• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is YC and BC really worth the cost? what dose Ap rate run for them?

ssatterly

DIS Veteran
Just trying to decide if it is worth it. i want to pick a nice deluxe for a 4 05 night stay after POP.

Really worth the cost? It depends what you want in your resort. If a lovely hotel at which you plan to spend some time (meaning not just for sleeping), a great pool, and easy access to Epcot, MGM and the Boardwalk is important, then it is worth the cost. If a hotel room is just a place to sleep, a pool is a pool and the only park you are going to visit is MK, then it might not be worth it.

We are in the former category and, thus, for us YC is well worth the cost.

SSATERLY -
I am trying to figure out the same thing for an upcoming April trip. You may be able to decide for yourself as the Travel Channel has a 30 minute special on the YC and BC this Sunday morning at 10:30AM EST. I will be watching. I am sure it will help your decision and my decision.
ADP :D

Not sure what the AP rate is, just booked AAA for $277.64 with tax for July of 2005. I have to say this past July was our first time at YC. I just loved it and my kids who are 5 and twins 4 can't wait to go back. I like the idea of having SAB and I can walk to the boadwalk, Epcot, etc. I just can't say enough about this place, it is my all time favorite. Now my husband doesn't want to stay anywhere else. We have been going to Disney with our kids since our first was one. Now my husband is a little tire of it. So now the rules are we go but we don't spend the entire time at the parks. So staying at the YC, there is so much to do. I think you will love it.

Like everything else, everyone has an opinion, here's mine. We stayed at the BC June of 2002. I wasn't impressed. Our room was so far away from everything and the pool was just to crowded all the time. The CM's were not friendly at all. We recently got back from the Wilderness Lodge and fell in love with it. We will definitely be going back to the WL but not BC, not worth the extra money.

We loved the pool and the location. The rooms and resort did not impress me for the cost. We like the Dolphin a lot.

We loved the YC/BC! BUT....if you asked me if it is worth the extra $100 a night over the WL, I would have to say NO. You can have a deluxe experience at WL (or AKL). The rooms at BC were larger (not that it matters to just three of us), it was nice walking to Epcot-but just as hot and tiring as it is walking anywhere, and the whole area is beautiful. If you have the money saved-go for it. If not, the cheaper deluxes are VERY nice (and better themed).

While it is definately a personal preference for what you look for in a hotel, I have to say that the YC is a wonderful experience. Even though the YC and BC are connected I find the YC to be quite superior to the BC. Not that I don't love the BC. (I'm a DVC'R there) but the YC always seems to be much more quiet. The location is excellent and I always find the staff to be great. The pool is great as well (not a concrete jungle). The only thing is that there is no food court, so quick eating is sometimes hard there. Beaches & Cream seems to always have a wait. But I enjoy it thoroughly, and I love that the staff there knows my name. Every time I go back, they remember me and my whole family.

We stayed at the BC 9/02 and I thought it was great. We would spend the day at MK till they closed. Then took the monorail to Epcot. and when it closed walked back to our room at the BC. the next day we hopped on the boat and went to MGM. Very convenient. Going back again this year.

Originally posted by madalex
Really worth the cost? It depends what you want in your resort. If a lovely hotel at which you plan to spend some time (meaning not just for sleeping), a great pool, and easy access to Epcot, MGM and the Boardwalk is important, then it is worth the cost. ....

We like all the perks of staying in the Epcot area, so we stay at the Swan/Dolphin for between $140 and 160. Lots of discounts available--AAA, Ent. book rate. It's still a deluxe hotel and has a cool grotto pool.:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter