It was all started by a towel...

I just talked to Don yesterday trying to sort our our November ADR's. Nice guy

I just talked to Don yesterday trying to sort our our November ADR's. Nice guy

The CM out in front of Space Mtn. said everything they have heard indicates the ride will reopen for Thanksgiving. You guys are the week before, aren't you?

I haven't really even thought about our December ADRs yet.

I am sad we don't have concierge next year. I guess if we have to change dates I will try harder to get concierge. But that will make my points all wonky.

Great trip report, Elizabeth, and terrific photos! It's so much fun to "live" your trip with you, since I really want to be there.

Thanks, Beth! :)

Kristine, you were right. Kona has declined a bit in food quality. The shrimp was more along the lines of what I would expect at a place like Denny's. :rotfl2: It wasn't bad, it was just not the same as last year. The presentation on the plate was different, and the shrimp were definitely different as far as the breading and the size of the shrimp pieces. They are smaller, and the breading is more like Sea Pak frozen shrimp than the panko breaded kind they used to serve. The description on the menu has NOT changed, which irritates me just a bit.

too bad :mad:.....our last meal there.....all 5 of our dishes were not very good. not horrible...just not good

Wow sorry to hear Kona is going down as far as food quality. Chanon & I ate there last Dec. & we both enjoyed our meals.

Kona used to be REALLY good. We went there for my birthday dinner in 2006. Now they are off the list for next year. It just wasn't that great.

We went to Epcot after dinner. We watched IllumiNations, then we rode Spaceship Earth (it was EMH). The lines for Test Track and Soarin' were 40-50 minutes so we decided not to stand in the lines for those.

This morning we were supposed to be back at Epcot, but I just woke up and DH and DS do not appear to be inclined to get up. Not sure what we will end up doing.

Well, DH has gone to put a load of laundry in and inquire about a missing package.

It turns out that they still deliver park purchases directly to your room when you stay concierge. We found that out when we went to try to pick something up the other day. Yesterday the stuff from DTD should have been delivered, but it isn't here. We managed to find the green receipt after some digging, so at least we have that for them to try to track it.

I'm sorry to hear that Kona was a disappointment. We loved it in 2006.

I hope you find your package and have a terrific day!

I'm glad to hear about Kona.. The list of places I want to eat at in Dec. is long and since you and a few other said it wasnt that good ill take it off the list... I really hope Ohana's hasnt changed i ate there last August for the first time and absolutely loved it.

I hope you find your package

Elizabeth,

If you got a strange partial text it was me, I was in the middle of typing it when I got distraced and hit send,

It was supoosed to say,

So the Disney curse continues, Richie and I both had to work this morning and the plan was to leave early and drive to Tallahassee tonight and get up early so that we would be at Disney between 9 and 10.

Things went great at work, but on the way home, the service engine soon came on on my car, the car that we bought new less than two months ago. I stopped for gas and topped it off and made sure I put the cap on tight, the light stayed on, so instead of coming home I headed straight to the dealership. They handled it well and took it in right away, the computer said it was an evap leak that was most likely the gas cap so they reset it and told me not to worry about taking it on the trip. Well in my anxiety about the light I really didn't top off the tank so I stopped back to do that. I go to get in the car, and I've locked the keys in it and I'm now stuck at the gas station, :headache:, luckily my daughter was home and her and her boyfriend came to rescue me.

What a day! Not to mention the fact that the weather is getting rough . . . .

We have every intention of leaving in a couple of hours, so wish us well. I have a feeling Richie may insist that we take the truck, but if he does he's stuck with all the driving, I'm just not comfortable driving the monster.

See ya soon!

Kona was my absolute favorite restaurant from our last few trips, so of course we had to go at our last trip in December 2008. It was horrible. I ordered the pork chop and it came out raw, and when I say raw, I mean raw, it was still frozen in the center with just a little char on the outside. I spoke to the waitress and she said it was supposed to be pink in the middle, and I responded "maybe so but it shouldn't be icy", so they took it back threw it on the grill for a minute and brought it back, pretty much the same way. So needless to say my meal that night consisted of bread and dessert and we will not go back there again for a while. So sad:headache:

Hope you find the package!

They found it. The concierge desk phoned the room very shortly after DH spoke to them, and they had the bag for us. :)

Kona was my absolute favorite restaurant from our last few trips, so of course we had to go at our last trip in December 2008. It was horrible. I ordered the pork chop and it came out raw, and when I say raw, I mean raw, it was still frozen in the center with just a little char on the outside. I spoke to the waitress and she said it was supposed to be pink in the middle, and I responded "maybe so but it shouldn't be icy", so they took it back threw it on the grill for a minute and brought it back, pretty much the same way. So needless to say my meal that night consisted of bread and dessert and we will not go back there again for a while. So sad:headache:

ICK! :scared1: Our food was edible, it just wasn't outstanding. I was disappointed though, because it used to be so much better.

Debbie, :hug: I hope things improved once you guys got on the road! I did get your text, but Richie's phone # is the one I have in my cell so I didn't know who it was from! :rotfl2: I told DH "It's from someone who is cursed!" :lmao:

We dragged into Epcot about 10:50 AM. We got FPs for Test Track (return time 1:05 PM), then we rode Universe of Energy. This is the first time I have EVER managed to stay awake for the entire show.

From there we went to World Showcase. We did the Kim Possible adventure thing in Norway - it was fun! We rode Maelstrom, had a snack, and saw the movie in China. I was going to get a henna tattoo but there is always a line.

It rained on us a bit in the UK, but it stopped after a few minutes. We have been lucky with the rain this year.

DS was ready to call it a day, so we headed back to Future World. I did not stop for a Grey Goose slushie. I also did not stop for one of those Oreo Blizzard things in Canada. I have shown AMAZING restraint today! ;)

We decided to see how long the Visa Meet & Greet line was. Just 2 families, so we got some pics taken. We rode Spaceship Earth and then picked up our free photos! Since DH and I both have our own Disney Visa account we were able to get 2 free pics!

We have had decent luck with the buses this trip, too. They have had a monitor at the bus stops here at the Lodge every day, so we have never had to wait more than a few minutes.

Now we are back for a short break before we go to dinner. Back to Yachtsman tonight.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROB!!! :banana: I hope you guys have a fabulous dinner!!

Not sure where we are going after dinner. Toss up between Epcot and MGM.

Hey E-beth!

Still here following along!

Love the balloon trip pics! We def want to do that!

Still lovin' it!

Hope yall are having fun!

Soulmates posted a pic of you all....cute! Im ready to have my 1st dis-meet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter