It took 24 hours for DH to do a complete u-turn!!

Sue & Co.

<font color=009933>Born to be tagged...<br><font c
For some time DH has been saying that when the hamster (a surprise 'gift' from HIS MOTHER two years ago) died that was it no more pets. For the last week/10 days Flossie has been unwell and yesterday morning sadly passed away. She is now buried at the end of the garden with a suitably shaped rock as a headstone. Well immediately the children started asking for another hamster despite what they had been told. It took just 24 hours of them begging, pleading, wheedling and drawing pictures of cute little animals and asking for another hamster for him to give in and agree. Unfortunately the old cage was too chewed so this afternoon I have had to take two of the little angels into town to purchase a new cage etc. which has cost approximately five times as much as the actual hamster will LOL. Tommorrrow if DH can get home from work in time we are going to buy the new little furry thing. :D

:D Awww. How lovely.

One of DD's guinea pigs sadly passed away New Years Eve, and I'm afraid I did put my foot down and said no more. She'd already lost one and it broke her heart both times. We have three cats, two of whom are now 14, and I'm dreading anything happening to any of them:rolleyes: One of the cats keeps the surviving piggy pog amused;)

This sounds familiar. We inherited our first hamster from my son's school about six years ago. We had him over school holidays and when he became ill I offered to look after him, we ended up having several months with him before he passed away. I was so smitten that we had to get another. Since then we have had eight more hamsters. Early this year I had to face three dying in a short time which was very traumatic and I vowed not to have any more but guess what, the local animal shelter needed to rehome several recently and now I'm the proud owner of three more. There's somthing about those furry little fellas that I just can't resist.
Have you got him yet?

Had to LOL....been there done that.....I think so far in about 10 years there have been 4 hamsters...ooooops 5, longest lived made it to 4 years...weird creature, kept looking like he wasnt gonna make it, then rallied, even grew his fur back. Then 4 years ago DD (then 12) decided she liked rats better.....so now owners of second pair of rats...
and I hate the crying when they lose one..and swear blind no more...but somehow I get conned.
Oh yes....and have several cages in the loft too..cos there is always the one that the animal really really needs....

guess I'm a sucker:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter