Itinerary Help Please!!

aheaviside

Mouseketeer
I'm not going until January but I trying to get ADR's lined up so I'm stressing as I keep changing which parks we are doing on which days. I don't know why I can't just decide and stick with my original plan!!
Me, DH, DS 4, DD almost 3 at trip- possibly relatives in florida area.
hotel - CR club level 3 nights only then to relatives house
No late nights for us- would like to have kids back at resort by 8ish
Mornings- we can easily do rope drop. kids up early if we don't keep them out
No park hopper. NO AK this trip. 2 full days; 2 half days; Should we do DHS or just stick with Epcot and MK since on the monorail?

Tuesday- arrive at CR around noon/ 1/2 park day/dinner at park - WHICH PARK? Epcot (has emh am but we would focus on FW) or MK? Wishes at hotel

Wednesday- Magic Kingdom 9-1130; Crystal Palace lunch; MK 4-7 pm; Wishes at hotel

Thursday- MK or Epcot? (EMH at MK but 7 pm parade)- is the parade a must do w/toddlers?? Was planning on doing Epcot today since it's "best park" and no EMH but now 2nd guessing that we may want to see MK parade??? Any thoughts?

Friday- check out but head to park for 1/2 day; Which Park? Is DHS worth it or should I save for another trip? Back to MK or Epcot? We will be back alot with family there.

Any advice on which park on which days would be greatly appreciated so I can finally get some ADRs booked!!!

Sounds like you need park hopper tickets, that way you can do 2 parks in the same day, i.e run back to MK to see the parade. Otherwise, I would pick Mk for 1.5 days and Epcot for the other day. We like DHS, so yes it is worth doing, even for half a day - you must see fantasmic if you haven't already. Why dont you do this: MK Tuesday & Wed, Thurs. Epcot then DHS on Friday. Have fun planning.

Okay, so I altered your itinerary a bit.

Tuesday: I'd say go to MK
Wednesday: I think your kids would enjoy seeing the parade, is it possible to make today your Epcot day? If so, do Epcot today.
Thursday: MK, you can see the parade and wishes
Friday: I'd go to DHS, but if you don't feel you could see everything you want in a half day, then head back to Epcot.

It's a really tough choice when you're trying to compress so much into a short time. Just took a look at easywdw to see what they had to say about Jan. crowds. If you are going later in the month and are avoiding MLK weekend, then the lower crowds will be in your favor.

I would tend to just stick with Epcot and MK, since transportation will be so easy from your resort. A day and a half at each. Really doable at MK since there will be ride refurbishments going on at several attractions there (at least this is historically the case). And I'd try to do MK on an EMH morning if possible, since the park closes so early during the week. And I personally love the evening parade. It's the only one that I specifically plan for.

That would leave you with Epcot on Wed. and one of your half days. Since the crowds should be lower, I don't think it matters too much if you are there on a day when its not 'best park'.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a wonderful stay.

ETA: I just noticed on easywdw that they are reporting that Fantasmic will NOT be shown for most of the month.

I agree with the last few posts but as much as I love epcot I feel like you need to get the family on Toy Story Mania (and when you do you'll need to ride it again right away)... It may be the best attraction (certainly great for all ages) in all the world but you have to get to HS for rope drop or you'll have long waits.

Thanks. Yes, going last week January so very low crowds.

Leaning towards sticking to Epcot and MK this trip since on the monorail and very short trip. I was sold on Epcot over DHS but do ya'll think DHS may be more appropriate for toddlers? I was thinking my kids would like Nemo, character spot at epcot, spaceship earth, maybe soarin for 4 yr old, living with the land so I was looking forward to trying epcot.

I can do MK Tuesday afternoon, move Epcot to Wed but that leaves our full MK day on an EMH day which is supposed to be avoided but with the low crowds probably wouldn't matter?? Then we could do the 7 pm parade Thursday night. Everyone thinks the Electrical Parade is worth it??

Maybe I need to just fly in Monday night so we can get a rope drop in on Tuesday am and make that another full day???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter