It was the best of times, it was the worst of times!

OK - first off - that photo of you and Charlotte is the just most precious photo ever!

I agree - Grandmother of the year right there - I would have found ways to stay too. LOL But It's awesome that you let her decide and truly stuck to that. Her face tells it all - and she truly was happy - and the memories you created with her... Priceless!

Loved the little notebook you made for her - what a great idea! Did she use that as an autograph book then?

I miss that age so much - it's such a fun age, I loved my girls at that age, because they were old enough to "be good" LOL (not that that ever happened much - LOL) yet, they were young enough to enjoy the magic. Such a perfect age to take the Grand Kiddos to Disney. And very smart to take them all seperately... That insures you how many more trips over the years? I think I will institute that idea for myself in SEVERAL years. ;)

Mmmm... A Minnie shaped beignet... NUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do love beignets... Yup - I WILL be having those in Disney too... I may need to make a list... LOL

Hmmm... Still stumped. Is it somewhere on FQ property? Or DTD?

D~

Wow what restraint! left the park!!!

all the pictures of her. She is a BEAUTIFUL little girl!!!

PIXI DUST ON THE FIRST DAY!!!! :worship: this is gunna be good... i just know it

Umm sorry ALL picture go up... :lmao: have you seen some of the pictures i post of myself???:eek:

Just kidding. Your doing a great job on your report. Yep like everyone said.. IT'S ALL IN THE DETAILS!!! just let it flow and never worry what people 'might think' this is your story and you write it as it seems fit!

I really hope you have the picture of you two framed somewhere!!! PRECIOUS!!!

That was the quickest visit to HS ever! You do get a bonus for letting her decide what she wanted to do. She looks so happy in the room with her cute little personalized notebook. What a little doll. Obviously a good choice since she seemed to be enjoying herself.

My kids still have no idea there are playgrounds at the Disney hotels. When we stayed at the All Star Movies we had to walk past the playground to get to the pool / food court but luckily it was behind some trees so I would rush the kids past that area as quick as I could. :laughing:

Of course, this being her first trip she didn't know what she was missing in the parks. Yet! Looking forward to hearing what else Charlotte wanted to do in Disney.

I'm guessing that picture might be at at the Poly for some reason.

great googly moogly....two pages already....:lmao:

Okay, so now that I've actually read......I AM SO EXCITED!!! I think we were all worried that you would be super late to a very important date when you posted about your cancelled flight... Yay, for getting a better flight...and credit! Woohoo.

Raina, welcome! Yes, we felt very blessed to make it to Orlando for sure! Sorry I never got back to let everyone know we made it.:blush:

Too bad about having to leave the park so soon....this is my biggest fear. I have spent so long planning our trip and my 4yo will probably just want to hang out at the pool!!! But spending time together is great either way...and after all, it still is Disney, right?

btw....I think you are doing a great job with the TR. You are hilarious to me....I love it!

You know, it's funny about kids. When we took Selah almost two years ago, we started at AK and she wasn't impressed until we got to the boneyard and she could climb and go down all those tube slides they have. She had a ball. Then she was ready to meet character and ride rides. But still, every time we passed the pool she wanted to swim. Not knowing what was in store, she would have been content to just hang around the resort and go swimming. Charlotte is quieter than Selah and takes a while to process things. I think it was a matter of wanting to do something she was familiar and comfortable with. But we did have a lot of fun together and she was very happy.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Bummer on leaving the park! :(

I think you deserve Grandma of the year for that! I would have so forced my kiddos to stay, lol! But how nice you honor what you say to them!

Thanks. I'm sure you would have done the same thing under those circumstances. I was just so afraid that the whole trip would be like that. That remains to be seen.:rolleyes1

Kids are funny like that, and honestly the parks were overwhelming for me many times so I can just imagine as a child what that's like! We do our best to prep the kids for WDW by watching tons of shows, DVDs, and YouTube videos of the parks, rides and character meets. Then we study the maps and layout together and take time to discuss each attraction so that they are excited to pick out what they want to do, it helps give them some ownership and specific things to look forward to! I know you can't really do that living so far apart from one another though..

But still, that was a travel day so maybe she just needed some time! I hope so!

I do love a girl who loves to shop! So at least she found something she liked!!!

Charlotte is very familiar with Disney movies and characters etc, but not the parks at all. And even though we talked a lot about things we could do, I think you're right, the reality was probably a bit much for her. But she did get into the shopping, bless her little heart! HaHa!

OK - first off - that photo of you and Charlotte is the just most precious photo ever!

Awww, thanks! She is such a sweetie! I just can't get enough of her!

I agree - Grandmother of the year right there - I would have found ways to stay too. LOL But It's awesome that you let her decide and truly stuck to that. Her face tells it all - and she truly was happy - and the memories you created with her... Priceless!

I figured she would never trust us if we didn't live up to what we said. Kids are pretty intuitive. We did have fun anyway and just delighted in being together. And I know you would have done the same thing!

Loved the little notebook you made for her - what a great idea! Did she use that as an autograph book then?

She didn't care to get autographs. She was more into just hugs and pictures, which was fine by us. She loves to draw, so she started right in drawing pictures for us. We've got quite a collection!

I miss that age so much - it's such a fun age, I loved my girls at that age, because they were old enough to "be good" LOL (not that that ever happened much - LOL) yet, they were young enough to enjoy the magic. Such a perfect age to take the Grand Kiddos to Disney. And very smart to take them all seperately... That insures you how many more trips over the years? I think I will institute that idea for myself in SEVERAL years. ;)

We thought 5 would be a good age to be away from Mom & Dad and still have lots of fun. She was absolutely great! No arguments about bath or bedtime or anything. Of course, she was getting whatever she wanted most of the time, so what's to fuss about, right? But she didn't take unfair advantage. And yes, we will be taking a grandchild to Disney EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. until 2018!! That's all well and good, but our trips with the grands is a MUCH different trip than what Dan and I take, so that's a huge adjustment.

Mmmm... A Minnie shaped beignet... NUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do love beignets... Yup - I WILL be having those in Disney too... I may need to make a list... LOL

Yes, make a list. But take the sweet stuff slowly. You may be so used to not eating that sort of thing that you'll get sick. So be very careful. But of course you must have beignets at least once!

Hmmm... Still stumped. Is it somewhere on FQ property? Or DTD?

D~

It is not on FQ property.:rolleyes1

Wow what restraint! left the park!!!

all the pictures of her. She is a BEAUTIFUL little girl!!!

PIXI DUST ON THE FIRST DAY!!!! :worship: this is gunna be good... i just know it

Thanks, Mo! Yes, sadly left the park after about 30 minutes there. Maybe an hour if you count her shopping spree. Yes, we happily took pixie dust wherever we could find it!

Umm sorry ALL picture go up... :lmao: have you seen some of the pictures i post of myself???:eek:

Just kidding. Your doing a great job on your report. Yep like everyone said.. IT'S ALL IN THE DETAILS!!! just let it flow and never worry what people 'might think' this is your story and you write it as it seems fit!

Sorry, that picture will never see the light of day! Ever. Trust me, you would thank me. Thanks for the encouragement.:hug:

I really hope you have the picture of you two framed somewhere!!! PRECIOUS!!!

We rarely make copies of photos any more. I always intend to, but never quite get around to it. But, I hope to get some of these done.

That was the quickest visit to HS ever! You do get a bonus for letting her decide what she wanted to do. She looks so happy in the room with her cute little personalized notebook. What a little doll. Obviously a good choice since she seemed to be enjoying herself.

Thanks, Liz. Yes she was happy as a clam. It was like a big sleepover. Lots of fun for all of us!

My kids still have no idea there are playgrounds at the Disney hotels. When we stayed at the All Star Movies we had to walk past the playground to get to the pool / food court but luckily it was behind some trees so I would rush the kids past that area as quick as I could. :laughing:

Of course, this being her first trip she didn't know what she was missing in the parks. Yet! Looking forward to hearing what else Charlotte wanted to do in Disney.

HaHa. Playgrounds are magnets for kids. Wise to hustle yours past them! We can be sneaky when necessary, right? The one at FQ is right out in the open, so no avoiding it. And you are so right, although we had talked about it some, she really didn't know what was in store at the parks.

I'm guessing that picture might be at at the Poly for some reason.

Sorry, not the Poly. I'll tell where it is tomorrow when I report day two's activities.

Meanwhile, hope everyone had a good weekend and the people who got snow didn't get a ton and that everyone is managing to stay warm. I'll be back tomorrow sometime. Although I only have Monday and Tuesday to get things done before leaving on Wednesday for Jennifer's, so no telling when I'll get back on tomorrow.

I am so jealous of all of you who get to use ME - it would take us longer to fly to Orlando than to drive so I may never get to use it! I think it's such an awesome perk. Maybe someday we will move further away :)

My friend and I always joke that we spend all this money to take the kids to Disney and they want to swim and play on the playground, which they could easily do at home. We now give the girls pool and/or playground time each day either while we are taking a mid-day nap break or before bed. We've honestly pretty much stopped going back to parks after our mid-day nap break - we may go to dinner or just stay at the resort.

Your Charlotte is so cute! What an awesome birthday present for your grandkids. Time with grandparents is priceless. Can't wait to read about all of your adventures!

I am having computer problems. I just lost my latest update in its entirety!!:scared1: I don't have time to redo it right now, but will do it as soon as I can. This is so not what I need right now!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Bummer!! Well, we will be here whenever you have time to come back....I hope your travels go well tomorrow!!!

I'm caught back up. Unfortunately I'm really busy at work right now so I probably won't get here as much as I would like. But I'll stop in when I can!

I think it turned out to be good luck that your first flight was cancelled! Any time you don't have to deal with the Atlanta airport is a good one. :rotfl:

POFQ is the only Moderate I haven't stayed at! I need to do that someday.

Well, leave it to a 5 year old to think the playground at the resort is better than a park! :rotfl2: I hope you did make it to the parks on furture dates.

Oh, and just a suggestion, I write all of my installments in Word first and then just copy them to the DIS. This site is notorious for loosing posts so I found that saves a lot of frustration!

I'm here too! :wave2:

It's tough to let the little ones lead, but sometimes you get the best pixiedust:
And any time with her sounds like it would hit any grandparent's happy list.

Looking forward to more!!

I agree... I cannot tell you how many times i have lost posts.. I finally wizened up and do it in word first.
Then you don't want to re-do cuz the first one was awesome! and the second one isn't so snarky.. :snooty:

Bummer about losing your post. I see the TR experts have given some good advice on using word to create your posts. Looking forward to hearing all about day 2.

I just found you trip report and am loving it. The extra details that you include make it "your" trip report and those are the ones that I especially enjoy reading. I like reading all the trip reports but ones that are written like yours are truly unique.

Your granddaughter is adorable and very fortunate to have such wonderful grandparents. I hope your trip is filled with moments that she will happily remember for the rest of her life.

I've done a whole post and loose it too! :badpc: :badpc: :badpc:

I've started writing mine out in Word and then copy & pasting it here just in case! ;)

New to your try. We love to do Disney with our grandson's but their mom always ants to come too. O we travel 3 generations and love it. Charlotte is adorable.

Bummer!! Well, we will be here whenever you have time to come back....I hope your travels go well tomorrow!!!

Thanks Raina. My trip to Virginia was great both weather and traffic. I made it in 5 1/2 hours!

I'm caught back up. Unfortunately I'm really busy at work right now so I probably won't get here as much as I would like. But I'll stop in when I can!

Believe me, I know what you mean. You are welcome to pop in any time you find the time!

I think it turned out to be good luck that your first flight was cancelled! Any time you don't have to deal with the Atlanta airport is a good one. :rotfl:

I so agree with you on that Ariana!!:thumbsup2

POFQ is the only Moderate I haven't stayed at! I need to do that someday.

I think you would like it. I love how small it is and the boat to DTD. Plus you can stroll along the river and get to Riverside if you want to rent boats or do the horse drawn carriage.

Well, leave it to a 5 year old to think the playground at the resort is better than a park! :rotfl2: I hope you did make it to the parks on furture dates.

I really did not expect that! We weren't sure what the rest of the trip was going to be like.

Oh, and just a suggestion, I write all of my installments in Word first and then just copy them to the DIS. This site is notorious for loosing posts so I found that saves a lot of frustration!

Thank you for this. Dan told me that after I lost everything and I was so frustrated I did not take it well.:rolleyes1

I'm here too! :wave2:

Hi Ruth and welcome!:yay:

It's tough to let the little ones lead, but sometimes you get the best pixiedust:
And any time with her sounds like it would hit any grandparent's happy list.

So true. We love just being able to spend time with her. Of course it would be more cost effective to take her to a hotel somewhere and just let her play in the pool!:rotfl:

Looking forward to more!!

More coming soon, I promise! Thanks for your patience!

I agree... I cannot tell you how many times i have lost posts.. I finally wizened up and do it in word first.
Then you don't want to re-do cuz the first one was awesome! and the second one isn't so snarky.. :snooty:

I know. It always feels like what you lost was the absolute wittiest, perfect wording ever. I will use Word from now on, believe me!

Bummer about losing your post. I see the TR experts have given some good advice on using word to create your posts. Looking forward to hearing all about day 2.

Yes, it's Word for me from now on! I'll get to day 2 soon.

I just found you trip report and am loving it. The extra details that you include make it "your" trip report and those are the ones that I especially enjoy reading. I like reading all the trip reports but ones that are written like yours are truly unique.

Welcome!! So glad you joined in!:dance3: Thank you for the kind words. You're so sweet!

Your granddaughter is adorable and very fortunate to have such wonderful grandparents. I hope your trip is filled with moments that she will happily remember for the rest of her life.

Thanks so much! Yes, I think she'll remember this trip for a long time to come. I know I sure will! What age is your son?

I've done a whole post and loose it too! :badpc: :badpc: :badpc:

I've started writing mine out in Word and then copy & pasting it here just in case! ;)

Somehow it's easier when I find I have so much good company who lost posts as well. I will for sure use Word from now on!

I second that!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

New to your try. We love to do Disney with our grandson's but their mom always ants to come too. O we travel 3 generations and love it. Charlotte is adorable.

:wave2:Welcome! I would love a generational trip, but 3 of my 4 "kids" don't care that much for Disney.:scared1: Don't know where I went wrong. :rotfl: But it is very special to have them to ourselves and just pamper the heck out of them.

This is Lois's DH. Enjoying all your posts! 8O

Hi Sweetie! I can't believe you joined up! I miss you!:lovestruc

A quick update on our daughter Jennifer and then on to day 2:

I am in Virginia (from Ohio) to help out our DD, who has had a number of medical problems with her leg after giving birth in August to her fourth child. I will be here for two weeks this time unless she needs me longer. She had a procedure yesterday to forcibly straighten her leg, so she will be in a cast for two weeks and then may have to be in a brace for a while after that. She was doing well last night, but I don't know how she feels yet today. Thanks to all who have been praying for her (and me!).

Day 2

Let's just get this out of the way: The mystery photo is in DTD near the walkway toward the boat docks and Rainforest Cafe. I had never seen it before. I'm trying to notice more things, but Disney does so much detail, it's impossible to see it all. Thanks for playing along. I'll have another mystery photo at the end of my update. Why not now you ask? Well, alrighy then. I think this one is a bit easier.

Uh Oh, I hear someone up, so I need to go see if I can help. I'll be back as soon as I can. Meanwhile, thank you all for hanging in here with me!:grouphug:

Loving your TR and your DGD is absolutely adorable!!! I cannot wait to hear how she decides to spend the rest of her trip at WDW. And I hope the mousekeepers did some cute things with her plush toys...I remember our 1st on site stay (at POR), my 2 DDs had tons of plush toys (and also chose to buy more on the trip) and the mousekeepers arranged them so cutely every day...like a little scene (my DDs would be so excited to get back to the room at night to see what their toys were up to). Anyway, thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter