• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It seems the free dining dates may have changed a bit...or not...?

Luv2Scrap

<font color=green>The only way is if you have the
I was all set to book for a 2/18 arrival, but now the Disney site is showing arrivals must be by 2/17. Everywhere I've looked, I've seen 2/18 as an approved arrival date, including their own site. :confused3

However, when I enter 2/18 as my arrival date, it seems that it will let me book it. I'm so confused! And of course it's too late to call and ask anyone... Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes, I definitely have. I have been wondering this since yesterday. I am glad you posted because I thought that I was crazy!

Originally, one of the October FD periods rans through 10/07. Yesterday, I noticed that the end date had been changed to 10/08. I also noticed that the same thing had happened in Nov. 11/5 had been changed to 11/4. :confused3

They changed the end date in December to from the 17th to the 16th. Doesn't affect us, but I think it's odd.

Someone posted that Disney is doing their discounts right now based on an occupancy percentage. So if occupancy drops below a certain level, room types and dates are added. If occupancy fills up above that level, the dates and/or room types disappear. So it appears to be more important than ever to book what you want when you first see it available, instead of waiting, because it may not be there when you go back.

Someone posted that Disney is doing their discounts right now based on an occupancy percentage. So if occupancy drops below a certain level, room types and dates are added. If occupancy fills up above that level, the dates and/or room types disappear. So it appears to be more important than ever to book what you want when you first see it available, instead of waiting, because it may not be there when you go back.

I absolutely agree! This doesn't affect me. I just thought that it was strange. I have heard of resorts booking up for FD, but I have never seem the blackout dates change on Disney's website once the offer has been released. Maybe it is just a fluke...

So if my date disappears, do I still get free dining? I already booked as free dining so hope so

Hi all!
I can help answer some of the free dining questions! Disney uses occupancy levels to determine dates that the offer is available, however they also have what I call 'promoted dates'. When the offer was initially released, there were a lot of Saturday end dates (November 5, December 17, February 18, etc.) that were listed, but they have removed those dates from the description of the offer. HOWEVER, you should still try those dates when you go to book, it may still be an option to arrive on a Saturday. If you get the free dining offer, book it, once your deposit is placed it is confirmed. They are not promoting the Saturday arrival dates, but rooms may still be available for free dining for those arrival dates.

Disney will not remove free dining from an offer once you have your deposit placed. But those dates can be very confusing and they will change quickly as occupancy goes up. If you have any doubts, contact a trusted travel professional! A good one with years of experience will know all these ins and outs better than some of the newer Disney Cast Members! And they WON'T charge you anything to use their services!

I thought I was crazy when I thought the FD offer included 11/19, the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I was playing yesterday and saw that it had moved to the Friday. I pulled up a package that started on the 19th and it was available to book. What is a person to believe?

They changed the end date in December to from the 17th to the 16th. Doesn't affect us, but I think it's odd.

Oh wow! I never even looked at the date changes once I booked my FD. Good thing I got my trip booked and ready to go! Come on December 16th!! :cool1::yay::banana::dance3:

Thanks for the replies! Glad I'm not losing my mind! Well, since it seems to be letting me, I think I will book it online and talk to someone at Disney tomorrow. Crossing my fingers! :goodvibes

Seems they realized they made a major mistake by running the offer to a Saturday. Thereby creating confusion, people trying to move reservations by one day, letting the promotion run through peak periods.
They are still honoring the original dates, but no longer promoting those dates.

Update: I finally got a live person to talk to and she confirmed that I could indeed arrive the 18th. I chose to go with January instead, and was able to book arrival for the 14th, even though the website cuts it off on the 13th. :woohoo:

Oh wow! I never even looked at the date changes once I booked my FD. Good thing I got my trip booked and ready to go! Come on December 16th!! :cool1::yay::banana::dance3:

WOW! I never looked again after I booked either. We're booked to check in on 12/17! If we hadn't gotten the 17th, our FD would be screwed. We're already taking an extra 4 days off work to take advantage of FD. Another day would have been a deal breaker!

So I think this is the very first time I have read about disney doing this type of wiggling with the dates. Is it due to them making a mistake or trying to limit the discount in itself. Very interesting.

Glad this thread is here! I booked the first day the October 2011 Free Dining was announced with an arrival of 10/8 and today when I went to look up some info on Free Dining I saw that 10/8 wasn't one of the dates. It kind of scared me but I checked my confirmation email and it states arrival on 10/8 w Free Dine so all is well.

Now I'm wondering if we decide to change resorts if they will honor the original deal or are we locked in and have to keep things the same to keep it?!

I think it is based on room availability for the FD promo at each resort. We were booked room only at one resort room only. Tried to upgrade to FD & found no availability. Tried a different resort and had a choice of rooms with FD. I think you have to just call and check. Don't cancel your first res until you get the second though.

I noticed this as well. It did not list my check in date as part of the free dining promotion, but I knew it was there before. I went ahead and plugged it anyway and it took it. Yay! I was especially excited because the resort I wanted had availability when previously it had not. We are going to stay at Port Orleans French Quarter. We stayed there before and loved it. I'm really excited to see the refurbished rooms.

We booked for arrival Saturday 12/3, and now it shows 12/2. We have a confirmation with arrival 12/3 and "Free Dine" stated, but it had me worried. Then, when doing a "test" booking on the Disney site for arrival Saturday 12/3 (through the "Check Availability" link on the Specials page), it still offers it, despite currently being advertised as not available. Strange...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter