Isn't tonight first night of new menu at Ohana?

Ok, we may try to go tonight, but I'm not sure. We planned on eating around the World Showcase for dinner, but Ohana will cost about the same. We couldn't get a PS for tonight but we'll try walking up before they open.

The CM on the phone said they have the sausage, I'm crossing my fingers. :)

HeatherPage said:
No, that's still the "semi old" menu (but thank you for trying)...and they are honey coriander chicken wings (not sure what coriander is either). Alas, the supposed new menu does away with those delectable wontons. Thank you again though for posting :)

Coriander is sort of like parsley...but not the kind they use for garnish. It's a herb.

I tried recreating the wings using a recipe from the Disney Magazine. It was ok but still not as good as the real thing.

pxlbarrel said:
Coriander is sort of like parsley...but not the kind they use for garnish. It's a herb.

I tried recreating the wings using a recipe from the Disney Magazine. It was ok but still not as good as the real thing.

Coriander leaf, cilantro, may be shaped like parsley, but they're very different. Coriander itself is the seed of cilantro and isn't an herb.

Forever42 said:
Coriander leaf, cilantro, may be shaped like parsley, but they're very different. Coriander itself is the seed of cilantro and isn't an herb.

i have the recipe for the Ohana wings and it's ground coriander ...the spice not the herb although they come from the same plant ..confused yet????? if you used coriander leaves aka cilantro aka "chinese" parsley, that could be why the wings tasted different cause these are pretty close and really yumae!

CharmedLife said:
Anyone yet? I'm still trying to decide if I should keep my ADR for 10/8...
We're going 10/8 too! I can't wait, even with the changes, as I've never been before. However, our first night dinner there was based on all the good stuff I had heard HERE!

Ok, we decided to have a low key day today and will be doing Ohana tomorrow, sorry guys. I'm really looking forward to it, though!

jann1033 said:
i have the recipe for the Ohana wings and it's ground coriander ...the spice not the herb although they come from the same plant ..confused yet????? if you used coriander leaves aka cilantro aka "chinese" parsley, that could be why the wings tasted different cause these are pretty close and really yumae!

Well, I used ground coriander as the recipe called for that. It tasted ok and was delicious but I didn't grill them on my bbq and instead oven baked them. Perhaps that's why they tasted different. My dad liked them...I was making them for a party and made some separate for him as a snack. He gobbled them up quick enough! :flower:

Forever42 said:
Ok, we decided to have a low key day today and will be doing Ohana tomorrow, sorry guys. I'm really looking forward to it, though!

We can wait another day! ;)

Will you be taking your camera, as usual? Would LOVE to see pictures of the new dishes! We'll be at 'Ohana, no matter the changes, next month :)

Thanks! :sunny:

Forever42 said:

Please take pictures, espcially of the new items. I hope it's good, as I'm eating there on Oct 6th.

SeaSpray said:
We can wait another day! ;)

Will you be taking your camera, as usual? Would LOVE to see pictures of the new dishes! We'll be at 'Ohana, no matter the changes, next month :)

Thanks! :sunny:

Of course :) Can't go check out the new menu without taking pictures ;)

pxlbarrel said:
Well, I used ground coriander as the recipe called for that. It tasted ok and was delicious but I didn't grill them on my bbq and instead oven baked them. Perhaps that's why they tasted different. My dad liked them...I was making them for a party and made some separate for him as a snack. He gobbled them up quick enough! :flower:

the recipe i have calls for baking them...must be a lot of different "official" recipes floating round :)

jann1033 said:
the recipe i have calls for baking them...must be a lot of different "official" recipes floating round :)

hehehe.. I bet!! I think the REAL reason it didn't taste exactly the same was...there were no coconut races in my kitchen and no view of the castle out my window! ::yes:: That's it...yes....

pxlbarrel said:

Are they very sweet and sticky?

I can't wait to see pictures too!! :banana: I will be there 10/8 as well for my anniversary. I'm giving my DH a very special anniversary present (trip to Hawaii). Its been killing me to keep it a secret! :hyper:

Michelle

Has anyone one been to Ohana yet since the new menu is out? Thanks!!

I have an ADR for 5pm pm on Saturday and will post a.s.a.p. We are sooo looking forward to this!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter