• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It Was the Best of Times, It Was the Worst of Times. updated 4/18. The end!

All caught up, finally!! Loving all of your amazing photos!! You really got some great shots. How wonderful that you got to do the CP and see NPH. He seems to be everyone's favorite. I really like him, too. Looking forward ot reading more !!

Susan

Thanks I do love to take pictures and challenge myself to get better. The Processional was a must for me. I got a glimpse of it several years ago and promise myself that the next trip over the holidays I would do it. NPH was an added bonus. He was amazing.

More is coming on the next post.

If this winter continues the way it's going I may actually get this report done. We got slammed with another 8+ inch storm last night.

So I left off with a journey under the sea to visit Ariel. We headed over to the gift shop so I could look around and Jim needed a potty break. I loved the china and glasses and took some pictures but this one of the decorations must have been my favorite as it is the only one I uploaded.

As we left the store I spotted a line to see Gaston. Jim knows that sometimes I act like a little kid so in line I went. Gaston isn't a favorite but when we were in EPCOT with the grandkids a year earlier Gaston was doing meet and greets. My Mikey saw him and the interaction was beyond fantastic. He spent so much time with Mikey that it was of my favorite experiences. This was for Mikey

I wanted to try LeFou's Brew so off we went to the tavern. I loved the decorations there were antlers in them

I wanted the stein but Jim decided not to this time. The man who collects souvenir cups didn't want one

To be honest I really didn't like this. There was just something off and it left an aftertaste. We relaxed here for a few minutes to give Jim's foot a break so I took pictures

I wanted to get moving so on we went. I cannot relax in Disney for very long anyway. Sort of felt like Grumpy here

Seriously finish this ride already. I am going in May and really hope it is done by then. At this point we decided to head up to Guest Relations. Jim's MB was giving us a hard time. It was blue when we entered the MK, it turned blue when we used our FP for the Under the Sea ride. I had 2 more FP+ to use and I wanted it fixed. We spent about a half hour getting it taken care and were reassured it was fixed. I certainly hoped so. Of course we were so close and there wasn't a huge wait time for stand by so I had to see

Mickey always makes thing seem better. We had passed the Move It Shake it parade so I snapped a few pictures.

I love King Louie, best character interactions ever with him. This looks like such a cute parade and so much fun for everyone. I hope it sticks around til I the the grandkids back down.

Took another picture of the decoration on Main Street

And I met the Mayor for the first time

Hoping the MB issue was taken care of we headed off to Winnie the Pooh. And we got - green. I was so happy that it seemed to be fixed. And of course a couple of pictures

I'm going to stop here and will update again later today. I am fighting a migraine and it's winning.

I still have quite a ways to go to catch up but I just have to say that your 2013 sounds horrid. I am so sorry about your aunt and the fact that you were never notified about her passing. How horrible.

As far as your trip - kudos to you for making it to Florida in one day. Did you leave on the weekend. How the heck did you make it pass DC in such great time. Welcome to NC by 10:30 am? I am seriously impressed. :thumbsup2

They have definitely taken down more than half of those south of the border signs. When we drove to hilton head last spring we noticed they were missing. They were terribly annoying. You mean you didn't feel the need to stop in and say hi to Pedro? :rotfl:

Great pictures from Universal. Love the Christmas decorations.

OK I made it to page 5.

I forgot to say - your cats are all so sweet, especially that last one with the longer fur (I love long haired cats, can't help it)

Your first day was incredibly long and busy. Wow. I would have been exhausted.

Dinner looks delish. Great view of the fireworks.

I really do hope you start to love SSR a little bit more in the daylight. I'm glad you got you ECV, even though it took an eternity to find the carriage house.

Congratulations to your cousin on the birth of his baby. I hope she is doing well.

I still have quite a ways to go to catch up but I just have to say that your 2013 sounds horrid. I am so sorry about your aunt and the fact that you were never notified about her passing. How horrible.

Thank you. It was so hard to come to terms with that but I have reached a level of peace. My mom and I went to her grave before Christmas so I was able to say good bye.

As far as your trip - kudos to you for making it to Florida in one day. Did you leave on the weekend. How the heck did you make it pass DC in such great time. Welcome to NC by 10:30 am? I am seriously impressed. :thumbsup2

We drove down on Saturday and hit no construction in Virginia either. Jim likes the one day drive.

They have definitely taken down more than half of those south of the border signs. When we drove to hilton head last spring we noticed they were missing. They were terribly annoying. You mean you didn't feel the need to stop in and say hi to Pedro? :rotfl:

I have seen Pedro, no need to see him again. :lmao:

Great pictures from Universal. Love the Christmas decorations.

Thanks

OK I made it to page 5.

I forgot to say - your cats are all so sweet, especially that last one with the longer fur (I love long haired cats, can't help it)

Thank you I love my boys. That's my Simba. He actually poses for me and is very tolerant of the other 2.

Your first day was incredibly long and busy. Wow. I would have been exhausted.

I was tired

Dinner looks delish. Great view of the fireworks.

That view is the best reason to eat there.

I really do hope you start to love SSR a little bit more in the daylight. I'm glad you got you ECV, even though it took an eternity to find the carriage house.

I laugh about it now especially when in the light of day I realized how close the Carriage House was.

Congratulations to your cousin on the birth of his baby. I hope she is doing well.

Thank you she is doing wonderfully. She will need the surgery in a few months but she has wrapped Daddy around her little finger. I am hoping to meet her soon but a cold and snow has kept me away.

I left off with a visit to Winnie the Pooh. We spent some time looking in the shop. I wanted to get something for my soon to be born grandchild. I didn't see anything I really liked so we moved on.

Passed the most depressing sight we could see

It really is a favorite.

I had one plan for the day - to see the parade. I knew it would be gone before I got back again and it gave Jim a chance to rest. I found a nice location over in Liberty Square with a great view. I have a small off topic rant. As we sat the CM's were trying to direct people off of the route to side walkways. I don't know how many people just had a rude comment or ignored them completely. I guess I just don't get the attitudes or need to be rude. Or to do exactly what you want who cares about anybody else. Sorry a pet peeve.

Anyway in no time the parade started. No comments just pics

It was a nice parade. Hopefully I'll get to see the new one in May.

I gave Jim a rest gain because I wanted to get some more pics - of the little statues around the hub in front of the castle.

I'm at the picture limit so I'll stop here. More to come as the day is only half over.

Great updates!

We have yet to stop and meet Gaston. He is on my list for our next trip.

I didn't care for the brew either...yuck!

I'm glad you got the band taken care of...but 30 minutes. :faint:

You can't beat Pooh and a parade.

Love getting pictures of those statues; and you got Mark's favorite!

Great updates!

We have yet to stop and meet Gaston. He is on my list for our next trip.

We had such a great interaction with him last year that I had to stop. The grandkids still talk about it.

I didn't care for the brew either...yuck!

I don't know what it is but it really isn't good and I love apple juice and mangos. Maybe the combination is bad but YUCK!

I'm glad you got the band taken care of...but 30 minutes. :faint:

Yeah I was not happy at all,

You can't beat Pooh and a parade.

I was really glad we got to see the parade and Pooh. I missed them both last year.

Love getting pictures of those statues; and you got Mark's favorite!

I'll probably do it again. I was working on photo composition an wasn't happy with all of them. Which I Mark's favorite?

Wonderful Pictures of The parade!

Thank you I had a really good spot to watch it.

I'm glad you took good parade photos. I am excited about the new parade. And the mine train ride. Its official opening is 4/30 but I REALLY hope they are running it during Spring Break when we are there.

Susan

I'm glad you took good parade photos. I am excited about the new parade. And the mine train ride. Its official opening is 4/30 but I REALLY hope they are running it during Spring Break when we are there.

Susan

I was glad to get the parade in and with the photos. I want to see the new parade in May but my partner in crime isn't in to the parades. I'm thinking she can ride BTMRR while I see the parade. I am going the end of May so I should be good for the Mine Train. I'm just hoping I isn't to rough. My back is really saying no more after December and my ankle doesn't like them to much either.

Dumbo, of course. :)

I suspected it was Dumbo. I do love that movie.

I left off with the parade and some statues. I still had one more FP to use so off we went. Now why I got a FP for Buzz and his Ranger Spin I don't know. I seriously NEVER EVER beat Jim.

Anyway off to Tomorrowland we went. I parked the ECV over by the TTA as Buzz is not a scooter friendly ride. I took a picture of Buzz

And then I ignored the camera. I should have just taken pics as I got an all time worst score

I don't think Jim tried very hard as he usually goes well over 200,000

Since we were there we went on Carousel of Progress. This attraction confuses me. Can you take pictures, just no flash or video, NO pictures at all? I think the announcement was NO pictures. So I was good and took this and then no camera

Honestly I just wanted to sit and relax. I have a lot of pictures from here and really didn't care.

It was getting later and we needed our MVMCP wrist bands so off we went and hoped that we wouldn't have any more problems. I think Jim was green so I was relieved and HUNGRY!!! Now I have 2 favorites in MK. I love CHH for the shrimp but Jim isn't a huge fan. I also love Pecos Bill for the toppings but he didn't really want to walk that far. What to do? I suggested Cosmic Ray's. I knew there was a toppings bar and a decent selection.

I parked the ECV at a table after looking around. I needed to get the food as I was using my Rewards Card. More points to save up. Anyway I got in a very short line placed my order. TWO cheeseburgers, 1 Coke and 1 cup of ice. I had an iced tea with me. I paid and realized she rang me up for 1 burger and a coke. There was some confusion but not a big deal. I told the CM at the register I had ordered 2 burgers. OK She rang me up for TWO more burgers. Now I have 3 burgers. I asked for a manager because this needed to get fixed. They gave me a credit for 1 burger but needed the receipt. I worked in restaurants and fast food I understood that. UNTIL I got my order. I had 2 burgers and nothing else.

Where's my coke and ice?

You didn't order them.

Um yes I did. I need my husband's coke.

I was very close to an implosion at this point. Another CM jut gave me my large coke and ice. I don't lose my cool often at Disney but I was very close to it. For one thing there was a huge language issue, the CM's did not speak English very well. The CM at the register was also new. Not a problem usually but when I am hungry and mushrooms are so close, well let's just say it ended well and I checked my credit card statement carefully.

And I present my mushrooms

Seriously under all that was a cheeseburger and it was OK but the mushrooms were out of this world.

We also had some entertainment

Anyway my stomach full and in a better mood we headed over towards the castle. On the way people were stopped staring up at the sky. For this

I have no idea what it was. Didn't seem to be a skywriter. There were no UFO's in the area that I knew of. I don't think there was a launch at Cape Canaveral. I never did hear anything about what it could have been.

I found a very good spot front row and a little to the side but I was happy I had a great spot to watch the castle lighting show.

My vantage point

The rest needs no explanation

It was really wonderful and I am happy I took the time to get a good spot to watch.

We now had Big Plans. We had somewhere to be. And when we arrived there was NO ONE there. What??? I know it's the right time. Thankfully someone happened along just then to let me know I was at the wrong place.

Up next a DIS meet and MVMCP.

Beautiful pictures of the night time castle!

CoP used to say no flash pictures. Now I'm pretty sure they say no pictures period. Not sure why that is. I guess its hard to enforce the "no flash" rule.

Your burger looks so yummy. too bad you had to struggle to get your soda.

I do horrid on Buzz too (but I think I've beat that second score a time or two; I take it that was Jim's?).

I would have been frustrated too. They need to work with these people who do NOT speak English very well and train them better. Ugh...don't get me started.

I'm glad it all worked out and that you enjoyed your mushrooms. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Nice spot for the castle lighting show. We totally missed that. :(

Oooh...a DIS meet. I wonder who that was with. :rolleyes1

I love MVMCP. I can't wait to hear more about your time. What day of the week did you go? I might be jumping ahead of your TR, but how were the crowds that night? Looking forward to hearing and seeing more :goodvibes

Beautiful pictures of the night time castle!

Thanks

CoP used to say no flash pictures. Now I'm pretty sure they say no pictures period. Not sure why that is. I guess its hard to enforce the "no flash" rule.

Honestly I don't understand the no picture rule. It's usually empty enough that I take a couple anyway

Your burger looks so yummy. too bad you had to struggle to get your soda.

The food was good but the service, not my normal experience.

I do horrid on Buzz too (but I think I've beat that second score a time or two; I take it that was Jim's?).

Yes that was Jim's. I think he stopped trying.

I would have been frustrated too. They need to work with these people who do NOT speak English very well and train them better. Ugh...don't get me started.

I'm glad it all worked out and that you enjoyed your mushrooms. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Normally I am OK but 4 people to straighten it out and then no soda? I get cranky because I don't get enough caffeine in Disney too so that doesn't help. The mushrooms were very good. :rotfl2:

Nice spot for the castle lighting show. We totally missed that. :(

I was so glad I took the time for it.

Oooh...a DIS meet. I wonder who that was with. :rolleyes1

Gee I don't know. :lmao:

I love MVMCP. I can't wait to hear more about your time. What day of the week did you go? I might be jumping ahead of your TR, but how were the crowds that night? Looking forward to hearing and seeing more :goodvibes

I'll be updating on Friday most likely. We went on a Tuesday and it was sold out. That should give you a clue.

As I left you on the last update I had eaten so I was in a much better mood and we saw the castle lighting show.

We were off to a DIS meet and somehow I go e location wrong. As I tried to figure out where to go Scott came along. I knew he was headed there also so off we went. It really was nice meeting everyone. Of course no meet happened if there isn't a picture so I handed the camera to Jim and found a spot by Tracy and Bill. Jim doesn't take pictures often so in his first attempt he cut people in half

In the second pic he still cut someone out but added the CM who had just cleaned the rest room.

We chatted a few minutes more but we all had places to go. Scott, Jim and I were off to see some Ducks. An hour later we finally saw them. Yes I spent all that money to stand in line for an hour.

Scott left us for food and to do some things he wanted to do. I headed off to the Fantasyland Expansion area for pictures at night. I had only been there in the daytime since it opened.

I really need to bring my tripod one day to get better night shots. The lines for the characters were all insane. They had at least an hour wait and some were shutting down for the fireworks. We had a choice - watch fireworks or go on a ride. We opted for a ride.

A nice candy cane decoration on the way.

What ride did I want so badly that I passed up fireworks? The Jingle Cruise!

The line earlier that day was long so we skipped it. Now there was no one there. I took my time with the Christmas pics

This one I took several pictures

I remember my great aunt having the silver tinsel tree with the rotating light back in the 1960's. What is worse is that Jim had that tree when he was child. Every year I try and convince him to get an artificial tree and every year he says NO!!!!!!! because of that tree.

The ride is the same ride. No decorations there so the camera got a rest. When we came back to civilization the line was over 30 minutes and growing. I think we made the right choice.

I took more MVMCP decoration pictures

Sadly we didn't go on POC again. I wanted to get a spot for the parade. I actually found a wonderful spot right by Pecos Bill so I parked. Scott joined us and the parade began. My only commentary is that there is an annoying man who came at the last minute, squeezed in and then got in almost ALL of my pictures. I tried not to be annoyed but I was. Anyway the parade puts me over the picture limit so continued in the next post

Continued

And here's the parade

And finally Santa Claus

My dad plays Santa every year and I guess I am biased but I think he makes a better Santa.

The parade was nice. We went in search of more characters and found the Country Bears. This was one of the better moments. They played with the water bottles in my ECV and were just fun.

My ankle was hurting and Jim was just plain tired so we decided to head out.

I got a couple of nice castle pictures

Scott became a balloon salesman

Main Street had snow

That is the only snow I ever want to see again. We have broken records here in Philly with all the snow we have had. My grandkids lost most of their Spring Break and we have more forecasted next week.

More decorations

And our day at MK ended. We headed over to the bus stop and that is the most confusing thing for me. The previous 2 nights I was told to go to the spot for ECV's/wheelchairs. Tonight the CM's said I had to get in the line. I knew this was going to be a long wait so I told Jim to head back without me. He didn't. I just thought since there was a bus getting ready to leave that was full and it was obvious I would have been able to go on the next bus they would have had me wait there.

I had to wait for a another bus because even though there was room for me by the time I got to the front of the line the bus was half full. Thankfully they had called for another bus so I didn't have that long of a wait. And even though this meant I was on the 3rd bus people were grumbling. Then of course there is the happy grumblings when they all have to get off so I can. Believe me I would walk if I could. We were all tired and I understand that.

Anyway we got back to SSR in less time than I thought it would take and I was very happy to fall into bed. I was TIRED!!!.

Final thoughts on the day.

1900 Park Fair was OK. The food was good and the characters were wonderful. The issue with the ADR being lost and the CM's attitudes left me a little upset. I would go back again however.

The Magic Bands gave us some problems. I was not happy wasting a half hour and going out of my way to head to Guest Relations to fix it. You will have to keep reading to see if it was fixed.

Cosmic Ray's food was good but again the service wasn't the greatest. I'd go back though. I love a good toppings bar.

MVMCP, I wasn't happy. I spent a lot of money and saw 2 characters, a parade and got on one ride. It was sold out so insanely crowded. I just think I would rather spend that money on a nice meal instead. Sadly I think I will be skipping it from now on.

And with that Day 4 has ended. The rest of the trip will be coming but I realized I have not uploaded any pictures. Stay tuned more will be coming.

How cool that you were part of the giant DIS meet that I remember Scott and Kathy talking about! That looks like so much fun!

I really like the Christmas overlay on the Jungle Cruise. I think its cute.

Fun parade pictures and more lovely castle pictures.

Looks like you had a great time at the party. I haven't been to that party in forever and I think I need to go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter