Issue with our TA, advise please!

She said that life was overwhelming her right now and I wasn't the only one upset with her. She thanked me for my patience and that was basically it.

The whole thing that bothered me about this was that she has been doing this for years and was recommended by two people. So I couldn't understand why I was having problems.

I am so glad this worked out for you. I used TA's in the past, and I know a good Disney TA in my town, but now I handle all my own trips. I read stories like yours, and they make me very nervous.

OP, I am impressed with your handling of this difficult situation! You are obviously a mature, kind and patient person! So glad to know that you will now have control of your reservation.

Well done!

That's good she agreed to release your reservation. I'm sorry you lost out on your preferred resort and upgrade. That stinks. Maybe if you phone Disney reservations and ask to speak with a manager, and explain tier trials and tribulations with this TA, and what you missed out on, maybe they can do something. It's worth a try.

I hope this doesn't sour you on using TAs in the future. I've used 2 different agencies, both Disney Ear Marked, Authorized Disney Vacation Planners designation. Both agents were and are excellent. My TA gets back to me the same day. If she's out of her office and I need immediate help I'm given the contact info of another agent in the company who has access to my file. I'm never left hanging.

I'm quite capable of booking myself, and have, but I work full time and I find having a TA saves me time. I just send TA a quick email of what I want, then go to work. She does all the work. Even for something as simple as making a room only payment. Don't even have to be bothered with getting on WDW web site or wait on phone, it's so nice.
When discounts come out, she's the one waiting on hold.
They can make booking your WDW trip easy & stress free. So sorry this wasn't your experience.

No, it won't sour me. I think it is how it can be with all professions. There can be a few that should not be in certain professions, but I don't let that cloud my views of the profession as a whole.

Wait why would you loose any money from her at this point? I can't imagine since your trip is in September that there is any deposit you would be loosing as there is absolutely nothing she would be on the hook for at this point besides her time which she hasn't been giving you.

I would ensure that she has paid Disney everything you have paid her and at that point do a 3 way call with her and Disney both on the line. If you can't get her on the line call Disney and ask for a manager. Ask if there is any way to get the TA removed from your reservation and for it to become a regular reservation as your TA has not been doing their job.

It doesn't matter how many times she changes her mind. She could change her mind daily if she chooses to. It's the TAs job to make the changes. I have a client that has changed a number of times and I don't care. All I care is he has an amazing vacation. A good TA wouldn't care and just do it

Keep your eye on searching, even daily. I changed my res. 3 or 4 times last year as different classifications at my mod. POR last trip, and finally was able to get preferred with the deal. So keep your eyeout. Esp. As it approaches that package due date, 30 days before I think it is now.

I am so glad you will have control of your reservation from here on out. I, too, am sorry you missed out on the promos :(

I agree with Sue M in regard to how an agency should handle clients' requests and reservations when the original TA is out of the office. Yes, life happens to all of us, but a good agency will ensure there is a system in place so that other agents are designated as back-ups when emergencies happen or people are simply out-of-the office.

I'm glad you are getting control of your reservation and I hope it's smooth sailing from here on out!

It doesn't matter how many times she changes her mind. She could change her mind daily if she chooses to. It's the TAs job to make the changes. I have a client that has changed a number of times and I don't care. All I care is he has an amazing vacation. A good TA wouldn't care and just do it

I think you quoted the wrong post because I totally agree with you. A TAs job is to make the customer happy and yes sometimes you will have to deal with someone who changes their mind a milliom times. The OP really isn't the one changing her mind either she just wanted to get the best deal in her ideal location and when she wasn't getting responses for that she reached out again about a similar deal.

I think you quoted the wrong post because I totally agree with you. A TAs job is to make the customer happy and yes sometimes you will have to deal with someone who changes their mind a milliom times. The OP really isn't the one changing her mind either she just wanted to get the best deal in her ideal location and when she wasn't getting responses for that she reached out again about a similar deal.[/QU
Yeah I did. Not sure how I did that though :)

OP, I am glad this all worked out for you!

I had a question about the $200 deposit (just because I am nosy!). Is that something she was charging you personally on top of the cost of your trip or would the $200 go towards the cost of the trip itself?

TA 's take all fun of planning out of it for me. No offense just an opinion. I'm sure when I'm older I'll need one.

OP, I am glad this all worked out for you!

I had a question about the $200 deposit (just because I am nosy!). Is that something she was charging you personally on top of the cost of your trip or would the $200 go towards the cost of the trip itself?

The $200 was going towards our trip. She wasn't charging anything on top of the actual cost of the trip.

So, I know some may not agree with how I have handled this but I had to do what I felt that I needed to do.

I am not the best at speaking up, so I felt that I needed that I had to address my concerns with her directly first.

Last night I emailed her my concerns. I stated that I was upset that we lost out on another resort as well as an upgrade in a room due to her not being able to be contacted. I then added on the few other concerns that I had. I told her how I was going to proceed if I did not hear back within three days. I also said that I will be leaving a negative review, but the wording of that will depend on how she proceeds.

She responded today and she admitted wrongdoing and is in the process of releasing our reservation to us.

I thank you all for your encouraging words!
So glad to hear she is going to release the reservation. I assume she's done that by now? The way she's dropped the ball thus far I would stay on top of her till it was done

TA 's take all fun of planning out of it for me. No offense just an opinion. I'm sure when I'm older I'll need one.
Same here. There is only 1 instance where I'd use a TA and that's one of them that can provide deals well better than anything Disney offers. If I'm getting the same deal as with Disney directly I see no reason to use one. I can't stand the thought of relinquishing control of one single part

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter