It'll Be All Right -A May 2012 TR Closing Thought and PTR Link 8/12*

amazingact21

Upendi
It'll be all right.

I think a lot of us Disney planners and stressers need this phrase branded into our minds when we begin a Walt Disney World vacation.
We should also make this comment a requirement from all parties tagging along:

"Stop worrying; I'm having the time of my life."

Not everyone agree? Hmm, I kind of assumed that when I began writing those opening lines.
Guess it's just me. :rolleyes:

The good news is, I did have someone tell me that and I did keep that little token of optimism in my head. (Halfway through the trip, but that's not important, now is it?) And what resulted from those moments was a new, adventurous, very memorable vacation to Disney.

It resembled Rock 'N Roller Coaster at times...catapult start, sharp turns, adrenaline high. Yet ended up similar to exiting through a Pirates-like attraction-serene, slow, relaxed.

No matter how many versions this trip took on, one thing was for certain. The members of the trip experienced a lot of firsts, a lot of laughs, and a lot of setbacks.
I won't say it was the best trip I've ever taken, but I will say it was the one that taught me the most.

I can't promise this will be the best trip report you've ever read, nor can I assure you this will be the most memorable one I, personally, have ever written, but I can tell you that it'll be full of race information, learning curves, and enough food pictures to get your mouths drooling.

So, without further ado, let us begin!

The Cast:
Dsc09415.jpg

Hollywood Studios 02.jpg

Ahhh, what great pictures. Smiles all around, the 100 degree sun looming right above us, that look of "I'm going to pass out if I don't get a sip of water" prevalent on each of our faces. A joyous moment, lemme tell you. :lmao:

I'm kidding, we all really were happy. I just have to giggle, because when choosing a picture of all 3 of us together, it seems like we only snapped a picture when it was in the heat of the day and we were all sweaty and tired.

But, I digress...

The first member of the party is me: Alicia, 21, DISboard member, writer of the PTR for this trip, wife, student, nut case,
(wait, what? That's not accurate!) and most importantly, the biggest Disney fan in the family. My husband might argue this statement, so let me reword. The biggest Disney planner in the family.

DH:
Alex, 23, my husband of about, oh, 8 months. He's been a fan of WDW since 2010 and is not allowed to ever visit without me, because he'd probably buy out Pin Traders and MouseGears. I'd also like to note that he will only be in about half this trip report's pictures, because he left after 3 days.

The final member of the trip: DM, my mother, age 28 for the past 20 years. This was her first visit to WDW since 2004, and her first stay on-site, and her first time on the Dining Plan, and almost her first everything.

The trip took place May 4th- May 11th, or as I'd like to say, the 7 days the sun burned a hole in Florida.

:beach:

We stayed at All Star Sports, the red-headed stepchild of Disney resorts, and we were there for 2 reasons. (Besides the fact that we love Disney.)
We were all competing in the Expedition Everest 5K Challenge, and my mother and I wanted some mom/daughter time together.

Simple enough reasons, and I am looking forward to talking about how each one went.

But for now I think I'll end this excruciatingly long post with the cast and trip info and see how many of you are brave enough to follow along on this crazy journey.

Up Next: A Very Brief Update on Departure and Travel Days (because we all know those are like the trailers before the movie. They might be entertaining and enjoyable, but they are more the necessary path you have to go through to get to the good stuff!)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Great start! Sounds like it was an "ah hem" interesting trip.

Hey - I think your mother and I are the same age! :rotfl2:

I'm here! Great start, can't wait to read more! :banana: OMG wasn't it SOOOO freakin hot? I think that was the hottest it's ever been for me on a Disney trip!

First! Yesssssss!

:thumbsup2

Great start! Sounds like it was an "ah hem" interesting trip.

Hey - I think your mother and I are the same age! :rotfl2:

Interesting is a good word to use to describe this trip. :rolleyes:

Joining. Can't wait to hear more. :goodvibes

Thanks for following! I love reading your TRs!:thumbsup2

I'm here for the ups and the downs!

Yay! Thanks for following me over from my PTR.

I am here! Can't wait to read more.

Welcome! Thanks for joining in!

Joining in too!

Awesome! Thanks for reading!

I'm in! Your intro has me intrigued; I can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Thanks! Reading your TR and other May visiters made me want to start mine, even though I told myself I'd wait awhile. :lmao:

I'm here! Great start, can't wait to read more! :banana: OMG wasn't it SOOOO freakin hot? I think that was the hottest it's ever been for me on a Disney trip!

Hi Jen! Thanks for joining! Being from FL, you'd think I'd be used to hot weather, but nope...it was insane! Made me miss my freezing cold December trip!:rotfl2:

I'm here to read along!

And a heck yeah about the heat of a thousand suns that week! I was cursing the Florida sunshine more than once!

I'm heeeerreee!! I tried to start my own tr today but every time I think of starting it I sit at the computer to realize that DH STILL hasn't finished downloading all the trip pics yet from the laptop to the work computer. I want them all in one place before I begin so instead... I had time to pop over to your tr :)

Can't wait to hear about what all went on!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter