Itinerary advise?

Jinxy23

Earning My Ears
Been busy planning what to do when we go in November and have a rough plan. Just wondering what you all think?

DISNEY 2003 YAY!!!!!!

DAY ONE /FRIDAY 28 Explore I Drive
DAY TWO / SATURDAY 29 Universal Parks

DAY THREE /SUNDAY 30 Epcot and Illuminations

DAY FOUR / MONDAY 1 Seaworld /dine

DAY FIVE / TUESDAY 2 Magic Kingdom

DAY SIX / WEDNESDAY 3 Water park

DAY SEVEN / THURSDAY 4 MGM and Fantasia

DAY EIGHT / FRIDAY 5 Animal Kingdom

DAY NINE / SATURDAY 6 Discovery cove

DAY TEN /SUNDAY 7 Shopping

DAY ELEVEN / MONDAY 8 Universal Parks

DAY TWELVE / TUESDAY 9 Disney Quest
(Christmas parade at MK)

Day Thirteen / Wednesday 10 Universal parks

Day Fourteen / Thursday 11 Disney park (MK?)

DAY Fifteen / Friday 12(daytime) ½ day universal

HOME TIME 2003 Booo !!!

Not much planned for the evenings probably downtown disney, I drive or City walk depending on what park we are in and how tired we are :D

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi there - one thing that occured to me is that you have put a Universal park for a Saturday which is their busiest day. That said, it will be busy most places, as it is the weekend following Thanksgiving!

After that, you should find the parks pretty good crowdwise and you'll have all the decorations up to enjoy :) !

(I also wanted to ask you, you didn't mean to visit both parks on one day did you? That would be too much!)

The plan is looking very good apart from that :)

What sort of passes do you have/are you gonig to buy?

Not planning to do more park than one day - apeart from when we do Disney Quest in the day and go to the Chistmas show in MK in the evening.

We haven't decided what days to do Universal or Island of Adventure so I just listed its as Universal Parks, will probably make our minds up on the day. Hope that makes sense

We've already booked a 10 day world pass for disney, and the discovery cove ticket. We have a 14 day Universal / IOA pass included in the cost of the holiday. As far as I can work out just need to book the MK christmas Show.

Thanks for letting me know that the 1st weekend is the one after Thanksgiving, never realised that until now. If everywhere else is busy we will probably still stick to universal /IOA, as we would still have another 2.5 days to spend there.

Thanks for the help :D

It looks like a fair covering, but ticket wise you seem to have tickets for 30 days worth of entertainment (all of which expire when you leave) and you're only there for 15. If you can rationise that a little it may save you some $$s or give you some tickets that would be usable in the future.

I thought there was only me who had their plan done this early for November. We arrive 29th November.

we are going early december and have a rough plan. Its very rough in fact because i haven't seen the december opening hours or parade/firework days. Have you checked that what you want to see will actually be on on the days you intend to go? If i remember rightly the fireworks at mk are only on friday and saturday nights early december. Just a thought.

What about going to Old Town Kissimmee in the evening? It's between markers 9 & 10 on the 192. There's loads of shops, pubs and a fairground (sorry to sound like an advert but it is great for all the family!). Parking is free and on Friday & Saturdays there's car cruises - you'll see the type of cars I thought all Americans still drove (been watching too much dukes of hazard probably!)

:wave: :wave:

Jinxy

Having TRIED to do Universal Studios/IOA on the Saturday after Thanksgiving...which is when you have it scheduled I would unreservedly say " FORGET IT ! " I don't want to put you on a downer but we tried it and it was by far the worst experience we had in Orlando.

Most Saturdays the US/IOA parks are jammed with US teenagers in HUGE groups.......it took us almost an hour to get into the parks, by 10 a.m. all Express Passes were gone for Spiderman/Hulk, and the queues were up to an hour by mid-morning.

We couldn't get EP's for Duelling Dragons, joined the queue and gave up after almost an hour.

I've never been to Orlando in summer, but I couldn't imagine it being any worse than that day!! The fact that it seemed like 90% were noisy, boisterous teenage groups made it worse. Basically, they were loud and ignorant!! Our two kids are 10 & 11.....they were as sick as the proverbial parrots.

We're used to walk-ons and short queues at that time of year, and indeed that's what we experienced for the rest of the holiday.......but I still get stressed when I think about that day!!

Only plus side is we gave up, got a reservation at Mythos and had a FABULOUS lunch.

Since we had 14 day unlimited passes it was no big deal on the financial side, but if I'd been on a 1-day or 2-day pass I'd have felt robbed.

Sorry if this sounds negative, we absolutely love US/IOA but we're there again this year ( fly out on 27th November ) and we'll be giving it a big miss that week-end.

mike230652

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter