• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is WDW hiring other than park staff?

abeyst

DIS Veteran
I knew WDW had a freeze on hiring for awhile, and heard it may be lifted. I checked employment at Disney.com and found that there were no lookups for WDW-Florida anymore. It seems they all moved to other states.

Does anyone know if they are hiring corporate positions or even slightly higher than theme park staff? They used to have positions in FL a year or 2 ago, but I can't find out if they've been eliminated. I was looking to apply, but wanted to go to Florida-not CA. Any ideas?

You are correct. My hubby does IT project management and has applied for a few things at Disney in Florida in the past. We have never gotten past the "your resume has been forwarded to the proper hiring authority" stage. My husband is from Fl. and we are dying to go back. Currently Fl. does not even show up on the Disney job listing. Wonder how long this will last? In the meantime we will just keep trying for anything in Fl. Ga. Tx. or anywhere warm. We are freezing up here! BTW...Someone in one of my hubby's professional organizations just got a job with Disney in Orlando. He had been networking there for quite some time. I guess if you know someone there are still jobs at times. Interesting.

Thanks for the info. Disney is probably the same as all the other big companies-they're outsourcing. I was working for Ford until they outsource our dept and now we're working for the firm Ford hired to handle our dept. So we're still working for Ford, but as a contractor. I'm sure Disney is doing the same thing. Maybe I should check some job sites and see if they're hiring for positions in Disney's organization. It just seems like this is something Disney would never do, that's why I never checked into it. Seems too big of a risk of their reputation.

But then again, with some of the posts I've seen on how everything is declining, maybe they're more worried about the bottom line for every aspect of the business.

All I know is I need to get away from this cold, too! We're from MI and lived here our whole lives, but it's time for a change. And if I'm going to go warmer, why not WDW? ;)

Good luck to you guys!

WDW currently has a salaried position hiring freeze in place. They are currently hiring only hourly seasonal employees and filling a few vacant full-time positions. Essential salaried positions are being filled by internal promotion or transfer with numerous other positions being left empty.

A gal where I work, has a BF who interviewed with Disney last week in FL -- in the illustration dept.
I was surprised to hear that. I thought that area was downsized and outsourced. But he was there just last week interviewing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter