• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It may be our only chance ever and DD is too young for BBB - now what should we do?

MG3G

Mouseketeer
When reading up on B.B.Boutique tonight to get an idea of the hairstyles I realized that one of our two little girls is going to be too young to go. :(

I'm glad I realized it now and not closer to our trip but I am devastated. This trip is my "wish trip" since I have a very serious illness and I don't know if we will ever - like ever, ever - have a chance to go again. I have three older sons and when we found out we were having little girls it was one of the first things I ever thought of doing with them. Silly to get this upset about it but I'm crying - lol.

ANYWAY - I had planned to do the middle package with them .... what else can we do to have something magical but not silly expensive? It's for my birthday so I was going to take the little girls and our youngest son to get all fancy...

I'm so sorry. Try not to get too upset. You are still going to have a super magical time, I promise. What if you buy them both beautiful Disney princess dresses and do their hair yourself and have lunch at Ariels grotto. I know it's not the same at all, but you can buy some hair glitter and a pretty crown and it will be just as beautiful, and even more special because mommy did it for me. Don't let that make you sad about your trip, it is still going to be just totally awesome!!!! To be honest, my dd is 7 and she has never been to BBB and Disneyland is still an amazing, beautiful, wonderful, family memory making place. Please try not to let this be your downfall of your trip. Plan happily and have a great time!!

I agree with Kailua girl..... You can be the fairy God Mother!! Doll your girls all up with stuff you bring, glitter, tiaras, pretty dresses (and don't forget a tiara for you to!!) and go for a special lunch. My girls have never been to the BBB either on any of our trips. The magic and memories will still happen without going......pixiedust:

Have the most magical time!

They can have their faces in DTD. They do not ask for age of the child. You can also try the face painting by Tinkerbell ' s meet and greet.

I hope you enjoy your trip..the girls won't even know what they are missing.

When reading up on B.B.Boutique tonight to get an idea of the hairstyles I realized that one of our two little girls is going to be too young to go. :(

I'm glad I realized it now and not closer to our trip but I am devastated. This trip is my "wish trip" since I have a very serious illness and I don't know if we will ever - like ever, ever - have a chance to go again. I have three older sons and when we found out we were having little girls it was one of the first things I ever thought of doing with them. Silly to get this upset about it but I'm crying - lol.

ANYWAY - I had planned to do the middle package with them .... what else can we do to have something magical but not silly expensive? It's for my birthday so I was going to take the little girls and our youngest son to get all fancy...

What is the age of your youngest?

We haven't taken the time to stop in at BBB when we have had our trips. And as others said, we still had a great time.

I like the tip to DIY with the works and then go to Ariel's Grotto for lunch with all the princesses.

The kids will have a fun time just being at Disneyland.

Geemo

DS17 (when he was 5) wore a Captain Hook outfit everywhere. Even by the pool. A costume can go a long way... Even without one the trip is super fun...

I'm so sorry!!! But I will echo what others have said and tell you that kids absolutely love getting "fancied up" in the hotel, too. They didn't have BBB when my now-14-year-old was little but I took hair and body glitter, tiara, princess dress etc and then went to Ariel's for the character meal. She was in heaven!! She loved walking around all dressed up, but we did bring extra clothes in a little backpack and she changed later. It isn't really about the salon experience for the little ones, plus clothing, hair gel and glitter can go a long way :)

I went to disneyland quite a bit as a child and BBB didn't exist yet. I always had a magical time. I agree with the other ladies. Get them dressed up. Pack some glitter and tiaras and take them to Ariel's grotto. It will be so much fun for all of you. And they will have amazing memories.

To the OP: Hang in there. There's lots of magic to be had. I agree with pp's - have a character meal somewhere special.

Regarding BBB and dressing up, it all depends on the kid. My girls would despise being that done up for a whole day in the parks. They crave comfort. We've seen little girls who came out of BBB, and my 6 and 4 yo have zero interest. But I'm sure for some, it makes them feel like a princess in a magical kingdom.

We decided to just do it in the hotel room... we brought a glittery belle dress that my daughter got for her birthday, a tiara, glitter hairspray, and I did her nails and hair on the day we went to Ariel's grotto. She loved it, was super excited, and it was still a special day, even without spending the money at BBB.

If you want to stretch the in-room experience, take them to the crystal shop on Main Street the day before. They sell real Tiaras that will last a lot longer than plastic ones and they are way prettier. I think they are around $30 or so. Let them each pick one out for dress up day (and maybe one for you). It will be a fun memory with a souvenir that they can keep forever from Mom's wish trip.

Also, I would recommend making a morning of it before lunch at Ariel's. I know it is hard to give up morning touring, but it will be so much less stressful and fun if you're not rushing. And make sure you have DH take tons of pictures.

I know it's hard when you want to do something, especially if it may be your only chance, but honestly it's quite the production and if they are under 3 it could be quite hard for them to sit for that long and tolerate the process. It would probably be more enjoyable for everyone if you did a small make over in room, or they will do pixie dust on her during your older child's appointment too if you ask. Bring or buy a tiara and dress and she can still feel super special.

Just as an FYI, if you google it you can find all kinds of beautiful tiaras for quite a lot less money than the ones they sell in the park, although it would be a lot of fun to shop for one at Disneyland. Last time I was in the Crystal Shoppe, though (September), I was amazed at how expensive they were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter