Is your first resort your favorite?

Is your first resort your favorite?

• Yes, my first WDW resort is my favorite!

• No, it isn't my favorite.

• It is among my faves.

• I liked it so much, I've never stayed anywhere else.

Results are only viewable after voting.
My first Disney resort stay was with my family right after high school, when POR was still Dixie Landings. Since then I've only stayed in ASMu and the Wilderness Lodge, and I can definitely say that as of now, Wilderness Lodge is definitely my favorite!

My first Resort was ASMu, I liked it & so did my sister, we went back there a second & third time. But then the last time we went to POP which in my opinion was better. Now we are gonna be staying at CBR so no my first one is not my favorite.

Our first family trip was 11 years ago and we stayed at the All Star Music. We had 7 people in our group and had a fabulous time! The ASMu will always have a special place in my heart because it was our introduction to the magic of WDW resorts.

We also love the Poly and CR and have stayed at both multiple times. Truly, though, our new favorite is BLT, our DVC "home". It fits our family perfectly! :goodvibes

The Poly is by far my absolute favorite resort ever. And yes, it is because of nostalgic reasons. When my family first started going to Disney way back in the '80's (I was 9 yrs old at the time) we stayed there twice before my parent's decided to buy a Timeshare Condo outside of Disney. Now that I have a family of my own, each time we go to Disney, I have to make sure to get an ADR for one of the restaurants, or go there to shop. I haven't stayed there since I was kid, but in due time I will be going back.

Yep, I stayed at CSR with my family when I was 12. I went back to POP when I was 19 and it just felt like something was missing. When we went back to CSR the next year, it was everything I remembered I loved it! I wouldn't go to Disney if I couldn't stay at CSR. It's just such a large part of our experience.

Yes our first trip was to the WL because I convinced DW to "blow it out" because we might not be able to go back for a while and I knew that theme was for us. We bought into DVC after our third trip at the WL.:thumbsup2 Love it and don't care to stay elsewhere (although we did stay at CSR one trip).

First on property stay was the Poly back in the 80's thanks to my parents. Haven't been willing to spend the money to stay at a monorail resort since then, but have more fond memories from there than any other resort.

Poly will always be among my favorites. Now that we own at BLT and can walk to MK, I would have to flip a coin.

Our first trip we stayed at the All Stars Music...and though it was very nice we are staying deluxe now. I prefer the inside hallways and not having to walk that extra mile at park closing to reach our building. But hey, it was our first time onsite and we loved it then ;)

Our first was All-Star Music. We actually liked it. It was very clean and nicely updated. Did not like the crowded busses at all.
Second trip was to Boardwalk Villas. It was in a debillitated shape. Paint chipped off the walls. Patches in the wallpaper. And the rooms were rather filthy. The location was the bomb. Awesome night life and easy walk to Epcot or DS. Room was nicer at Music even though BW was a 1 bedroom suite.
Third trip was to OKW. Very nice and very quite stay. Perfect for my wife and I as we escaped the kids for the weekend. Very laid back resort. It was in late March. We were the only ones on the buses half the time. Room was very clean.
Next up is in 9 days at SS. 2 bedrooms and taking the in-laws as MIL is fighting cancer and wnted to give her something to look forward to. She is so excited now!

Over all. All-star music has some very fond memories and is not too shabby.:thumbsup2

No. First stay=Pop and although we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, we just love the Wilderness Lodge.

Perhaps that will change after SSR, BC or BW during our future visits planned but as of now, WL is number one for us.

First stay was at SSR aafter buying into DCV. Have now stayed at SSR, AKV, BWV, OKW, and going to BCV in March. We truly have enjoyed ALL the resorts but I guess least fav was OKW and most fav would probably be AKV kidani. Can't wait until March, though, I think BCV make take over as top spot!

My first WDW stay was at CBR in 1992. It was a trip coupled with a bahamas cruise, and I had no clue about planning. We basically picked a resort we could afford, and our finances were very different back then than now. I have no desire to stay at CBR again. I refuse to stay anywhere that does not have queen beds, so it is deluxe or DCV properties for my family.

I love reading all these responses. :) I've been going to the Polynesian since the 80's with my parents, and as an adult I usually choose to stay there too. It's my sentimental favorite, as a PP said, to me it is Disney. I also love the Yacht Club, with it's nautical theme and proximity to Epcot, and I love the elegance of the Grand Floridian - but I always end up back at the Polynesian. This next trip, we're staying at the Grand Floridian, and already my 9 year old son is wondering why we can't stay at the Polynesian. :wizard:

I voted, "Yes, it is my favorite" because of my children. They almost cry if I suggest that we skip WL (or VWL) for a trip, but I like to stay different places. It is definitely special to me, but I could skip it occasionally.

Our First stay was Dixie Landings. We loved it. Now called POR. Didn't care for the name change. It is still our favorite Moderate resort. We have stayed at all the Deluxe resorts. We continue to go back to Wilderness lodge. If we are going less expensive and it is the only thing left we will stay at POP. We have stayed everywhere except. SSR, FW, Tree Houses and BLT. We haven't stayed at the Swan or Dolphin, really don't want to because they are not really Disney.

Diane

I'm enjoying all of the responses to this post! It's fun to read about why people love or don't their first resort. When it comes to accommodations, Disney has something for just about everyone.

Poly was my first (1971, not many choices back then!) and still my favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter