It Was the Best of Times, It Was the Worst of Times. updated 4/18. The end!

Crazy I know but my 4 yr old is terrified of Its A Small World and won't have anything to do with it. Starts whimpering if we even walk by it. She loves so many rides but not that one. :)

That's too cute. My grandson hates the ride. I have to force him on once a trip.

Thanks for posting. Very enjoyable read.

Thank you. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I'm so glad that you were able to get away and enjoy Disney and US!!! I also live in Philly as DH is a PFD firefighter. We drove last year and our kids were so good, plus it saved us $1500 so we will always drive from now on! Hoping to go again in January 2015. Can't wait to read more....hoping karma bites the housekeeper in the *** and soon.

I'm so glad that you were able to get away and enjoy Disney and US!!! I also live in Philly as DH is a PFD firefighter. We drove last year and our kids were so good, plus it saved us $1500 so we will always drive from now on! Hoping to go again in January 2015. Can't wait to read more....hoping karma bites the housekeeper in the *** and soon.

My first date with DH was to Engine 36. He wanted to be a firefighter just never got he call. Where in Philly are you if you don't mind the question. I'm in the NE.

We've driven the last couple of trips and I don't think he'll fly again. I hear you on the savings. That was why we drove.

I am trying to come to terms with the housekeeper and I just wish I was there when Karma comes around.

More will be coming later.

Sorry I fell a bit behind (the kids were in town for four days and I didn't get on the computer much).

I'm not a HP fan (never seen a movie and tried to read a book but just couldn't get into it), but since we no longer do Universal, I do love seeing the pictures of that area and you got some great ones. :thumbsup2 Universal did a really good job on that whole area. Mark would LOVE that Butterbeer.

Sorry I fell a bit behind (the kids were in town for four days and I didn't get on the computer much).

I'm not a HP fan (never seen a movie and tried to read a book but just couldn't get into it), but since we no longer do Universal, I do love seeing the pictures of that area and you got some great ones. :thumbsup2 Universal did a really good job on that whole area. Mark would LOVE that Butterbeer.

Totally understand that with the kids. All 3 of mine are within 5 minutes of me and the are always calling for something,

I got into Harry Potter because of my oldest grandson. He was 4 or 5 when the first movie came out and that became our thing. We always went to each movie the first week after it was released. I started reading the books to him so that he could learn to appreciate the differences between the 2 mediums. Sadly he is now 15 and I am only good for transportation to his baseball games, although he has promised to buy me a DVC membership when he makes the pros.

The area really was very nice and the Butterbeer. That was so good.

We left the wonderful world of witchcraft and wizardry and headed back in time to

OK technically the dinosaurs were brought to modern times.

Glad I wasn't in this car

A mommy and her babies. They were so cute

I don't really know what this building was but there were a lot of dinosaurs in here. Made me think of my one grandson who was obsessed with dinosaurs for a while

I loved this. I often feel the same way

Popeye

Woody Woodpecker - Jim loved him as a kid but didn't want to get a picture

And with that we had reached the front of Islands of Adventure. I was supposed to text someone at this point but I couldn't find my phone. Of course I went into panic mode. I was also starting to have a really hard time walking. I had opted for no ECV for this one day and I was paying a price for it. What to do? I gave Jim the keys to go back to the car and I found a spot to sit and rest. What seemed like an eternity later I spotted him heading back to me and with my phone in hand.

We walked slowly looking at some carts and what they were selling. We also discussed, OK truth be told we had a heated discussion over my renting an ECV. Jim wanted me to rent one, I didn't want to put the money out for half a day. I also didn't want him pushing me in a wheelchair. I won this one. And by time we finished the debate we were seeing this

We had a one day 2 park pass so we were off to the park we knew. We haven't been here in 16 years so a lot changed.

One thing I wanted to see more than anything else was

I love Lucille Ball and I have always had a special feeling towards her because we shared a birthday. I didn't take any pics inside because honestly everything is behind glass and I didn't feel like it. Of course that gives me a reason to go back. I had also sent my text and was waiting on a reply.

Now one thing about Jim - he is a flirt. I know this. I upset a friend one time when I called her his work girl friend. She now laughs about it but she was upset at the time. The reason for this little story - we saw some pretty girls. Unfortunately Betty Boop didn't turn out well but Marilyn did

I heard back on my text - yes I am keeping you all in the dark for a little bit more. Anyway the person I texted was supposed to be heading towards where we were for lunch so we hung out a bit.

You can't tell by this picture but Jim was very happy. This is his dream car

Then I saw Diego

I have 6 grandkids and I watch 3 of them. I watch a lot of Disney and Nikolodeon so I knew Diego

The flowers dancing on stilts amazed me. I have enough trouble walking in sneakers.

Very close to my dream car. I want a '57 Bel Air in baby blue but is was close

More people on stilts and I wish I had seen more of them

HOP

SpongeBob and Patrick

Like I said I watch a LOT of kids shows. At this point I got a text that the person I was chatting with was eating elsewhere. Jim an I headed in to Mel's Diner. We split a double bacon cheeseburger and upgraded to onion rings. Total cost of our meal was $13.19. We had a refillable mug that Jim had gotten earlier for around $12 so that worked well for a drink.

And I will leave off here. Did we meet our friend? Did we ever actually go on any rides? Stay tuned.

Great update and pics.

I did not see that building with the t-rex skeleton. :sad2:

I am intrigued if you met the person. :scratchin

Great update and pics.

I did not see that building with the t-rex skeleton. :sad2:

I am intrigued if you met the person. :scratchin

Thanks Scott. The building could have been easy to miss. There was a restaurant in the same building.

I don't know, did I??? :rotfl2:

Fun update! I'm so glad you told me who all those characters were because I had NO idea at all (well, except for Sponge Bob and Patrick!). Love the photo of Jim with Marilyn Monroe.

I'm wishing you and yours a VERY

Fun update! I'm so glad you told me who all those characters were because I had NO idea at all (well, except for Sponge Bob and Patrick!). Love the photo of Jim with Marilyn Monroe.

I'm wishing you and yours a VERY

Yeah I watch way too much kids TV but I refuse to watch adult programming with my grandkids so I get to know the kids shows. I am just thankful I don't have t sit through the Doodlebops any more.

Hope you and your family have a very Happy New Years.

And I am so HAPPY that 2013 is over. It ended with a bang. Jim's cousin died and the funeral was today. We had to call 911 for his sister who started having trouble breathing.

Happy New Year everyone.

I live in NE too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Small world!

Love the update Lorrie!!

I sent you a PM....We live very close to you!

Quick life update. My SIL thankfully did not have a heart attack although she was admitted to the hospital overnight. She has COPD and emphysema so she needs to have more tests run but for now she is holding her own. I was royally angry as her son, who she is staying with while in Philly, did NOT go to he hospital to see her at all. She had to get her granddaughter to come and take her home as she couldn't call my husband.

On a positive note my cousin and his wife had a baby girl. The baby has Down syndrome and will need surgery but she is holding her own. She is a real miracle baby as they never thought they would have any children. That was a great way to welcome the New Year.

Now on to the report.

When I last posted Jim and I had lunch at Mel's. It was a burger. I've had worse. I did enjoy the pickles and stole Jim's too. We left and found Dora.

She had a long line. Diego was out too and napping on the job so we woke him up for a picture.

And Boots was out. My granddaughter loved Boots so of course I needed a pic with him and some explorers

Jim had no idea who any of them were. I need to make him watch kids shows instead of football.

Up next we had to save a planet

My son loved ET as a boy. I even got him an ET collectable when he was in his early 20's and he carried it around saying "Phone home"! He is a strange man at times. Takes after his father. Anyway the wait really wasn't 15 minutes and we were off. The didn't say no pics so I took them

After we saved ET's planet we headed back towards the front of the park. I saw minions!!!! I had to ask my grandkids for help with names though. I have seen the movie but I never pay attention.

Agnes

Minions

Vector

Grue

My grandson Mikey loves this movie and was so excited watching our Mummers Parade on New Years Day. There were minions in it. Unfortunately they only did the judging area and never came down to what we call the real parade.

Anyway I heard from my friend and we were going in the right direction. Then we were side tracked. Jim had to have a picture

He loves Scooby Doo. Thankfully I don't have to sit through the cartoons any more. And we finally caught up with the friends heading into Terminator 3D. I hadn't planned on this but why not. I had never seen the movies so really had no clue what it was about. I have seen one since my return and I am still confused. I heard nothing about pics so I took one or two

My youngest granddaughter loves strange things. She thinks Killer Klowns From Outer Space is a comedy so I had to get a pic of this for her

She wants it. As we wandered on we saw Patrick and SpongeBob and Squidward. I love Squidward

I haven't introduced my friend

It was ScottNY. I met Scott here on the Dis a few years ago on my TR. I would like to think we have become very good friends. I hope so as we have spent quite a few trips at Disney, NY and Philly together.

We were now in the longest line of the day for Transformers. These I know. My Mikey LOVES Transformers. We were at the zoo a couple of years ago for Boo at the Zoo and he was Bumblebee. We kept losing him - I know Scott the boys needs a leash. :lmao: Every time we lost him he had followed another little boy who was

Optimus Prime

After Transformers, a very jerky ride but fun, Scott wanted to do something with Mummy's I believe. Vinny, Renee, Jim and I wanted to experience a tornado

That was the most exciting part of the attraction. We all looked at each other when we got out and agreed it was the worst ever. I kept waiting for something to happen when I realized it already had.

At this point we parted company. I had fun visiting with Scott and company but Jim and I were heading out soon so we wanted to see the rest of the park. I took some pics as we wandered around

I was being artsy here and got our reflections in the balls

Went to San Francisco

Went to Disaster. I liked it better years ago

Saw the animal show

This poor little boy. I felt so bad for him. They had a couple of volunteers come up as small birds and macaws flew to them. Then they asked for another volunteer. He was called up and a VULTURE flew at him. He was terrified. His dad was behind us laughing

And with that we were headed to the parking lot.

I have mixed feelings about Universal and Islands of Adventure. There were too many thrill rides and they really are not for me. I have also have an issue with having to put everything in lockers to go on rides. I missed Jaws and Twister was just LAME!!! I my go back again for the Harry Potter expansion or for the grandkids but that's about it. Jim said he feels the same way. I also wanted to see the Grinch and was really disappointed that they didn't do the Christmas shows yet.

Up next we finally reach Disney and the end of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter