It All Started With (An Eloborate Plot to See) A Mouse: A Feb 2014 PTR! (UD: 03/02!)

Imbri

Mouseketeer
Yup, starting this at 2am. I'm a Night Owl, what can I say?

I joined DisBoards with the intention to read (and eventually write) the Trip Reports! And then I realized there were PRE trip reports too (ohboyohboy!), so I decided to go ahead and start one of my own! :woohoo:

The basics of this trip are: for me to run the Princess Half Marathon (more on that later, as it is "The Plot"), and my Cast and I will be staying at the Pop Century! Dates are Feb 20th to 25th (so much to do, so little time!).

Our last trip was just myself and my (newly) husband, for our Honeymoon (Sept. 2010)!

34389_868651837808_8282556_n.jpg

Haha, gonna have to read more to see our faces, dundundun! :rotfl:

I think for now I'll leave it at that. "The Plot", my Cast, and about Me(!) to come later. :cutie:

Yay! First update!

Because of the Stay, Play and Dine deal offered right now, we get to extend our trip by a day!

So new dates are Feb 20th to the 26th!

Although I haven't properly introduced myself, The Plot involves (surprise!) me, so there will be a small bit of back story about me and how it lead to a journey that I've very much needed to take for a long time.

I just turned 29 this year, and I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember, although looking back on it, a lot of it was all in my head. My parents didn't exactly mean to, but caused a lot of it. I held a lot of resentment, but have moved on and realized that they were concerned about my well being, not about my appearance. They never called my ugly, they never even said I'd be better looking if I lost weight, just that I had extra weight. My mom was 5'4'' and all of 110lbs. She also didn't have a good grasp of healthy weights and that heavier did not equal unhealthy. From the ages of 13 to 17, I weighed in the range of 150lbs (and am 5'6''), which is a perfectly acceptable weight for that height, and led a very active life (Softball, cheer-leading and track. None of which I excelled at, but I still gave it my best). My dad (although I have only just now come to realize this) struggles with his weight. His siblings are all more heavy set than he is, and I now see this is not because he got the "good" genes, but rather, he works very hard to fight them, and so I think (as I take after him more than my mom), he was concerned about what could happen if I didn't develop a routine. Being a teenager, and combined with my mom's harping, I didn't take kindly to it.

After leaving High School, I went 1.5 hours away to college. There, I had a very active roommate, and I went with her on her workouts (she was a runner!), and lost 20lbs without trying. Take that, Freshman 15!
Unfortunately, the second I moved out and in with friends the next year, I gained it, and reinforcements, back. College went on, I gained weight each year, but I remained under 200lbs and was unconcerned.

I got a job right out of college, but it only lasted 6 months. It was a contract position, and although they told me it would go up to 2 years, it did not (they lied. It seems they don't keep anyone past 6 months). My boyfriend (now husband) helped me with bills, but I still ended up going into debt over the 1 year period of unemployment (minus 2 months of temp work for the Census). As the debt piled on, so did the pounds with it and by the time I got hired in at Red Cross (where I'll have been now for 4 years in November!) I weighed 250lbs.

I decided something needed to change, and joined a local weight loss center. It was by far the most extreme thing I've done, and although I quickly shed 50lbs, in time to be at 200lbs for my July 2010 wedding, I learned nothing from the experience, and did, I believe, lasting harm to my body. I started shedding hair very badly a month before the wedding, and as of now, it's barely started growing back.

While I was happy with the weight loss, I was mad that I resorted to basically starving myself, and I vowed to never crash diet again. From one extreme to the other, as I couldn't find the balance, and I quickly gained back lbs. "It's ok, I'm only at 206, that's hardly much more than my wedding weight." Each new lb was reasoned out thusly.

And so I got to 226lbs, and was on the nearer side (albeit, only by a pound) of my former 250. "Where will I let it go?" I asked. "This is what got me to 250 in the first place." I started trying to eat better, watching not just my calories, but trying to make the most of what I put in my body. We also wanted to start trying for a baby, and I was nervous about being so overweight and pregnant. I had lost 10lbs by the time we got pregnant, in Sept 2011. I worked very hard, and only gained 5lbs more than my Doctor recommended (and was very proud of that!), and lost all of the baby weight within a month.

Then started to gain it back, and pushed back up to 225 again.

My coworkers had gotten together to do a Biggest Loser competition, and it was the boost I needed to start. Using a Jillian Michaels DVD (30 Day Shred) and the Lose It! app, I started to find a happy medium of lifestyle change.

In all of this, though, I had another motivation, the ultimate Motivator. And so enters the plot.

I've been trying to find a way back to Disney since our honeymoon in 2010. Yes, I could just say "We're going to Disney!" and my Husband would go along with it, as long as we could afford it. But, I plotted, think of how much more he'll support it, if I have some large goal! But what kind of goal could that be?

I'd heard of the runs they do there and how big they are! And there it was! I would do a half marathon at Disney World!

And so my somewhat elaborate scheme (which would involve much prep, and a 16 minute mile or less, which seemed impossible when I started) was hatched.

I began working out in earnest, eating much better (I have spinach at least once a day now! Sometimes TWICE.) and reading all I could about running.

I don't know where it changed. Somewhere along the way, it stopped being about getting to Disney (I know!). Somewhere, it became about the running. I love it! I love going out on my runs, I love how I feel all day after a run. I love pushing myself to the absolute limits, to limits I never dreamed I was capable of, even back in HS when I was very active.

What started as an elaborate Plot to see the Mouse (and maybe lose a little weight) has morphed into a full blown journey into finding ME. I am now at 195lbs, as of this week, and I know I have a long way to go, but for once, I'm enjoying the ride, rather than racing to the end.

(I apologize for the length and lack of pictures. That will be remedied in the next few. :) )

First up is the Hubby! :love: Seems a little silly to use fake names, when I'm posting pics, but I'm gonna anyway. :rotfl: We'll call hubby by the name Baloo. :)

1005658_10101613121488618_283023566_n.jpg

Baloo is...Silly. Very, veeeery silly.

We've been married just over 3 years (Baloo is very forgetful, which I've come to ignore, but I told him he has no excuse to forget how many years married, since we married in 2010, so the year counts for him! :lmao: ) and together for about 5 years before that. He's not really a big Disney fan, but we still love him anyway. :hug:

He's a janitor for Ford, and is a very hard worker (he worked 3 weekends of overtime last month, which means he worked 26 days straight! :eek: ) and seems to be very proud of basically single handedly funding our vacation (I know I'm proud of him)!

Like I said, he's not a Disney fan, so how did I convince him to go on our Disney Honeymoon? He decided to take a trip to Japan, the year we got engaged. He had a friend who was teaching over there, so he had a free place to stay, just had to pay to get there. Baloo only had the money for one ticket, and well, I wasn't too interested in going to Japan. He still felt bad about leaving me for a week, so we agreed that I'd get my Disney vacation and he could go guilt free to Japan. ;)

So, here he is, loving it, at Disney World:
62867_868567277268_7120220_n.jpg

We're both big kids!

And here's one more, of him all nice and cleaned up (at our anniversary dinner a few months ago):
59145_10101615099609448_654548062_n.jpg

Next up is our little Stormy! We're Doctor Who fans, so while I was pregnant, we called him Stormy (short for Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All), since we didn't find out his gender ahead of time and it seemed gender neutral. He also ended up being born on a rainy day, with grey-blue eyes, so the nickname seemed to fit him very well.

This will be Stormy's first visit to see the Mouse!

DSCN35081_zps8a752927.jpg

Yes, he is totally wearing a Mickey shirt. :thumbsup2

He's our little 16 month old, blond haired, blue eyed bundle of mischief. His favorite words right now are "Uh oh!" "Nope!" and "Dun dun dun!"

I'm super excited for his first trip because he'll be getting his first haircut there (and as you can see, he needs it!)

One last one of Daddy and Baby (he's a very good share-er)!
1175613_10101684766466508_993978257_n.jpg

Next post, about Imbri!

Not a Disney update, but I'm excited about it.

For her birthday, my sister asked me to make her a halloween costume, and she picked Katara, from Avatar: The Last Airbender. :thumbsup2

I just finished the dress last night and am pretty proud of it. It's been a while since I've altered patterns to make my own. =D

DSCN3509_zps0bf6c0ec.jpg

Now all that's left are the pants, water pouch, necklace and gloves. :rotfl2:

So who is Imbri?

The short answer is, Me!

Imbri started as my internet persona, and as I was 18 when she was created, she was still a bit of a surly teenager. She's since evolved and is now more "me" than a character. But I've been going by the name for so long now (Over 10 years! =O ) that I continue to use it. Imbri is the name of one of my favorite characters, from the Xanth novels, by Piers Anthony.

Much like everyone here, I love Disneeeeey! :rotfl:
maggie_flat1.jpg

This is me, as a Princess. =D (by: http://mimi-na.deviantart.com/ )

Still not a real picture of me, I know. I'm getting there. :cutie:

So here we go. As I mentioned earlier, I've been going through a weight loss journey.

Comparison.jpg

Ignore the "Last year and Last Week", these are from 2009/2010.
The left picture was me at my heaviest, 250. It was taken at Michigan's Adventure, and although I'm smiling, it was taken a short while after I had to get off a ride, because the seat belt wouldn't fit. Although it took a few more months to get motivated, it was always in the back of my mind. The picture on the right was after having lost 50lbs, at the weight loss clinic.

36177_868666064298_493740_n.jpg

On our last Disney trip, meeting one of my favorite Villains!

1209131_10101713685796938_1612017019_n.jpg

And the most recent picture of me, after Run Wild at the Zoo 5k
It's hard (I think) to see progress here because I'm wearing over sized clothing. That has since been fixed, but no more pictures have been taken. :laughing:

Other things about me:
My favorite princess is Tiana, because of her belief that you should work hard for something, not just wish for it. "Almost There" has gotten me through some of those longer miles. :) Before that, Belle and Ariel were my favorites, because I love Books and Swimming!

My favorite author is Jane Austen (I love romance and fairy tales, I guess!).

I am the oldest of 5, and although I graduated with a biology degree, I've known for a long time that what I wanted to "be" when I grew up was a mom. I work part time for the American Red Cross (ARC), hopefully will someday get to be fulltime stay at home (but if not, that's ok too)!

1098059_10101632799473778_1531831297_n.jpg

The whole family!

Last about me is, I LOVE to sew! I dabble in other crafting too, but my main thing is sewing. Currently (as I posted above) I'm working on a costume for my sister. Next up is to finish Stormy's halloween costume (We're going as Cosmo, Wanda and Baby Poof this year!) and after that, I'll be starting on things to wear at Disney. I'm so excited to plan them out!

1000333_10101698751225938_1208884339_n.jpg

My dabbleings in Crafting! It's a running bib and medal holder. =D
I'm working on a second right now, to just hold running bibs (for races where they don't give out finisher medals), which will have the Wicked quote "I Think I'll Try Defying Gravity" Just need to find a good font to do the quote in!

Yay!

Booking our air tix next week! We got a promotional deal through Chase Visa Southwest to spend a certain amount and get 50k bonus points. The points have been added, so I can book! (Waiting til next week for prices to go down, lol! Wanna save some of those points for the future. :thumbsup2 )

Subbed!! I'm so glad you sent me that message--I can't wait to hear all about your running journey and doing a half marathon. You'll have to get one of those magnets for your car that say "13.1 cuz I'm only half crazy!" I love those!

Stormy is too cute! Those eyes!!! Future heartbreaker! We didn't find out what we were having either. For our first we knew our names would be Hannah or Benjamin so we came up "banana" cuz it sounded like "benandhannah". She was a girl and still gets called Hannah banana. For our second our names were Madison or Benjamin so we mixed up some letters and used "sobi". Not as creative, but we had a two year old and were tired! :rotfl: (she was a girl too)

If you wander back to my PTR you'll see Maddie all dressed up as Tiana. We LOVE that movie, for many reasons! (Louis and ray? Hello?)

You are an awesome seamstress! And you look great! Woohoo :woohoo: for doing things the healthy way!

Subbed!! I'm so glad you sent me that message--I can't wait to hear all about your running journey and doing a half marathon. You'll have to get one of those magnets for your car that say "13.1 cuz I'm only half crazy!" I love those!

Stormy is too cute! Those eyes!!! Future heartbreaker! We didn't find out what we were having either. For our first we knew our names would be Hannah or Benjamin so we came up "banana" cuz it sounded like "benandhannah". She was a girl and still gets called Hannah banana. For our second our names were Madison or Benjamin so we mixed up some letters and used "sobi". Not as creative, but we had a two year old and were tired! :rotfl: (she was a girl too)

If you wander back to my PTR you'll see Maddie all dressed up as Tiana. We LOVE that movie, for many reasons! (Louis and ray? Hello?)

You are an awesome seamstress! And you look great! Woohoo :woohoo: for doing things the healthy way!

Yay, thanks! :wave:

Lol, I hope the running expo has a bunch of the stickers and car magnets. I'm gonna be blowing my souvenier money on a bunch of those! :rotfl:

Now for an update!

We bought our plane tickets! Officially flying out Feb 20th at 8am (nonstop, woo! I'm so glad to have gotten nonstop, for Stormy. It'll be his first flight!). Just have to remember to call SW and tell them we have a lap child.

Going to be starting on a binder soon, hehe. I'm excited to put that together. Baloo makes fun of me for being so obsessive over that, but then we always have everything in one spot and we both relax a whole lot more.

We did most of our Halloween things this past week/weekend! We took Stormy to a Pumpkin Patch during the week, and I ran in a 10k and we took Stormy to our zoo's halloween event, called Zoo Boo.

1379487_10101795056898598_1721418649_n.jpg

Stormy leading the way in the Corn Maze!

1380520_10101800391318378_1463347186_n.jpg

Ironman Pumpkin!

45515_10101803286431548_423521135_n.jpg

After my 10k! I was having tummy issues (turns out, I caught the cold my coworkers had. Dangit) and ended up running 2 of the 6 miles straight, and then I interval run-walked the last 4 miles. My time was 1:20:39, a 13min/mile. Disappointed, I was trying for a 1:15. I've signed up for a 10k in 3 weeks, so I hope to do better (and not be sick)!

999559_10101804462275148_388081833_n.jpg

Didn't get the wigs styled in time, but everyone still got it. Wanda, Cosmo and Baby Poof, from Fairly Oddparents! (Baby Poof stole our wands!)

943303_638430909540539_210748908_n.jpg

And finally, my baby sis in her finished Katara outfit! Pretty happy with how it came out!

our oldest DD would freak for an ironman pumpkin! very cool!

:woohoo: for a nonstop flight! I don't know what i'd do if we had to make a connection or have a layover. i'm sure you already have a plan for the plane ride, but when we went last time, I packed the girls bags filled with stuff to do. i'd gone to the dollar store and found all sorts of cheap stuff to keep them busy. we had so much stuff, we shared with the kids around us. kids were happy and parents were happy--it was a pretty good flight. ;) also, as i'm sure you know, the dollar store is a great place to get glow in the dark stuff cheap instead of spending $20 on one thing in the parks. we had so much of those things that we shared those too. I also used the bracelets to decorate our stroller so we could find it at night in the sea of strollers.

I think for being sick your time at the 10k was great! 13 minute miles are fast! i'm trying to get to a 15 minute walking mile so I can do the hot chocolate 5k in December, but i'm not there yet. I found a website that tells you the beats per minute of a song. I want to put together a playlist to walk to, I do pretty good walking to a beat, but time always gets away from me and I haven't done it yet.

your fairly oddparents costumes are great--love the floating crowns! and your sisters turned out great too!

Hehe! A friend had a Yoda one, and I went to the store intending to get that one, then saw Ironman next to Yoda, and went "MINE!". I briefly considered the Elmo one I saw too, cuz Stormy looooves Sesame Street, but I figured the whole family would appreciate Ironman better. :rotfl: (Sesame Street is driving Baloo and I up the waaaalllll).

I'm planning on getting him one of those Fisher Price iPhone cases (the Monkey) to keep him occupied on the flight, but I'll definitely make a little dollar store bag too! He's pretty active, so I wasn't quite sure the monkey would be enough. =D That's also a great idea for the glow stuff! At the Zoo Boo event, they had all the flashy light stuff to buy, and we almost got one (Stormy kept reaching for them when we passed by), but Baloo said they were expensive, and he'd only be interested in them for like, 5 minutes, lol!

Thanks! I was trying not to be too upset over it, and it helped (if that's the right word...) that the next morning I felt even worse and realized I'd been at the start of a cold, I've been exhausted all week. I've used JogFM to put together playlists, but I'm not able to put them on my phone without buying them. >< My favorite app is RockMyRun, which has playlists that you download (for free) that are remixed by the sites DJs, and it lists the BPM. My favorite mix is "Why don't we just run" (Country, hehe) A large chunk of the mixes are free, they have a few that are "premium" and you pay a monthly fee to download premium mixes. The premium ones are mostly 60min+ ones, so I just downloaded a bunch of half hour and 45 min ones and listen to them back to back. =D

I'm going to have to check out the websites/apps you listed. Those sound better then the one I found! I'd probably do the same thing and just download the free ones.

We had our Sesame Street phase too. Our oldest was in love with Elmo. I even made Elmo cupcakes for her second bday party, all Elmo themed. Our second wasn't as into it. I have always liked Sesame Street but I was getting pretty sick of Elmo and Abby Cadabby.

Congrats on your success. I too have been on a similar journey. So far I have lost more than 35 pounds and ran my first 5k this past summer!
Feels great doesn't it.
Keep up the great work!

I'm going to have to check out the websites/apps you listed. Those sound better then the one I found! I'd probably do the same thing and just download the free ones.

We had our Sesame Street phase too. Our oldest was in love with Elmo. I even made Elmo cupcakes for her second bday party, all Elmo themed. Our second wasn't as into it. I have always liked Sesame Street but I was getting pretty sick of Elmo and Abby Cadabby.

We watch Sesame Street on Netflix, and I'm pretty sure we've watched every episode that's up there 10+ times each. I guess that's an improvement over the 13 episodes of Yo Gabba Gabba that was basically on repeat. Yikes.
I just got season 2 and 3 of The Muppet Show, so I'm gonna try that out on Stormy. Not as educational, but I need a break from Sesame Street, lol!

Congrats on your success. I too have been on a similar journey. So far I have lost more than 35 pounds and ran my first 5k this past summer!
Feels great doesn't it.
Keep up the great work!

Thank you! It does! It's sort of fun to compare how much Stormy weighs to about how much I've lost, it really puts it into perspective how much extra I was carrying around (especially when I'm picking him up, haha). Now that I've hit the 25+ mark, people at work are starting to notice, which is exciting, and a good motivator (which I'd needed, because the loss has slown down a bit, since there's less to lose).
Congrats on your weight loss too! Have you signed up for any more races? =) The coworker who was talking to me today asked what I had been doing, and I said "Oh, running!" and she was like "Oh, icky. Well, it's working out for you, so that's good!" and I responded with "I actually....you know, kind of like it. Running, I mean." She was pretty confused, I guess it's not something you can really explain, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter