Is Yeti working now on EE?

momof2intx

DIS Veteran
Can someone who has been there recently let me know if the Yeti is back to swiping at the passengers yet?

Last I heard, he is in the dark and you could barely see him....that his arm is not working??

I really wanted my mom to enjoy this ride the way is it supposed to be experienced!!

We were there a few weeks ago and it was not working one day but on another day it did. My friend had never ridden with it working and let out a big scream because it startled her.

She (Betty) the Yeti will be some time before she's back to parr again. They have to remove her due to the fact she has a major crack in her foundation and repair it. ºOº

We were there one week ago and rode it twice. It was twice in an hour, so I couldn't tell you if it was running differently throughout the week or day. Anywho, when we rode, you barely saw anything, it looked to me like a strobe light and the thing was just sitting there. I really don't know why they even bothered putting the yeti there anyway, as you don't really have time to see it.
OT, but we were all very disappointed with EE. It was very boring. Its not fast or exciting enough as a rollercoaster to get by without some nice scenery to look at, and aside from the very beginning of the ride, there really isn't much to look at. I'm not sure why they put the yeti where they did. I would have put the yeti in a place where the track was being switched and you had time to look at it. Very blah attraction and not worth waiting in line for more than ten minutes, which is about all we waiting.

The Yeti will likely remain in "B" mode (stationary w/strobes) until they can fix the cracks in her foundation. Not sure when that will happen - no info has been released and I've heard the ride would need to be down for some time. :sad2:

From what I've seen the Yeti doesn't work most of the time. I think I've experienced the full Yeti maybe twice.

We were there two weeks ago and could hardly see the Yeti - very disappointed in that part of the ride. The rest was awesome and we were able to do it 3 times in about 30 min! We went during am EMH and that was just perfect. The day before there was a 60 min. wait

We were there one week ago and rode it twice. It was twice in an hour, so I couldn't tell you if it was running differently throughout the week or day. Anywho, when we rode, you barely saw anything, it looked to me like a strobe light and the thing was just sitting there. I really don't know why they even bothered putting the yeti there anyway, as you don't really have time to see it.
OT, but we were all very disappointed with EE. It was very boring. Its not fast or exciting enough as a rollercoaster to get by without some nice scenery to look at, and aside from the very beginning of the ride, there really isn't much to look at. I'm not sure why they put the yeti where they did. I would have put the yeti in a place where the track was being switched and you had time to look at it. Very blah attraction and not worth waiting in line for more than ten minutes, which is about all we waiting.

I also was not impressed with EE.
It is not very exciting as a coaster for me. I have only ridden it once and the impression that was left was...up lift hill... coast a little... stop... backwards through darkness just turning... stop... forward big drop... couple more turns... Yeti (oops blinked missed it;) )... end of ride.
After I got off I had no desire to ride it again. There aren't many coasters that I have ridden that I really didn't care if I went back on.
I know some people rave about this ride but to each their own.
I feel RnR is a much better coaster.

We rode EE in 2006 shortly after it opened and when the Yeti is fully operational it is GREAT! I think the que and the ride are top notch!

I feel RnR is a much better coaster.

Yes, I also feel RnR is much better. For me, a coaster has to do one of two things: be a very thrilling ride, or a very entertaining ride.

There is really only one thrilling "rollercoaster" on property for me and that's RnR. It isn't all that exciting to look at, but the audio really nails it for me. The anticipation of the launch with "ROCK AND ROLLER" and the countdown followed by the launch to 60 mph is just so much fun. Then the inversions kick in, and those are a blast.

Big Thunder is not a very thrilling ride, but there's so much to see while you are riding that it more than makes up for it. Space Mountain used to be fun because of the scenery, but now it just feels like I've been in a bar fight afterwards, and that's never fun! :) Hopefully the refurb will take care of that.

Everest is neither of those things. The queue itself is very pretty, and the mountain is nice from a distance. But the problem is the illusion for me is shattered because I can see things that do not fit the theme; Spaceship Earth and hotels to name a few. It loses something. Then there's all the blackness. That can be fun, but only if the ride has lots of unexpected twists and turns, which it doesn't.

But, like you said, to each their own. For those who love Everest, more power to you. I just wish you could actually see that impressive Yeti even when its working. I've seen it on TV and it looks beautiful...too bad even if its working there's no time to appreciate it.

We had a ride once at EE but I still prefer to ride in RnR, we experienced more fun and we loved it.:thumbsup2

Have a nice day everyone. :)

I just wish you could actually see that impressive Yeti even when its working. I've seen it on TV and it looks beautiful...too bad even if its working there's no time to appreciate it.

I too like Rock and Roller Coaster better than EE, but I actually think that seeing the Yeti for a short amount of time makes it better (when it is fully functional). If you only catch it for a second, you'll still be so amazed that you'll want to see it again, and again. But if you have say 30 seconds to look at it, it sort of ruins the excitement. To me, the Yeti is one of the best parts of the ride, and it sort of ruins the experience if he isn't fully functional.

As of last Tuesday, they were not even doing the strobe light. I believe they did actually remove the yeti to fix the foundation so it may be some time before shes back.

As of last Tuesday, they were not even doing the strobe light. I believe they did actually remove the yeti to fix the foundation so it may be some time before shes back.

So I won't be seeing her Next weekend?:guilty: BUMMER!

We rode EE on either January 26 or 27 and the Yeti was there, although like others have said, you pass it in the blink of an eye.

You know - now that you mention it - We also agree that EE could have been much better. We've rode it serveral times - all with the Yeti in A mode - with it swooping at you - and you are right - you only get to see it for a split second....almost a 'waste' for the amount of detail they put into it.....think about it.

There is a build up the entire ride - from the queue area to the torn tracks ect....then you fly by it and just catch a glimpse of an arm that swoops at you.

Thats it :confused3

Now that Yeti is not even working....the coaster by itself isnt that good - We love RnR and also feel BTM is a better coaster.

I have to agree. The Yeti is just a blur.

But boy do I wish I was wizzing by that blur right about now!

You know - now that you mention it - We also agree that EE could have been much better. We've rode it serveral times - all with the Yeti in A mode - with it swooping at you - and you are right - you only get to see it for a split second....almost a 'waste' for the amount of detail they put into it.....think about it.

There is a build up the entire ride - from the queue area to the torn tracks ect....then you fly by it and just catch a glimpse of an arm that swoops at you.

Thats it :confused3

Now that Yeti is not even working....the coaster by itself isnt that good - We love RnR and also feel BTM is a better coaster.

I can see how you can feel this way. Maybe they should have put the yeti up where they project the yeti on the top of the mountain. However, I think that with or without the Yeti, Everest is still the 2nd best roller coaster on property (I think Space and BTM are not up to par with Everest; If WDW were to refurbish Space Mountain like DL did, then Everest could bump down to number 3 in my book).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter