• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Isn't it a little unusual....

CareBear05

Mouseketeer
That I've received my stateroom number already for our Alaskan cruise that's leaving 1 year from tomorrow??? I re-booked while on the Dream in August for a GTY Navigators Verandah.

I went to my TA today to make a payment and some small changes. When we printed out the confirmation page after finishing I immediately noticed I'd been assigned cabin 7622! I know it wasn't there a week ago, I would've seen it when I logged into my Castaway account! Everything I read on here says that I should expect a room number assignment shortly before the actual cruise so I was pretty shocked. Has this happened before to anyone? If so, did your cabin number stay the same or change?

That I've received my stateroom number already for our Alaskan cruise that's leaving 1 year from tomorrow??? I re-booked while on the Dream in August for a GTY Navigators Verandah.

I went to my TA today to make a payment and some small changes. When we printed out the confirmation page after finishing I immediately noticed I'd been assigned cabin 7622! I know it wasn't there a week ago, I would've seen it when I logged into my Castaway account! Everything I read on here says that I should expect a room number assignment shortly before the actual cruise so I was pretty shocked. Has this happened before to anyone? If so, did your cabin number stay the same or change?

If you booked GTY, they can assign a room at any time (up to and including the day you cruise). They also can change the assignment at anytime up until the day you cruise.

:cutie:

Thanks, PrincessShmoo!!

I know I rolled the room dice when I booked it, but it was worth it and I'll be ok with whatever we get. I was just shocked it was assigned so far out. It'll be interesting to see if/how many times it may (may not) change over the next year. Disney's version of the Eenie, meenie, minie, moh! game could turn out to be entertaining while waiting out the next 366 days.

Given that the GTY was for a Navigator's Verandah, and they only sleep 3, I don't think it's that unusual that you were assigned a room as soon as one came available. One thing DCL uses the GTY status for is to give them the flexibility to move groups of 3 or less to another room, rather than tying up a 4 person room if there is a party of 4 that needs it. Not quite an issue with the Cat 7 rooms, so there may not have been the same incentive to hold rooms back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter