Is your first Disney resort hotel your favorite?

As a kid I stayed at Caribbean Beach. When I was 18 I stayed at All Star Music. My first trip as an adult that I paid for myself was at Coronado Springs. But my favorite is the Grand Floridian which is where DH and I honeymooned. My top three are:

1. GF
2. Beach Club
3. Polynesian

I want to try Boardwalk someday and I'd like to go back to Animal Kingdom Lodge. The Wilderness Lodge is #4 on my list but the rooms are just too small for my family.

My first on-site stay was a 1988 family trip and we stayed at the Grovesnor at Downtown Disney. I have stayed at the Contemporary, Caribbean Beach Resort, Port Orleans Riverside, Pop Century, Old Key West, and Kidani Village. My current favorite is Kidani Village.....that of course may change after our next trip. We have a split stay at the Poly and Bay Lake Tower.;)

Funny now that I think about it FW was our 1st resort..and even though I thought my fave was AKL now that you brought it to my mind :thumbsup2 FW IS my fave

The first resort I stayed at with my husband was POR on our honeymoon. Although we liked it fine, we've never been back there together!!

The first time we ever saw WL we fell in love! It was so beautiful! We thought we would never be able to afford staying there, ever.

Well two years ago we got a great code and stayed there for a weekend in December. It was even more beautiful with the Christmas decs. We knew we had to stay there again!!! Today we are proud DVC owners at VWL :cloud9:

I stayed in the Contemporary with my parents in the early '70s a few years after it opened. I just saw an old photo of me in my bellbottoms sitting at a funky white "retro" plastic table in our hotel room. Will be returning there for the 1st time at the end of this month with my DH and 7 y.o. son. I remember sitting in the Contemporary lobby eating breakfast under a huge mural while birds flew around inside and the monorail whizzed by. I was amazed. I think I was my son's age so I am looking forward to this trip (and looking forward to the modern hotel rooms!).

Nope!

Our first was All-Star Movies, and we have since been to the Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge, and the Contemporary. Unlike most posters on this board, I don't think I have a real favorite. They are all great in their own way...but I DO prefer the deluxe resorts even if my wallet doesn't.

My first resort was POFQ. Since then I've stayed at AKL and CSR and AKL is by far my favorite although I loved being able to get a king bed at CSR. I didn't like the Pepper Market or the hike in the rain to my room, so I think that tainted my opinion of CSR.

Nope, quite the opposite actually. Our first resort was CBR, and it's not like we had a bad experience there, but it our least favorite resort. Our favorite is the YC/BC, specifically the YC, for the pool and location, followed by the Poly for the atmosphere.

Have only stayed at two so far @ WDW.
1st Trip: Pop Centry
2nd Trip: Boardwalk Inn - Club Level
3rd Trip....we are leaning towards Poly-CL

So have not stayed at enough yet to really say we have a favorite. I think you can put me in any WDW Resort and I'll still love it! :thumbsup2

...but eventually will have a favorite.

Nope!

Our first was All-Star Movies, and we have since been to the Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge, and the Contemporary. Unlike most posters on this board, I don't think I have a real favorite. They are all great in their own way...but I DO prefer the deluxe resorts even if my wallet doesn't.

I have to agree.

Our first trip, there wasn't anything but CR, Poly, FW, and (I think) the Golf Resort (not a golfer, so I'm not sure when that one opened). We stayed at CR, and we continued to stay at CR for many years. As new resorts opened, we would try them out, and we tried Poly and FW also.

I can say we have some that are "lesser" choices. My least favorite choice in the deluxe category is AKL, because I like having a water feature at my resort, and I don't like having a view of Highway 192 from my balcony (it was supposedly a savannah view, but look one way animals and the other way, 192).

But I don't really have a "favorite" so to speak. I have had good experiences at pretty much all the Disney resorts I've stayed in, and I choose them based on length of trip, what I'll be doing on the trip, and what my current budget is. There's something to like about all of them - even if not all of them appeal to everyone.

Nope. The first one we stayed in was ASMo.

I'm not a fan of the values. The beds are too darn uncomfortable.

I prefer the deluxe resorts and don't have a favorite among them yet since I haven't been able to afford to stay at many of them. (CR and WL so far).

ughhh...no! lol

Our first time on site we stayed at CBR and the room was fine, but the main pool was a scary insane asylum. Kids climbing up the wall to use the slide, after it had been closed for the night. Parents just letting their kids run crazy. Stuff like that. After a couple of nights of that, we just started using the quiet pool, which was fine.

The next time we stayed deluxe and never looked back. lol

My first stay was in 1972 at the Poly. The other choices were the Contemporary or the Fort Wilderness campground. Now, I still love the Poly, but I also love AK and The Dolphin. This year we are trying out the YC. We're really looking forward to that pool!

Not true for us either. Our first onsite stay was at the CBR in 2002. We have stayed at other resorts since then: POP, CSR, PORFQ, BWV, and then back to CBR last Dec. I am happy to say that it will probably be our last time at CBR. Our favorite was probably Boardwalk. We love the proximity to Epcot, and everything that a deluxe has to offer.
We are going for a long weekend at the end of this month and we will be staying at POR. Let's see....I've heard good things! :thumbsup2

Nope. Our first was CBR. It was the most affordable that was to our liking. After 3 stays there we went to the WL. With our first taste of deluxe, we never went back to the mods. We have since moved on to the Poly and GF. Our favorite is the Poly, having stayed there many times. I will never go back to CBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter