isney Vacation Club runs out. . .

RickW

Mouseketeer
of "D"s!

We got our postcards in the mail today, and it looks like DVC has finally used up their supply of the letter D. Instead of being sent to "Richard" and "Danica" (our first names), it was sent to "Richar" and "Anica". In addition, the name of the town we live in ends in a 'd', but that one was missing as well. All of the other correspondence we get from DVC is correct, I just thought this was funny. :)

It could be awhile. I think they have a Jan Use Year and had already heavily borrowed from 2003. Maybe they'll need an add-on....or a resale to get that next allotment!! :D

but ours were missing another letter as well. Can't remember which. At least it got to us... :rolleyes:

This happened to me too. It was addressed to Ebra instead of Debra and my street name has a "d" at the end and it was left off.

Our packet was also missing the "D" in our name on the outside address and the accompanying letter. Must be gremlins!

Michael Eisner has reported in on the subject:

This is a cost saving measure that will save the company a great deal of money. It goes along with our commitment to close certain rides and attractions in the park when it is not too busy. (CP, reduced hours, EE, etc.)
When park attendance rises above the 2000 level at Epcot we will once again rehire the letter D!

:) :smooth:

This lack of D's might be in response to the extra letters that were on a previous correspondance from DVC. I seem to remember that we got a letter with important "memembership" information (or something like that).

That is SO funny!!

Our last name is Ward and it was War on the package! I thought it was so strange because they have never printed it wrong before.

I'm glad you brought it to our attention, now I don't feel slighted.

How funny!!

I woner if this will be a new activity at the resorts. They must be saving them up. Instea of hien mickeys ... we can spen time walking the resort looking for hien "d's".

your frien,
Tig

Chalk another one up! Got our postcards today in KY and they left the d out of our last name too!

Someone typing up these things must have a phobia about the "d" on the keyboard...LOL!

Us too! Since we're relatively new members, we thought maybe we were in the computer wrong. Strangely, though, we've gotten confirmations that were correct. Now we know why McDaniel came out McAniel!!

Sheesh, you'd think somebody would check at least ONE of the letters going out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter