It Can't Get Any Better

TinkKel

Mouseketeer
God bless my wonderful un-spoiled two DSs. We are going on our first family vacation EVER since my divorce 7 years ago, and they've never been to Disney World/US/IOA. I had originally booked our whole trip at the military Shades of Green at Disney World and planned to commute to US/IOA for 3 days....that is, of course, until I came to this board (thanks guys)

Anyway, I've kept the part of going to the HRH as a surprise for my boys, but of course, I have to tell them that there IS surprise! LOL I just have to taunt them.

My oldest DS (he's 14) said...."But Mom, I just can't imagine it getting any better!"

I cannot wait for them to see where we are staying. My oldest is a big R & R fan, and they are going to be over the top when they see they can bypass the big lines. WOO HOO!!

Oh, I meant to ask...does HRC have memoribilia (I know I spelled that wrong!) on newer bands too, or just the classic bands?

Thanks guys!

TinkKel,
Not sure if you get the Travel Channel but there is a special on HRH on Fri. 5/14 at 2pm ET. I watched it last week and it was really cool. I know they referenced a special "orlando band" theme and mentioned Creed and some other bands who come from the orlando area. they also mentioned britney spears so it appears that at least to some extent they have stuff from newer bands.:wave2:

Oh thanks so much for the info about the Travel Channel! I'll definitely record it to watch over the weekend. Haha, I'll have the boys watch with me and sit back and say "Wow, wouldn't it be cool to stay THERE, too bad we already have reservations somewhere else!" LOL

I'm glad they have stuff on the newer bands too, though my son loves some of the older ones, specifically Metallica.

AARRGGHHH, I can't wait!!!!!!!!! :crazy:

Sounds Great!

We are staying at HRH for three nights before the GF for 6 nights starting July 2nd! Got to love the FOTL Access.

Have a great time!::yes::

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Hard Rock are having a sale online on certain merchandise they have lots of memoribila of all bands every decade pretty impressive:jester:

TinkKel,
What a great thing you are doing. When your sons find out,
you will remember the look on their faces forever.
We surprised my DD with a stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge
a few years ago and I still remember "The Look" on her face.

TinkKel,

You are good! I have never in my life been able to surprise anyone about anything!!! I even have a hard time shopping early at the holidays cuz I end up hinting to everyone what they got!!!Your boys will just love this!!!! Have a great trip!!!!

:wave2:

I love surprising my kids! What a great surprise you're planning for yours TinkKel.:D Just be careful about dropping hints while you watch the HRH special. If yours are anything like mine (sharp as whips!) they may just put 2 & 2 together & ruin your surprise. Keeping a secret in my house takes skills that would rival any veteran CIA agent! I've learned from experience that I'm better off saying nothing....I'm still trying to master that skill! :hyper2:

Please stop back after your trip and post a trip report for all of us here to enjoy!:D

Thanks for your replies! I know you're probably right, GeminiMom, I'm like that too....the kids will probably get suspicious. Maybe it would be best if I watched it by myself :tongue: LOL

I am just beside myself with excitement about EVERYTHING!!! The whole trip, Disney, IOA, US....I can't even concentrate at work, all I think about is the upcoming vacation! ::yes::

I'm afraid I'm gonna be depressed when we get back home :(

Just wanted to say how excited I am for you and your boys, TinkKel!!!

My DS and I stayed at RPR when it first opened in 2002 (when he was 12) and we pool-hopped one day to HRH - he loved it . . .
so when I planned my birthday trip in Jan for the whole family, I made it for HRH. DS (now 15) is a musician and his dream is to be a music producer and I can't even tell you how much he loved the place - the staff there was really 'cool', but still very attentive and fun - he loved walking around checking out all the memorabilia, hanging at the pool - he loved everything about the place!!! Since he hasn't had a real birthday party since he was about 10, I'm trying to talk DH into a surprise trip back to HRH for DS's 16th birthday with a couple of his buds!

Can't wait to hear how much your boys loved the trip - I'm sure it will be something they will always remember that you did for them (I wouldn't be able to resist watching the show with them!):smooth:

Originally posted by TinkKel
I am just beside myself with excitement about EVERYTHING!!! The whole trip, Disney, IOA, US....I can't even concentrate at work, all I think about is the upcoming vacation! ::yes::

I'm afraid I'm gonna be depressed when we get back home :(

ITA TinkKel:tongue: DH & I are considering a return trip Columbus Day or Veteran's Day weekend & we haven't even been there for our first trip yet! The weekend trip will be a complete surprise to the kids, we have airline credit to use & figured.....why not! I can't wait to put them in the car, drive to the airport & see the looks on their faces when they see "Orlando" posted at the gate. :hyper:

Your trip is sooo close, don't stress about anything & enjoy your vacation with your sons.:sunny:

Thanks so much for sharing the excitement!!

I looked up the travel channel last night, and it showed that they were featuring a Las Vegas hotel today in the time slot that I thought was going to be the HRH? Oh Pooh!! I'm always doing searches on the DishNetwork, but so far, no luck. Oh well, now it will be a surprise for me too!! :teeth:

We're doing just the opposite. They kids know we're going to US/IOA HRH but don't know that we're going to Disney POR after. We told them we couldn't go back to Disney until next year (which we really were planning to do) but we just couldn't be that close and not do Disney. My kids are younger, 6, 5 and 3 so they're easier to fool. I'm the one that's busting trying to keep the secret. Have a wonderful time and please post when you get back on HRH. THis is our first US/IOA trip and would appreciate any tips or suggestions!

How exciting! I love this. I want to try it sometime with my little one. But I have to hand it to you, I don't think I could keep a secret like that with all the excitement. I hope both your trips are magical!

Have fun!

Tinkkel,

I am a single parent and also holding a secret from my DS(9). We are going to RPR june 25-29 and he has no idea.:hyper:

You see my son has a learning disability with behaviorial issues. Anyway, hes in a special school now and is doing so well, no fighting and his grades are soooo! good. :)

A couple of weeks ago, I called RPR and now we have ressies! He is walking around the house bummed because i told him we cant go to US/IOA until next April( Easter Break) LMAO!

I can't wait to wake him up on the 25th with the news. Its getting very hard to keep the secret !:cloud9:

Tamika

That's wonderful Tamika, I'm so glad that your son is doing so great, you must be very proud! Let me tell you, it's tough being a single mom, and having a challenging child makes it tougher (my oldest is ADHD and Bipolar) I wish you and everyone else on this site and safe and wonderful trip!! :Pinkbounc

HI!

I'm a single mom also to two boys. We haven't been to Disney in 3 years so we are looking forward to our trip this October. Your boys will LOVE the HRH....its a vacation in itself! Both of my boys said that Disney could learn some lessons from the USF hotels...lol

have a super time and the best of luck to you,
Esmerelda :teeth:

SINGLE MOMS UNITE!!

Too bad we can't all meet up, and we could do a sanity-seeking-girls-night at City Walk in style (without the kiddos!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter