Italy: Viva Italia Meets Thread

Here is a link to a thread from our Viva Italia trip from May 2012. The hotel in Rome is different and you won't be staying at the "servant quarters" (where we stayed in Artimino/Tuscany). It is a fantastic, stunning trip.

Thank you for posting that link. I enjoyed reading that.

Heading to Italy on our first ABD trip 6/5-13 w/ husband, daughter (10) & son (5)! Can't wait!
Welcome to the DISBoards and the ABD Forum, Eileenct! I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread.

Looks like you're going to be on the same trip as mmhoover & family!

It's a great itinerary. Enjoy!

Sayhello

So several Disers are getting really close to their Adventures. So excited for you! Please come back and post a report for those of us who have to hang on til the end of the year. It's been awhile since a current Viva Italia report, can't wait to hear all about this year's trips!

We are booked on the ABD Italy adventure for May 26-June 3rd, leaving as soon as school gets out for the summer. It will be myself, DH, DS17 and DS15.

This will be our 3rd ABD and our first time to Europe. We are celebrating our 25th anniversary, and yes, we're taking our teenagers while they still want to travel with us. Smart kids - they know any trip with ABD will be amazing!

We are under one month until our departure and getting very excited about our trip!

We are booked on the ABD Italy adventure for May 26-June 3rd, leaving as soon as school gets out for the summer. It will be myself, DH, DS17 and DS15.

This will be our 3rd ABD and our first time to Europe. We are celebrating our 25th anniversary, and yes, we're taking our teenagers while they still want to travel with us. Smart kids - they know any trip with ABD will be amazing!

We are under one month until our departure and getting very excited about our trip!

Congrats on 25 years together and Welcome to the Dis Boards on behalf everyone. We just returned Sunday from a Bridges tour and Italy was WONDERFUL.....The food, the wine and the people all leave a passionate memory....Hope you and yours have a unforgettable trip.:)

Welcome to the DISBoards and the ABD Forum, georgiagirl2! I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread. Looks like you'll be on the same trip as DISer richflour and his daughter. It's coming up really soon! Happy almost Anniversary. What a great way to celebrate!

What are the other 2 ABD's you've done?

Sayhello

Thanks, SayHello! I've been a lurker for several years. This is my favorite forum on this site.

richflour, nice to meet a fellow Georgian and look forward to seeing you in person soon!

Our first ABD was to Wyoming/Yellowstone in 2009. Out of the 7 families in our group, 5 were from Georgia, within an hour of us. It was an amazing vacation!

Our second was Southwest Splendors in 2011. We didn't think anything could top our Wyoming trip, but this one did. We fell in love with the desert! And with our guides, Tiffany and Chris.

When we started talking about a 25th anniversary trip, DH knew I had always had my eye on this itinerary. Last summer on our Fantasy cruise, ABD was offering a 5% discount if you booked onboard. So we decided to go for it and here we are, 25 days from departure day. So excited! :yay:

Thanks, SayHello! I've been a lurker for several years. This is my favorite forum on this site.

richflour, nice to meet a fellow Georgian and look forward to seeing you in person soon!

Our first ABD was to Wyoming/Yellowstone in 2009. Out of the 7 families in our group, 5 were from Georgia, within an hour of us. It was an amazing vacation!

Our second was Southwest Splendors in 2011. We didn't think anything could top our Wyoming trip, but this one did. We fell in love with the desert! And with our guides, Tiffany and Chris.

When we started talking about a 25th anniversary trip, DH knew I had always had my eye on this itinerary. Last summer on our Fantasy cruise, ABD was offering a 5% discount if you booked onboard. So we decided to go for it and here we are, 25 days from departure day. So excited! :yay:
Chris was one of my Guides for Southwest Splendors in 2008. He's great! (But they're *all* great, aren't they?) I still think the SWS itinerary is one of ABD's best!

5% off on an ABD is great! You're going to have a fabulous time. We did a lot of the Viva Italia activities on my ABD Med Cruise add-on. *Loved* them! You're going to have a wonderful time!

Sayhello

You're right. All the guides we've had were fantastic! On the SWS trip, there were only 14 in our whole group, and just 4 kids. Chris really reached out to them and they had a blast.

We had Tiffany on our Glacier National Park/ Banff-Canadian Rockies trip ( I don't remember what it is called today). She was wonderful and really is one of ABD's best.

I completely agree about Tiffany! She and Chris together were an unbeatable combination.

The Glacier/Banff trip is one I've always wanted to take.

Hey!! :wave2: So excited to go on our first ABD trip to Italy this summer!! The 4 of us for DD graduation trip. Me, DH, DD (13), DD (18). Shout out if you're scheduled for this trip, too!!

Hey!! :wave2: So excited to go on our first ABD trip to Italy this summer!! The 4 of us for DD graduation trip. Me, DH, DD (13), DD (18). Shout out if you're scheduled for this trip, too!!
Welcome to the DISBoards and the ABD Forum, BSKE4fun! I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread. So far, there are no other DISers listed for your departure, but there are a lot of DISers taking this trip this year! And a lot who have taken it in the past. What a great graduation present!

Sayhello

Thanks, SayHello! I've been a lurker for several years. This is my favorite forum on this site. richflour, nice to meet a fellow Georgian and look forward to seeing you in person soon!

You as well .we fly out Saturday from Atlanta (delta) what day do y'all leave

We are also leaving Saturday on Delta. I've been running around all weekend taking care of last minute details.

We are also leaving Saturday on Delta. I've been running around all weekend taking care of last minute details.
We leave at. 3:43 , It me and my daughter , my wife is staying home with our son. Hope to see y'all at the airport .
What part of atlanta /metro atlanta are y'all from we live in white 20min north of Kennesaw .

We live in Kennesaw, and we are on the same flight. Small world! :)

It will be me, DH, and our two teenage sons, one very tall and one just a little taller than me. Hopefully we can chat at the airport.

Do you have plans for arrival day? We have a guide meeting us at the airport for a Pompeii tour. It will be a long day, but I'm hoping it will help us stay awake so we can adjust to the time zone quickly. Jetlagged teenage boys are no fun!

We live in Kennesaw, and we are on the same flight. Small world! :)

It will be me, DH, and our two teenage sons, one very tall and one just a little taller than me. Hopefully we can chat at the airport.

Do you have plans for arrival day? We have a guide meeting us at the airport for a Pompeii tour. It will be a long day, but I'm hoping it will help us stay awake so we can adjust to the time zone quickly. Jetlagged teenage boys are no fun!

We went on the May 2013 trip.....one bit of advice....at least nap on the plane....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter