to the story.

Well.....on to the phone again today I guess to see what we are supposed to do. The news said that COnt, Delta and USAIR were honoring the tix but I called them and they are not. I really didnt see how they could thats a big loss for them to take.

I will keep in touch,
Stacy

I don't think you will find anyone answering the phone. The paychecks they gave the workers all bounced.

I understand that Air Tran is honoring the tickets for a $50 fee. You might try them.

Seems the website has been adjusted a little bit since yesterday....

SOUTHEAST AIRLINES

Southeast Airlines has made its final landing and has ceased airline operations. We apologize for the inconvenience this will cause to our customers, vendors and employees.

We sincerely thank all of our loyal employees, customers and vendors for their dedication, support and efforts.

Customers seeking refunds of unused tickets purchased with a credit card should contact their credit card companies and request that the charge for the cancelled flight(s) be “charged back”.

Customers who purchased their tickets with cash, check or debit cards should contact United Bank at 727.898.2265

You may also re-book your flight on Airtran Airways for $50.00. If you elect this option, please fax a copy of your Airtran receipt along with a copy of the invoice for your cancelled Southeast flight to 757.220.5818, and Southeast will arrange for reimbursement from its DOT-approved escrow account.

Let's hope all of us are refunded our hard earned money...

Monte Southwell

Did some searching on this United Bank & Trust Co for those that paid by Cash, Check, or Debit Cards....

here is a email address:

cservice@unitedbank.com

if enough of us who have been affected email them maybe they will realize how important this is to us....

Monte

Some things probably should be done over the phone. I would call, not email United Bank. (I would assume they have the SouthEast escrow account) Lots of company emails just go to some clerk who "Eventually" will sort it and redirect it.

I would quit trying to call SouthEast. They are gone... Sorry!

Been trying to call all day yesterday and today....nothing....nothing at all.....so I am just trying every avenue....

Monte

I called Airtran several times today wondering if someone just didnt know they were honoring the tix for $50. They all told me the same thing. They are only offering standby at $50 til Dec 8 for those stranded. Apparently folks are stranded at airports. They all told me I would have to get booked at going fare...that was fine but my dates were sold out...and we even tried moving them a bit. Its so late to be doing this at this holiday time. Merry Christmas from Southeast.

I still think somethings fishy. To go OOB is one thing but to vanish..nah.

If all else fails we are driving. We got some folks gathering up info, tips, etc. Thanks to you all here.....what more can we ask for!

Thanks for being there :)
Stacy

magicalmoments said:
I called Airtran several times today wondering if someone just didnt know they were honoring the tix for $50. They all told me the same thing. They are only offering standby at $50 til Dec 8 for those stranded. Apparently folks are stranded at airports. They all told me I would have to get booked at going fare...that was fine but my dates were sold out...and we even tried moving them a bit. Its so late to be doing this at this holiday time. Merry Christmas from Southeast.

I still think somethings fishy. To go OOB is one thing but to vanish..nah.

If all else fails we are driving. We got some folks gathering up info, tips, etc. Thanks to you all here.....what more can we ask for!

Thanks for being there :)
Stacy
Best of luck to you Stacy.

Here is some info I found in my local newspaper:

If you have a ticket to fly on Southeast Airlines after Dec 1, the U.S. Department of Transportation says you can call the company to request your money back. The company's customer service number is (800) FLY-SEAL and its corporate offices are listed at (727) 532-1632.

Your money is supposed to be held in an escrow account at Valley National Bank in New York City according to the agency.

If you don't get an answer, the Department of Transporation encourages you to contact its consumer protection division at (202) 366-2220 or by email at airconsumer@ost.dot.gov

Just in case no one has seen this yet

Monte

southeast airline website says they have $200,000 set aside for refunds
so 1st go to the www.unitedbank.com website and get details for the refund
they split it up between debit/cc and cash sales depending on how you paid that will tell you what to do next.i pd with debit and it told me to contact the bank issuer, i did and they told me to print the southeast web page and the tickets and they will try...
i hope
southeast also has some new deals on their website for other airlines
:grouphug:

We just got home from WDW last night. We were among those "stuck" in Florida because of SEAL. In fact, if my parents wouldn't have called us on Thursday to tell us, we probably would have arrived at the airport Friday thinking everything was a-ok. We couldn't get through to anyone from SEAL, but fortunately got in touch with someone at the Sanford Airport who told us what to do.

We got the $50 standby tickets from AirTran, but they could only get us to Philadelphia and we needed to get to Allentown, PA. We had to rent a car one-way ($140 to drive 78 miles!). "Supposedly" we can get all our return-to-PA money back (SEAL fare, AirTran fare, rental car). We're also going to try submitting our tolls and phone calls. It would be nice to get something for "lost time at WDW" but I'm sure that won't be happening. We had to leave 6 hours earlier than we thought we would be.

One word about the standby tickets - security told us that it automatically means you are selected for the extra screening at airport security. And even though we were officially on standby, we did have guaranteed seats.

AirTran leaves from Orlando so we ended up having to return our rental car there instead of Sanford. Alamo waived the drop fee when we explained the situation. They were very sympathetic.

We also called our credit card company to get the "charge back". They have to investigate and verify information, but said there shouldn't be a problem.

I spoke to Guest Services at the resort to see if there was a way they could let people know the situation, but they said there was nothing they could do. After all, when we're on vacation we don't check newspapers or newscasts - we knew nothing. There was only 2 of us, I don't know how families would manage something like this unexpectedly - our flight down was sold out and was mostly families with small children.

I hope everyone who has tickets for future flights is able to get other arrangements made. It was our first time for SEAL and we thought they were very satisfactory for a discount airline. And we were very thankful that they at least made arrangements with another airline to fly us for a reasonable cost. I don't know what we would have done if it would have cost several hundred dollars a person to get home, especially after 5 days at WDW.

I just wish there would have been some sort of communication to passengers...smething like this could really spoil a vacation.

Debbie

Debbie,
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but... I am not sure you are going to get anything back.

From what I read online if you got on AirTran, then AirTran will be paid for the flight with the money you originally paid SouthEast. And I would be doubtful that they have extra money to pay unsecured creditors like you for extra costs. (SORRY!)

The guy from Consumer Protection who is handleing complaints about Southeast called me himself after I left a message.

He said we are definately getting our money but it will take about 60 days. We must file a claim tho. If you need contact info for this I have an email that he sent me with all the info I need to start the proceedings for my refund. If you need it--let me know. I thought I posted it on here somewhere, but I will gladly email it to you.

As far as the car rental thing....you can call and ask consumer protection about this. It was extra money out of your pocket thru no fault of yours....see what they say. What can it hurt?

Airtrans offer expires on Dec 8th. That is to fly standby for $50 each way.

Let me know if I can help you with any info...
Stacy

DebbieR said:
"Supposedly" we can get all our return-to-PA money back (SEAL fare, AirTran fare, rental car). We're also going to try submitting our tolls and phone calls. It would be nice to get something for "lost time at WDW" but I'm sure that won't be happening. We had to leave 6 hours earlier than we thought we would be.

......It was our first time for SEAL and we thought they were very satisfactory for a discount airline. And we were very thankful that they at least made arrangements with another airline to fly us for a reasonable cost. I don't know what we would have done if it would have cost several hundred dollars a person to get home, especially after 5 days at WDW.

I just wish there would have been some sort of communication to passengers...smething like this could really spoil a vacation.

Debbie

I think you'll get your $50 back but not your SEAL fare. I'm pretty sure Air Train got that money to transport you. I agree with the previous poster, reimbursement for other expenses is probably pretty low in the creditor list. Employees pay checks bounced, I'm not sure how much money will be left for other claims.

Not sure how you can be satisfied with SEAL? They didn't charge enough to stay in business and didn't give any advance notice prior to suspending operations. You were thankful the made arrangements with another airline. You really should be directing your thanks to the other airlines that agreed to work with the PAX. SW actually accepted the SEAL tickets without imposing any fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter