Italy or Disney!

hmeadq

Earning My Ears
A little more then a month ago we were nominated by a local group we belong to to go to Turino Italy for a confrence in October. We were just about to (like days from) putting our deposit on our Disney Honeymoon Reservation.

Of course the confrence is the same week our honeymoon will be and our planned Disney trip! As excited as I am about the possibility of going to Italy whith someone else paying our airfare and food/hotel for 5 days (we would travel for 5-7 days after and cover all that ourselves) I am a little bumed that our Disney trip got cancelled... :confused3

Well, know it turns out that our chances of going, which before we were told were 90%+ have gone down a lot. So we still have a good chance of being picked, but maybe we'll still be able to go to Disney!

I really don't know which one I want more. Even though I know we can go to Disney anytime I really wanted to go before kids come along... And as fun as going to Italy sounds spending the first 5 days of our honeymoon at a CONFRENCE (even as great as this will be) does not sound really romantic... So I am conflicted about which to want...

I'll know May 1rst, until then does the fact that I spend more time here then trying to plan a possible trip in Europe say anything??? :rolleyes1

No brainer - Disney. Italy is nice, but who wants to go to Italy for a conference. Go to disney - eat - enjoy the sights and sounds and rides etc - go back to the room in the afternoon - back out and night for fireworks - back to the room - get up for breakfast - go back to the room - go to a park and repeat.

This sounds much more enjoyable from the romance/honeymoon part.

Italy is not a sure thing...a honeymoon @ WDW is. I'd go with your original plan. Maybe there will be another opportunity for you to travel overseas in the near future. And don't forget, you can always go to the Italy Pavillion @ Epcot and say you got to do both. :)

How about this . . . go to Disney and visit Italy in Epcot! :cool1: Plus, nothing beats those bride and groom ears!!

Take it from someone whose been to Italy 3 times and Disney going on 3 times. I would definately chose Disney! I have had more fun planning our trips to Disney than I have Italy. I have enjoyed our trips to Disney much more than Italy and we have much fonder memories from our Disney trips. If it were me I wouldn't even consider it. :cheer2: Go to Disney!!! :cheer2:

Good Luck!

:rolleyes1 stroll through Italy at Epcot :rolleyes1

I totally agree, Disney is not the #1 honeymoon destination in the world for nothing :wizard:

Unfortantly, it is an honor to be nominated and going would be very important to the business we are tring to start. Only 5,000 people from the world and only 500 from the US can go, so if we get selected, we kind of need to go... :rolleyes2

But in the mean time, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed! :Pinkbounc

If only one, not both, of us get selected we'd have an easy out... "It is our honeymoon afterall!" :rotfl: We'll see...

Personally...I would choose Italy. (Although since it's not a sure bet, I'd probably just be going nuts right now wanting to know.)

For our wedding present, my sister and BIL paid for our plane tickets to go to Europe. The offer was they'd either come home for our reception (we weremarried in Jamaica with a reception a month later) or they'd fly us out to Germany. It didn't take long for us to decide. As much as I would have loved to have them here for the reception, I will never forget our trip to Europe. The basis for our decision was that we probably wouldn't make it to Europe on our own. We have done Disney on our own...just a few months ago. We had a blast and can't wait until we can start planning another trip - which we know we'll be able to do. We don't think we could do another Europe trip.

I know I'm one of the few to say Italy...but really, what do you really expect to hear on the Disney boards? ;-)

Here's my opinion... Take the free Italy trip, even though you're in a conference you should still have some time for site-seeing, right? I would love to go to Italy someday, what an opportunity!!! Then, since you said you would travel for 5-7 days after the conference paying for yourself, instead of flying home, you fly to Orlando and enjoy Disney!!!!!!

I know we are in a disney board but it's italy hands down!!
You have already been to disney and might not have a chance to visit italy in a while or maybe never.....
Italy is by far my favorite place to visit. I was there for a month last year and never grew tired of it. Italy is 100 billion times more romantic (ok, maybe exaggerating) and you will never forget it :) :)

Another vote for Italy if you have the choice. Disney rules, but Europe is special in a more subtle way. Plus, its much easier to arrange a last minute trip to Disney over Italy. You could always go to Disney for your first anniversary or even 6 month anniversary if you can't wait that long!

I love the combo idea too. Go to Italy - fly into Orlando when you return and do a week at Disney!

OK, I know Disney is great and all...but we're talking about ITALY or Disney. Italy hands down. You might not receive that opportunity to travel overseas again. You can always go to Disney.

That is a very hard decision, Italy is absolutely beautiful!! Is the conference going to last all day? Will there be time for siteseeing? I would say yes if you were in the conference for a portion of the day only.

From what I have heard from people who went two years ago the confrence runs pretty much all day, then they house you in the country on farms ect, so there is no real sight seeing in the evening. Then you are in Turino not Rome, so I'm not sure how much you would sight see beyond the Fiatte factory ;) .

I guess I just have to wait until next Monday to hear. They will decide for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter