Isn't late October value season? If so, why are the value resorts $99/night!!

matthewsmom1

Mouseketeer
We just got back 1/25 and my poor son wants to go back now. I was thinking of a October trip. I paid $55/night for our stay @ the Pop Century. While we will NOT be staying there this time, I would like to try other All Stars! HELP!!

10/5/2005 through 11/26/20025 is now Regular season. Value season does not begin again until 11/27 through 12/19/2005. Oct and Nov are a very popular and busy time of year, so now the room rates are reflecting this change.

Also, that $99 per night you see right now is probably rack rate for the values. Codes (assuming they will come out) for that time period, will not come out for several months.

Once upon a time it was a cheap time to go...then came the crowds and more MNSSHP nights and the prices went up. Economics played a key roll here. But the up side is that it really is a great time of year to go and play in the FL sun.

October is also a very popular convention month at WDW. This is what first actually changed October from value to regular season. And, now it is getting more popular to go to the parks during this time. We went the 2nd week of Oct. last year and find it busier than when we went the 2nd week of December.

But as some of the other posters mentioned discount codes probably aren't available yet anyway (other than AP's). I believe the discount codes are determined after they find out the amount of vacancies that are available. (usually anywhere from 1-5 months ahead).

My recommendation is if there is a specific time that you want to go, make the reservation because it can always be modified if the price goes down (or you can even change to another resort), but if you don't make that reservation and you miss that discount window you may not be able to get in there at all. Some resorts only open a small amount of discounted rooms depending on availability (they can book up a resort on a discount code the same day it comes out).

I was totally UNimpressed at the $99 rate for Values as well. We are booked Oct. 7-15 but now I am getting worried. Will it be really crowded? The Unofficial Guide calculates crowds LOWER than when we were there in January - is that wrong? Are we making a big mistake by going in October? I don't want to go to MNSSHP so we will just hit MK on other nights. Thoughts, anyone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter