• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It’s Always Sunny in California!..Eh?...L’il Bit!

Whether on a cruise, or wandering around Venice Beach, you take the BEST water shots, Jen!

And I'm loving the Rapunzel t-shirt on the beach. What a great summary of your trip in one shot! :cool1:

Well thanks! I always admire yours, so I feel that is a great compliment!

Brook said it looked like I was posing just like Rapunzel!

Well thanks! I always admire yours, so I feel that is a great compliment!

Brook said it looked like I was posing just like Rapunzel!

LOL, she's right! :) Do I see a new career in your future?

Love your Venice beach photos! It is such an interesting area with great diversity! I applaud you for getting your feet wet! The water out there is cold all year long sadly. I went in August once and was very disappointed with the water temps! I was expecting Bahama's water!

LOVE all of your beach pics!! I can't wait until we get to go!! Yes we are going to DL we will be out there 8 days so we are doing 5 Disney 1 beach and 1 LA day!

Jen & Stacey, the water pictures are great! You can tell by your smile that even though the water was cold, you were enjoying yourself.

I had to go back to your previous update because I was sure I had commented; it appears you just missed me in your comments.

Beautiful beach pictures. The water looks so blue and inviting. But boo to it being cold, but you sure look like you were enjoying yourself anyway.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: pictures of the beach. I would love to ride a bike around the beach like that some day.

You see some really strange people walking around (or they may think we are strange).

Lunch looks yummy.

Ah yes...the beloved pigeons. How I despise those birds (we have them EVERYWHERE in Downtown Chicago...so much so that we rarely eat outside).

That was certainly one weird looking house. I'm not fond of vines growing on houses either...too many bugs in my opinion.

Can't wait for the next update.

eeek! I didn't mean to miss you! Must've not hit the quote button right.

Yes...very strange people there, but normal ones too. I think the normal ones are there to see the strange ones. :rotfl:
My grandparents had the vines on their house when I was little and my big thrill was to run my hands on them to swish them around and see birds fly out. now that I am older I do not like that idea at all. :scared:

You are definitely a brave woman. During our very first trip to Southern California, which was for Easter, I was determined to swim in the Pacific. We went to Newport Beach and I got as far as sticking my big toe in the water. Boy was that cold. I can only imagine how cold it must have been in February.

I love the ocean photos and the photos of the birds.

Corinna

On our first trip to the west coast in 2005 we made sure we visited the beach. Even in June it was too cold to really hang out and do much.

LOL, she's right! :) Do I see a new career in your future?

ummm...yeah sure

Love your Venice beach photos! It is such an interesting area with great diversity! I applaud you for getting your feet wet! The water out there is cold all year long sadly. I went in August once and was very disappointed with the water temps! I was expecting Bahama's water!

It was cold. I had no clue what it would be like in the summer, but I knew Feb probably wouldn't have warm water. :)

LOVE all of your beach pics!! I can't wait until we get to go!! Yes we are going to DL we will be out there 8 days so we are doing 5 Disney 1 beach and 1 LA day!

That will be so fun! You will have a great time.

Jen & Stacey, the water pictures are great! You can tell by your smile that even though the water was cold, you were enjoying yourself.

Thanks!
it was just so much fun to be there. I finally made it to California after years and years of wanting to go!

I had to go back to your previous update because I was sure I had commented; it appears you just missed me in your comments.

Beautiful beach pictures. The water looks so blue and inviting. But boo to it being cold, but you sure look like you were enjoying yourself anyway.

Sorry about that Kathy.

Thanks. it is pretty, and I love just staring at the rolling waves coming in. I was like a little kid there just having a ball.

You are definitely a brave woman. During our very first trip to Southern California, which was for Easter, I was determined to swim in the Pacific. We went to Newport Beach and I got as far as sticking my big toe in the water. Boy was that cold. I can only imagine how cold it must have been in February.

I love the ocean photos and the photos of the birds.

Corinna

Well I had to do it after coming all that way, but not for long. :rotfl:

On our first trip to the west coast in 2005 we made sure we visited the beach. Even in June it was too cold to really hang out and do much.

Good to know. I wonder if we go next year and do a beach day if Claire will suck it up and go in. :confused3 :rotfl:

When we went to DL in 2011, we spent a few days in Oceanside Ca which is near Legoland but on the beach. It was very nice, but cold water in early June! The kids did not mind swimming in it tho. I guess they're not like us old fogies!!;) I'm sure Claire would be fine!

This time we may do Legoland again, but just drive from Anaheim for the day. The kids just loved the Lego movie!! I have to admit it was pretty cute! :goodvibes

When we went to DL in 2011, we spent a few days in Oceanside Ca which is near Legoland but on the beach. It was very nice, but cold water in early June! The kids did not mind swimming in it tho. I guess they're not like us old fogies!!;) I'm sure Claire would be fine!

This time we may do Legoland again, but just drive from Anaheim for the day. The kids just loved the Lego movie!! I have to admit it was pretty cute! :goodvibes

We just did legoland in Florida. We loved the lego movie but we did not like legoland all that much. It was not run very well at all. Some things were cute, but the rides were not good at all. Eventually I will write that TR up and explain it more, but we won't be going back again.

I finally made it over! Been away from the DIS a bit this month.

Sounds like your trip is going well so far! Good travel karma! I'm glad your connections out worked out well. You are right. The flight out is very long. I did it 2x last year, nonstop CLE to LAX. About hour 4 (somewhere over Vegas) I was just ready for it to be done.

Venice Beach looks awesome! I thought the Pacific was just so blue, when compared to the Atlantic, which seemed more green…

Can't wait to hear more!

Your beach pictures are so soothing to me. I always went to the beach to relax, think or just regroup after a tough day.

Sadly the beach is much further away from me now than it was growing up. :sad2:

Great updates. Love the looks of Venice Beach. We went to Malibu Beach and the Santa Monica Pier. We had a great time. Then we drove to San Diego. Great day and beautiful drive.
Cant wait to hear more about your trip.

I finally made it over! Been away from the DIS a bit this month.

Sounds like your trip is going well so far! Good travel karma! I'm glad your connections out worked out well. You are right. The flight out is very long. I did it 2x last year, nonstop CLE to LAX. About hour 4 (somewhere over Vegas) I was just ready for it to be done.

Venice Beach looks awesome! I thought the Pacific was just so blue, when compared to the Atlantic, which seemed more green…

Can't wait to hear more!

Yay!!! It was a good trip and we had such a good time...of course I had work to do during it, but I didn't let that stop me.

Your beach pictures are so soothing to me. I always went to the beach to relax, think or just regroup after a tough day.

Sadly the beach is much further away from me now than it was growing up. :sad2:

It was so beautiful. And not so hot that made it uncomfortable. A lot of times when we go to a beach it is super hot.

Great updates. Love the looks of Venice Beach. We went to Malibu Beach and the Santa Monica Pier. We had a great time. Then we drove to San Diego. Great day and beautiful drive.
Cant wait to hear more about your trip.

I think if we do go to CA next year, we may drive to San Diego as well. Of course I am thinking of the zoo or Sea World there too. I will look into it more later. WE all know that Skip will not be planning that trip till next year...about 2 weeks before he wants to go. :laughing:

Good to know. I wonder if we go next year and do a beach day if Claire will suck it up and go in. :confused3 :rotfl:

She's a fish, so maybe? Nobody did more than stick their toes in the day we went. But we're beach snobs and used to the warm gulf waters in Sanibel.

I think if we do go to CA next year, we may drive to San Diego as well. Of course I am thinking of the zoo or Sea World there too. I will look into it more later. WE all know that Skip will not be planning that trip till next year...about 2 weeks before he wants to go. :laughing:

:rotfl:

At least it's far easier to plan a DL trip 2 weeks out. That alone might have to turn the west coast into your Disney home base!

She's a fish, so maybe? Nobody did more than stick their toes in the day we went. But we're beach snobs and used to the warm gulf waters in Sanibel.

:rotfl:

At least it's far easier to plan a DL trip 2 weeks out. That alone might have to turn the west coast into your Disney home base!

I do think she is part fish. She would love to be a mermaid.
That is so true. DL is a lot better for going with the flow.

So happy to see a new trip report!!! :dance3: California is definitely a unique place.

Yay!!! Glad you made it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter