It just wouldn't be a WDW vacation if we didn't do__________

Flights of Wonder. My husband getting a pretzel. Walking around World Showcase at the end of everyday.

I had some that I always did when I was a child... but now that I have my own children we are still determining what that is!

They have been twice (3 times after November) and so far it's:

-riding Pirates of the Caribbean first!
-spending our last night in full relaxation at our hotel pool and walking around exploring
-Casey's Corner for hot dogs!

Haunted Mansion. It's a must.
...my wife and I have also become oddly addicted to the chocolate dipped, mickey shaped rice crispy treats.

Trail's End Dinner at Fort Wilderness, then down to the beach for the Electrical Water Pageant at 9:45 and Wishes at 10.

Was peanut brittle from Main Street Confectionary. Last time it was a little chewy and we're eating healthier, so we don't get it any more :(

It's a Small World. I just go, "Yep, I'm here!"

It was closed for refurb the last time we went. We were so bummed out!

Spending way too much money/all my snack credits getting adorable and delicious treats at Goofy's Candy Co. at DTD!

It's strange, it used to be something I didn't even think about until I got to Disney. But once I got there, I would always get irrationally excited about our DTD day when I could hit up Goofy's! It wasn't until my last trip that I realized it had sort of become my own little tradition to stock up on the cutest treats I could find there (the Mickey and Minnie chocolate apples, the now retired slushy drinks with mix and match disney character accessories for the cups, etc). So now I know that I'll always have to make time for Goofy's, lest I end my vacation feeling like I missed something...

. . . . the Voices of Liberty

I can skip the rides, I can even, every once in a great while, skip dinner at Boma. But I can't fathom a trip to WDW in which I skip a visit to the Voices.

Riding the ferryboat to MK, seeing Mickey's Philarmagic and Carousal Of Progress, riding Winnie The Pooh, getting a Mickey ice cream bar! Riding The Great Movie Ride, cheesy as it may be. And of course, Spaceship Earth.

HDDR on first night. Have to do this. Love that silly show.

Also, these lesser attractions that are dear to my heart:
COP, People Mover, Disney RR, Spaceship Earth, HM, POTC, BTMRR, Soarin'

Also, love going through all the shops on Main Street!

It wouldn't be a Disney vacation if we didn't OVEREAT!

We tell ourselves we won't do it every year - no bread before dinner, no appetizers -- when we get a meal for lunch we'll save the dessert for another time!

We ALWAYS say it.. but then before you know it, we've scarfed down 2 Dole Whips in one day and we're being rolled out of Chef Mickey's after "overdoing it" at the buffet.

Oh well. That's why I diet before each trip. I take off 5 pounds so I could put on 5 pounds... and the greatest argument of all - we walk it off!

Loving this thread. I have only been to WDW once when I was 12 so I don't have a "tradition" yet. I can't wait to figure ours out and post after our trip!

It wouldn't be a Disney vacation if we didn't go home TIRED!!!

I tell all my family... If you go home from disney well rested then you didn't do your disney vacation right!!! How can you sleep in at Disney? :)

Ride IASW as soon as we get to MK. Also it isn't a trip if we do not check in then hop the bus to Epcot to hop on the monorail and do a monorail resort tour then Chef Mickeys for our first night meal.

Sit on the big, comfy couch for our first picture at BWV ( see pic in signature). . . Pin Trading . . . Finding a new Hidden Mickey . . . Eating a Mickey Bar . . . absolutely love COP!! For my husband it is eating a Turkey Leg in Frontier Land and The Hall of Presidents! Who needs FP+?

Ride The Ferry boat first and the carousel LAST.
It's the first thing I ever did with my family when I was eight and I still do it EVERY TIME I go to the Magic Kingdom yes I actually bus to MK, get on Ferryboat and ride ACROSS the lagoon to turn around and ride back....

Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Spaceship Earth, eating a Mickey premium bar, drinking a chocolate shake from Beaches & Cream.

Ride the train all the way around the MK when we first arrive at WDW, even if we don't stay at that park! And we have to see Illuminations at least once.

Stop at 5 guys in Ocala OTW, ride RNR first and eat Mickey ice cream bars!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter