It is OFFICIAL - Disney Magic going to the MED

ga9497

DIS Veteran
from mousesavers.com

Special itineraries have been announced for the Disney Magic between 5/12/07 and 9/1/07!

As I have been predicting, the President of Disney Cruise Line, Tom McAlpin, announced that they will be sailing to the Mediterranean for the first time in Summer 2007:

5/12/07-5/26/07- Repositioning cruise from Port Canaveral to Europe
5/26/07-8/18/07 - Alternating 10-night and 11-night cruises to Rome, Naples, Florence, French Riviera
8/18/07-9/1/07 - Repositioning cruise from Europe to Port Canaveral

A very special "Thank You" to Sue Pisaturo of Small World Vacations, who attended Disney Cruise Line's press event on March 21 and reported on it LIVE to bring us the information as early as possible!

If you want to book one of the special itinerary Summer 2007 cruises on the Disney Magic, here is how the process will work:

Beginning March 28, Disney Cruise Line will begin processing the waitlist requests that have already been taken, in the order they were received. The waitlist has been closed for several weeks. Guests (or their travel agents) will be contacted as each request is processed to let them know they have cleared the waitlist, at which time their cruise will be reserved and a confirmation issued. This will continue through April 3.

If you are not already on Disney's waitlist, Disney will open the remaining staterooms to the public on April 4, after existing waiting list requests have been filled. Disney has stated that there will be some availablility left in stateroom categories 4-12 when they open bookings.

Get ready for more smokers as well as topless sunbathers as many Europeans at least in the regions around the Med both smoke more and lounge in the sun au naturel or topless.

Flagger said:
Get ready for more smokers as well as topless sunbathers as many Europeans at least in the regions around the Med both smoke more and lounge in the sun au naturel or topless.
Doesn't mean DCL will allow topless sunbathing on the ship ... on the beaches in port however is a whole different ball of wax.

Doesn't mean there will not be topless sunbathing aboard either. Europeans are not as uptight about nudity as Americans. I know for a fact that the smoking will increase on board. I have seen the complaints on other lines when lots of Europeans are on board even on Carib voyages.

Any ideas on which dates will be busier? This will be my first med. cruise (YEA!!!!) :cool1: and am thinking about the 10 day June 6th. I would assume August would be the busiest month due to it being vacation month for Europeans. If I can get the less traveled dates, maybe it would be on the cheaper side of the price range.

Any thoughts from experienced Med. cruisers?????

Cheapest inside cabin, on the cheap cruise, the repo.

$2000 per person not including port charges and taxes.

Airfare, $1480 per person not including gate fees and taxes.

Family of 4, $13,920.......exactly double what our category 6 Eastern New Years Eve 2003/2004 cost.
Bet this doesn't sell out in a flash like the west coast cruises did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter