• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Italian charm bracelets - charms on the ship?

coleland

Mouseketeer
Do they have the charms for these bracelets on the ship? I am hoping they have one OF the ship or DCL logo :)

When we were on the Wonder this past February, Treasure Ketch had a pretty decent assortment of the Italian charms. However, none of them are specifically DCL related. I had asked for one with the DCL logo or a cruise ship, and they told me they don't have any.

Denise

Just back. They do have charms, but not DCL charms. They have a red cruise ship. It was $12. I bought it because it reminded me of the old "big red boat".

Thanks aquagirl!!! Many people will be happy to know that.

I am going to buy the one at the site above...I like it better because it is multi colored.

MJ

Originally posted by Aquagirl
Just back. They do have charms, but not DCL charms. They have a red cruise ship. It was $12. I bought it because it reminded me of the old "big red boat".

They also had one in blue. I bought one for each of us because we always buy a charm on vacation. We waited until the last night and they only had two of the blue ones left. So we ended up with two blue (which sort of looked like the Wonder) and one red.

One more thing - I had also bought the cruise charm mentioned by mmouse37 and gave one to each of my daughters when I first told them that we were going on the cruise. They both like this charm better than the one that we bought on the Wonder.

I was on the 5/22 Magic, and I bought my neices charm bracelets, AND charms. It was $8 for the bracelet (had a Mickey head attached) and additional charms were $3 a piece (almost positive). They DID have DCL charms, because I bought 2. It said DCL on the charm, on top of the logo. The logo is the one with the wavy blue lines with a red mickey head on it. They were $3.00 by themselves. NOW, this is assuming we're all talking about the same charms. I just call them charms, so if an Italian charm is different, sorry. Also, they had a BUNCH of charms to chose from, but if I remember right, only one or two of them was DCL related. They had a ship like someone else said. And practically all the Disney characters. Now, on a side note, if I described the charms slightly incorrect, I'm going by memory. I don't have them sitting in front of me anymore since I gave them as gifts. If anyone wants, I will look at them and tell you exactly what they look like later on... I will be seeing my neices later today.

Three bucks is cheap if that is all they were....I paid a lot more (maybe $16 or so) for a disney charm onboard (a character one)

MJ

Wonderwoman are you sure that the charms are the Italian ones like the one pictured in the link above. Sounds like you might have had the spring ring clasp ones.

WDWLVR, Yes, You are right. I see now the difference. The ones you are all talking about are the kind that slide on a bracelet, like a belt sort of, right? The ones I bought were the kind with clasps to attach to a more traditional charm bracelet. BUT I did get DCL logo'd charms :D So, now that I know the difference, I have NO idea if they have DCL logo ones for that kind. I never noticed that kind of charm at all. So, who knows... Sorry!

Wonderwoman1982 - not a problem at all. When I was on our May 2003 cruise they had a charm event one night and I went thinking they would have the Italian charms but they just had the other.

I did get the blue/red ship from another site to be my "Magic".

Thanks for the info!

DD has both types of charm bracelets so we'll be sure to get her a charm (or 2 or 3) on the cruise. She really loves the ones from Disneyland and I love the price -- $3!!

by the way, all of those charms, including the ones that say they're made in italy, are actually made in china....

They did not have any of the blue ship charms on the Magic last week. They only had the red.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter