"It was the time of our lives!" WL Jan 10-15 2010 NEW: 5/17 PTR LINK UP!! PG 44

Wow, I love all the pictures! You are so organized, it is amazing. I am pretty organized but I don't have any time left over to take pictures of it so I am very impressed. Do you scrapbook? With these pictures you are all set!!

And the UF campus is very pretty!

Subscribing! We are going to WDW next January so I'm interested to see what the crowd level was for you.

Looks like you were well prepared for your trip and drive down. How was your 2 year old with the long drive? We are also planning on driving (10 hour trip) and my youngest will be 2.

Now that is some organized packing! Can't wait to see your arrival at WL..........:surfweb:

Hey! Thanks :thumbsup2 WL will be posted TODAY!

YAY!! The first update!! I love all the organizational tubs and neatly packed suitcases!! Yeah--your stop at the University of Florida cracked me up!! I just LOVE the pics that you tagged me in on FB!! Brent just commented again on how hilarious it was!! He got a big kick out of the pics, too!! :lmao: Can't wait to read more!! :goodvibes

:lmao: We are still laughing at what we did. We would take a picture, then stop and sweetly smile/wave to the coaches walking by. It was priceless. The tubs ended up being great. I will show you what I did with them at the WL when I post about it TODAY :woohoo:

Wow! You are one organized lady! I'm glad your kids did so well in the car, you can never tell with little ones on a road trip :thumbsup2

I was SOOO nervous. But they did great!! I am going to write a little more about it today :lovestruc

Wow, I love all the pictures! You are so organized, it is amazing. I am pretty organized but I don't have any time left over to take pictures of it so I am very impressed. Do you scrapbook? With these pictures you are all set!!

And the UF campus is very pretty!

I do scrapbook, but I am kicking it up a notch with this trip. I am going to try to "really" scrapbook with journal entries, photo cds, etc. Our scrapbook stores keep going out of business, so I will need to order most online. Let me know if you know of any good sites.

UF was pretty! We were impressed.

Subscribing! We are going to WDW next January so I'm interested to see what the crowd level was for you.

Looks like you were well prepared for your trip and drive down. How was your 2 year old with the long drive? We are also planning on driving (10 hour trip) and my youngest will be 2.

I am going to post more details about the drive today...but I will give you a sneak preview ;) He did GREAT. The drive was nothing really. We should not have stopped in Gainesville. We ended up getting there at 1:30 and we could have totally kept going to WDW! I think we will drive all the way through when we go back in Dec. I had plenty of coloring books, new DVDs, etc. It helped a lot. Look for my new post tonight!

Just coming over from Beckys pre trip report. I love your updates and I'm curious to hear about the drive. I would love to drive to WDW but am very nervouse about how the kids will do in the car. We are also in Ma so it would be a longer drive. My family always laughs at me because I pack so much stuff and it seems like driving you could take more.
Great updates cant wait for more!!
laura

Hey! Katie
subbing in now I have to go and catch up!!! :mickeyjum:
:wave2: Connie

edit: Great start!!!! love the busy bags you packed for the car!!! Sounds like Aiden did great for the ride! (I know you were worried about that)...I'm looking at all your stuff that you packed and thinking that is a great idea, that is a great idea (I love the plastic containers) than remembered I have been warned when we do go in Nov/Dec this year...Danny has decided to take the car instead of the truck...so, I like you container idea but I need to think about how I am going to pack the trunk...can't wait to hear how you felt about the Disney stroller...if we take the car we cannot bring ours so I will have to rent one.

Just coming over from Beckys pre trip report. I love your updates and I'm curious to hear about the drive. I would love to drive to WDW but am very nervouse about how the kids will do in the car. We are also in Ma so it would be a longer drive. My family always laughs at me because I pack so much stuff and it seems like driving you could take more.
Great updates cant wait for more!!
laura

YEA!!!! I seem to be having lots of traffic from Becky's PTR!:goodvibes
The drive was SO easy. My DH and I kept looking at eachother like "This is too easy". I am going to add a little paragraph about the drive in my post tonight. Seems like lots of people want to hear about it! Thanks for reading!

Hey! Katie
subbing in now I have to go and catch up!!! :mickeyjum:

edit: Great start!!!! love the busy bags you packed for the car!!! Sounds like Aiden did great for the ride! (I know you were worried about that)...I'm looking at all your stuff that you packed and thinking that is a great idea, that is a great idea (I love the plastic containers) than remembered I have been warned when we do go in Nov/Dec this year...Danny has decided to take the car instead of the truck...so, I like you container idea but I need to think about how I am going to pack the trunk...can't wait to hear how you felt about the Disney stroller...if we take the car we cannot bring ours so I will have to rent one.

Connie---The drive was NOTHING! Aiden did wonderful. It was very helpful to leave early. We got to the Florida line before they woke up. It was really nice. When they woke up, I put on their DVDs and gave them pop tarts. We had a small icechest on the floor with juice, etc. so we did not have to stop till bathroom breaks later.

The containers were really helpful, but a pain to transfer from the car to the room. I will write about that tonight. Notice the larger purple one. That one fit inbetween their carseats, so we just left it in the car. You could do something like that with Ashton easily. He will enjoy discovering the things inside during the trip too.

Ugh-the strollers. We have a love/hate relationship with them. I will post about it later. Let me just say---arent Ashton and Abby close in age?---this is Abby's LAST year in it. We got the week long double rental. There are many positives...but lots of negatives this year. I found out some new tips to help save little (and big) feet from walking a lot. More later! Thanks for reading!!!! :woohoo:

Woo-hoo! Girl, you are fast! Already started your report and it's already on page 2!!! I am usually in such a stupor after a trip it takes me a while to get my act together to actually start writing!

I love your bins and am very curious about how they worked transferring from car to room. I'm thinking of packing bins this time (less than 3 weeks away...woo-hoo) but was trying to think of the logistics of transferring and storing in the room, etc...

Love the organized car - did you take a picture of everything loaded in? I have 3 across in the backseat (unless I put my oldest in the 3rd row of the Tahoe but I think I will need that space for luggage) so the tub in between carseats won't work, so I'm trying to figure out where to put all the "travel stuff".

I'm so grateful you are posting about the packing and such - it's always something I dwell on! (Husband thinks I'm nuts!)

Looking forward to more!! popcorn::

Sara

Another one here saying wow Katie you are one organised packer, the boxes are great and so neat :thumbsup2

Glad to hear the drive went well, that's the same length as our flight :thumbsup2

Hi Katie!

I'm here!! Great job so far. I can't wait to follow along on your family's trip. :thumbsup2 I'm so glad you had the time of your lives...and I'm sure many, many memories were made! I love all of the containers. It's so nice that you could drive and take as much as you wanted!

Can't wait for more!! :goodvibes

Great update! I love the "behind the scenes" pictures. And wow - that's some amazing organization! I can't imagine how long it took you to pack all of that!

I do scrapbook, but I am kicking it up a notch with this trip. I am going to try to "really" scrapbook with journal entries, photo cds, etc. Our scrapbook stores keep going out of business, so I will need to order most online. Let me know if you know of any good sites.

I know you didn't ask me, but mousememories.com is a great online scrapbooking store for Disney and vacation merchandise!

** I added Update Links on PG.1 to make it easier to read my TR! Check it out**

I left off last time falling asleep in Gainesville, dreaming of our first day at WDW!!

We woke up around 7am. The hotel we were staying in (a Comfort Inn) offered a nice breakfast with bagels, muffins, cereal, etc. So, I sent my DH down to the seating area to get the food while I dressed the kids and packed up.

**Quick Side Note: We were on the very end of the “crazy freeze” that was sweeping the Nation! It is usually in the 70s where I am from in January, so we were not prepared for such COLD weather. I had to make a quick run to Academy Sports to get thermal undies for the family so that we could survive our first day at the park. It made loading and unloading the car difficult because it was so frigid! It also made dressing the kids longer because we had to layer them**

After we re-packed the car, we were off!! We had about a 2 hour drive ahead of us. Many of you have been asking me how the drive was. I can honestly say that I am shocked how easy it was. My DH and I both agree that we will not stop next time. Our idea was that we may need our rest so we should stop in order to be fresh for our arrival/park day. But, I think next time we will just drive right in and spend that night in the hotel eating and exploring the resort….maybe take a trip to DTD. Please keep in mind, though, that my kids are especially good in the car. We got lucky!

While driving along, we spotted this!

DisneyDay2Jan10MK003.jpg

Then this!

DisneyDay2Jan10MK004.jpg

And finally…..THIS!

DisneyDay2Jan10MK012.jpg

We were all screaming. I was so excited. It felt like it was a dream. I had put on a Disney C.D. and the song “If you can dream” was playing. It was an amazingl moment.

We hit a little bit of traffic around the EPCOT/Swan area. My DS (2) saw his first Disney bus of the vacation and flipped out! He was screaming “Look!! Mickey bus!!” He loves buses so one with Mickey all over it just made him so happy.

Eventually, we made our way to the Wilderness Lodge!!!

DisneyDay2Jan10MK013.jpg

DisneyDay2Jan10MK014.jpg

DisneyDay2Jan10MK015.jpg

DisneyDay2Jan10MK016.jpg

DisneyDay2Jan10MK018.jpg

Cont on next post...

Thanks for the sneak peak. ;) We are planning on driving straight through on the way down and contemplating stopping in Savannah on the way back home.

Looking forward to read your update tonight!

We took a quick pic by the entrance and then walked into the lobby. WOW!! It was absolutely breathtaking! We were all so impressed!! Even if you do not stay at the WL, you must make a trip for dinner or just to explore. We were sooo blown away. I am afraid the pictures do not do it justice!

Disney2010WildernessandAK019.jpg

Disney2010WildernessandAK011.jpg

Disney2010WildernessandAK009.jpg

DisneyDay2Jan10MK035.jpg

My DH went to check in. Our travel agent had done the online check-in service for us before our arrival. Check in was a breeze. They gave us a packet then got our phone number so that they could text us when our room was ready. The kids busied themselves in the kids area for a while.

We walked around and explored a little bit. The kids threw some coins from the bridge in the lobby. This was their favorite spot.

DisneyDay2Jan10MK031.jpg

Then, we went to the shop to buy some waters and autograph books.

When we were shopping, the lady at the check out (who my DH gets and interesting story from later in the vacation—stay tuned) asked my DD what her favorite Disney movie is. She said “Little Mermaid” because she loves Ariel. The CM then asked her “What is the name of the talking crab?” Abby answered “Sebastian.” The CM took out 20 trading pins and dumped them on the table and told her to pick whatever one she wanted. She picked a Mickey Mouse one. The CM said ‘You just had your first magical moment”. It was a great way to start the trip…and there were MANY more magical moments with CMs to come.

When we left the shop, we decided it was time to head to the MK!!! We had to bundle up…remember, it is FREZING out! But, it was also a clear, beautiful day. We had lots to look forward to---so we headed to the boat dock. This is what we saw along the way.

DisneyDay2Jan10MK025.jpg

DisneyDay2Jan10MK049.jpg

DisneyDay2Jan10MK050.jpg

DisneyDay2Jan10MK051.jpg

DisneyDay2Jan10MK056.jpg

DisneyDay2Jan10MK055.jpg

UP NEXT: Did our room get upgraded? Does the cold keep us from having fun at the MK?

Great update! I love the "behind the scenes" pictures. And wow - that's some amazing organization! I can't imagine how long it took you to pack all of that!

Thank you!!! A looonnngg time :lmao:

Hi Katie!

I'm here!! Great job so far. I can't wait to follow along on your family's trip. :thumbsup2 I'm so glad you had the time of your lives...and I'm sure many, many memories were made! I love all of the containers. It's so nice that you could drive and take as much as you wanted!

Can't wait for more!! :goodvibes

I know! It is a blessing and a curse! We took a lot with us that we could not take with flying. Thanks for reading!!:lovestruc

Another one here saying wow Katie you are one organised packer, the boxes are great and so neat :thumbsup2

Glad to hear the drive went well, that's the same length as our flight :thumbsup2

WOW!!! I could not survive flying that long :rotfl: Thanks for the compliment and for reading!

Woo-hoo! Girl, you are fast! Already started your report and it's already on page 2!!! I am usually in such a stupor after a trip it takes me a while to get my act together to actually start writing!

I love your bins and am very curious about how they worked transferring from car to room. I'm thinking of packing bins this time (less than 3 weeks away...woo-hoo) but was trying to think of the logistics of transferring and storing in the room, etc...

Love the organized car - did you take a picture of everything loaded in? I have 3 across in the backseat (unless I put my oldest in the 3rd row of the Tahoe but I think I will need that space for luggage) so the tub in between carseats won't work, so I'm trying to figure out where to put all the "travel stuff".

I'm so grateful you are posting about the packing and such - it's always something I dwell on! (Husband thinks I'm nuts!)

Looking forward to more!! popcorn::

Sara

Haha my Dh thinks I am crazy too, dont worry! We took out the third seat in our Tahoe. I wanted to take pics of the car packed, but it was 10 degrees when we left and, honestly, we were just thinking of jumping into the heated car :rotfl: I just lined up the containers along the back then the suitcases up front for easy access.

I will post later about transferring stuff into the room. The containers fell off of the dolly a couple of times, but they ended up being very helpful in the room. I told my DH that we should have gotten a packing cardboard box and transferred them in it. Just an idea :confused3

I know you didn't ask me, but mousememories.com is a great online scrapbooking store for Disney and vacation merchandise!

Awesome!!! Cant wait to check it out!:thumbsup2

popcorn:: Subscribing! Can't wait to read all about your trip :goodvibes

Emma princess: x

Yay! So happy you are in!! Still need to catch up on yours :lovestruc

Thanks for the sneak peak. ;) We are planning on driving straight through on the way down and contemplating stopping in Savannah on the way back home.

Looking forward to read your update tonight!

Your welcome! Just posted it! Check it out!!

Oh! how magical for Abby! Wilderness Lodge is beautiful...I so want to stay there in Nov/Dec but I know it is out of the question having to get two rooms when we go. Maybe next time...something to look forward to!

We drive straight through!!! always there and home...next time we think we are going to stop a night on the way home; depends on what day I plan to drive home on.

BTW: Ashton will be 4 next visit...so I believe he is a few years behind Abby and a yr ahead of Aiden.

Hi Katie! Loving the TR so far, you're making me homesick for the WL!

*Angela*

Yay! You're there! :banana:

The Wilderness Lodge is so pretty, I'd love to stay there someday.

How cool that Abby got a pin almost as soon as she arrived!

Wow, great start! It's the little things that make Disney so special, I am sure your daughter loved getting to pick a pin! Can't wait to see what happens next.:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter