Issues using Visa Debit on disney reservations site?

SnoopMary

Earning My Ears
Has anyone else had issues using their visa debit card to make payments towards their vacation on the Disney site before?

It worked fine on the weekend for my deposit payment and now it's saying my card is not accepted. I checked with my bank, there is nothing wrong with my card.

Just curious (and annoyed....)

The weird thing is it worked fine on Sunday, now it's not.

And I got a really canned answer from Disney when I asked them about it. :-(

I always use my TD debit visa to make payments, last one was on Thursday, and have not had any issues. I hope everything gets corrected for you.

Still no luck. Tried using my debit card from another bank, both my visa cards and I get the same error message - card cannot be processed.

It obviously isn't the bank(s). I emailed Disney again - so I will have to wait to see if they actually look into the issue.

Weirdly, on Friday night I couldn't even see my balance OR the make a payment hyperlink. Big red flag that it's a system issue!

Have you been using the card to apply payment on the website? I had many, many issues trying to apply payments on Canadian cards over the website but when I called the payments would go right through. No proper explanations were ever given.

I haven't because I work weird, intense hours.

I'm going to hold off - looking into another solution involving a US-funds credit card. My banker thinks that will solve the issue. I will update once we see if it works because if it does, NOT a good sign. Grr.

Still no luck. Tried using my debit card from another bank, both my visa cards and I get the same error message - card cannot be processed.

It obviously isn't the bank(s). I emailed Disney again - so I will have to wait to see if they actually look into the issue.

Weirdly, on Friday night I couldn't even see my balance OR the make a payment hyperlink. Big red flag that it's a system issue!
hey did you get a new card? it happened when we did...hope this helps

I had trouble making a payment with my TD U.S. funds Visa this week. It worked for my initial down payment a couple of weeks ago but wouldn't work this weekend. I got the "not accepted" message. I called customer service for the card and was told that no attempts had been made or declined. Then I called Disney. The tech person recommended clearing cookies, as sometimes that works. He said I could just make a payment over the phone if that was easier for me. When I said that would be fine, he transferred me to someone who could process my payment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter