Is Walt Disney World going to 100% security screenings at the parks?

Just went through AK front gate, they pushed everyone through the bag line and the metal detectors.

.that doesn't mean we stop trying to stay safe and to keep getting as many as possible.....not throw up your hands and say.......since we cannot get them all......let them all.brings weapons on planes or.into what ever venue.

No, but it does mean we need to find better, more effective ways of doing so. The current way just creates another target outside of the park.

It is factual they have stopped many attacks since 9 11. The times square bomber just jumps to mind.

These security checkpoints haven't. The Times Square bomber would have succeeded if the bomb had gone off. It was street vendors that alerted police because the car was smoking, not police themselves. The other foiled attempt was because of surveillance, not because of metal detectors and bag checks.

Actually that is not totally.true, one fun was found in a log on slash Mountian when it fell.out of a guys pocket and one once accidently fired one round.

Link? I can find no evidence that this happened.

I love this type of point.....was it not just a few weeks ago in England a woman nanny beheaded a 4 year old girl and paraded the head around town....the answer is yes.

Right, but how would the policies currently in place have stopped this kind of thing? Answer: They won't and can't. You're trying to make a false equivalence here. Stopping a crazed nanny isn't the same thing as what is being attempted by Disney security.

am sorry but your points are the only opinion here...no facts, just Theater and opinion.

I have given you facts , links, etc......

No. Your statements are full of misinformation or are missing any kind of evidence of their occurrence.

Remove the security and there will indeed be attacks fast

Another fact not in evidence.

No, but it does mean we need to find better, more effective ways of doing so. The current way just creates another target outside of the park.

I HAVE BEN SAYING SINCE THE START SECURITY WILL IMPROVE. THERE are TARGETS EVERYWHERE. THE GATE PROTECTS THE PARKS.

These security checkpoints haven't. The Times Square bomber would have succeeded if the bomb had gone off. It was street vendors that alerted police because the car was smoking, not police themselves. The other foiled attempt was because of surveillance, not because of metal detectors and bag checks.

YOU CANNOT DIVIDE SECUIRTY AND SAY BCUASE THEY ARE NOT EFFECTIVE IN ONE TYPE OF ATTACK, THEY DON'T WORK IN ANOTHER.

Link? I can find no evidence that this happened.

PLEASE, IF YOU DONT WANT AT BELEIVE
THIS, DONT

IT WAS A FEW.YEARS AGO...

Right, but how would the policies currently in place have stopped this kind of thing? Answer: They won't and can't. You're trying to make a false equivalence here. Stopping a crazed nanny isn't the same thing as what is being attempted by Disney security.

MY DISCUSSION IS INCLUDING ALL SECUIRTY, NOT JUST THE GATE.

No. Your statements are full of misinformation or are missing any kind of evidence of their occurrence.

WRONG, PLEASE REFER TO PREVIOUSLY PROVIDED LINKS AND DETAILS. THE ONES YOU CHOICE TO NOT DISCUSS.

Another fact not in evidence.

REALLY....THIS IS INDEED IN DISCUSSION. THE WHOLE POINT IS THAT WITHOUT SECUIRTY THE TERRORIST WILL BE ATTACKING MORE ANDORE

THE PROOF?....HAVE YOU READ THE NEWS AND THE THERE PROMISES TO KEEP ATTACKING THE WEST.

Again all you have is your opinions....no links or backup as I produced before.

This is really about a few people who don't want to take the time to go though the gates and scanners anywhere.

AKK

REALLY....THIS IS INDEED IN DISCUSSION. THE WHOLE POINT IS THAT WITHOUT SECUIRTY THE TERRORIST WILL BE ATTACKING MORE ANDORE

THE PROOF?....HAVE YOU READ THE NEWS AND THE THERE PROMISES TO KEEP ATTACKING THE WEST.

This is really about a few people who don't want to take the time to go though the gates and scanners anywhere.

AKK

The best way to stop a terror attack (most security experts will tell you) is to empower the people directly there to stop it. The more we tell people we can add more and more security to protect them, the less and less people will be observant and protect themselves and those around them. Look at the failed terror attacks over the years - almost all of them were b/c people at the site observed the danger and stopped it or got security people to stop it (not metal detectors, bomb detectors, etc)...

I don't go to Disney and ignore strange happenings...while I may be in a happy place, I'm still in a public one (staying observant anywhere in public - movie theaters, theme parks, sports stadiums, malls, etc - is important). People like me are the best security Disney and those places can have...b/c they can't ever employ enough people to be everywhere at all times...

The best way to stop a terror attack (most security experts will tell you) is to empower the people directly there to stop it. The more we tell people we can add more and more security to protect them, the less and less people will be observant and protect themselves and those around them. Look at the failed terror attacks over the years - almost all of them were b/c people at the site observed the danger and stopped it or got security people to stop it (not metal detectors, bomb detectors, etc)...

I don't go to Disney and ignore strange happenings...while I may be in a happy place, I'm still in a public one (staying observant anywhere in public - movie theaters, theme parks, sports stadiums, malls, etc - is important). People like me are the best security Disney and those places can have...b/c they can't ever employ enough people to be everywhere at all times...

I agree, people paying attention is a big part of security. But that is only one part and fills a gap were we just cannot have trained secuirty people in the numbers reqiured. That is why the average person has been so effective.

However you cannot dismiss secuirty measures by the people who are in the indusrty.

They will.see.and detect a terrorist by using many things the average person would not see. That is why terrorist will be hard pressured to try and get by secuirty check points

The tools and people there, , behind the seems, like, scanmers, camera, people trained in body language, actions, clothing, body types and what to look for, etc, etc

Again, its.not perfect, but proceed gets and techno are improving are and in time we will enter venues like themepark, and not even know.we.are being scanned or.checked out.

Unril then we are all.going to.have to wait in the lines to keep the terrorists out.

One additiona point , there have been many attempts at attacks, most of which we never hear about for the obvious reasons.

AKK

YOU CANNOT DIVIDE SECUIRTY AND SAY BCUASE THEY ARE NOT EFFECTIVE IN ONE TYPE OF ATTACK, THEY DON'T WORK IN ANOTHER.

Sure I can. Because it's true. You brought up the Times Square bomber, which wasn't stopped by metal detectors and bag checks. One wasn't even stopped by the police, but by street vendors. And since what we're talking about here is the addition of metal detectors and increased bag checks, it's relevant.

PLEASE, IF YOU DONT WANT AT BELEIVE
THIS, DONT

IT WAS A FEW.YEARS AGO...

Again, please provide some kind of link or evidence. I'm just asking for a little proof, because I believe your memory may be off in this case. I can find all kinds of information on security events at WDW dating back to the 80s, but none matching your description.

MY DISCUSSION IS INCLUDING ALL SECUIRTY, NOT JUST THE GATE.

They still can't, and won't be able to, stop anyone from doing every kind of violence. It's simply not possible.

WRONG, PLEASE REFER TO PREVIOUSLY PROVIDED LINKS AND DETAILS. THE ONES YOU CHOICE TO NOT DISCUSS.

I will gladly discuss anything. Please tell me specifically what you would like me to address. I've repeatedly asked you for links and things backing up exactly what you say, or provided evidence where your statements are in error.

That isn't proof that things will actually be happening.

No. Come on, man. I've repeatedly engaged you in anything you wish to bring up.

A little bit, yes. But it's also about creating different targets and the efficacy, or lack thereof, of the new security policies. Creating an inconvenience also creates targets.

P
Sure I can. Because it's true. You brought up the Times Square bomber, which wasn't stopped by metal detectors and bag checks. One wasn't even stopped by the police, but by street vendors. And since what we're talking about here is the addition of metal detectors and increased bag checks, it's relevant.

PLEASE READ MY STATMENTS.....I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT JUST VENUE GATES, I AM TALKING ABOUT ALL SECUIRTY ISSUES.
THE BROADWAY BOMBER WAS ON THE LIST AS A QUESTIONABLE.LIST. HE WAS NOT GOING THOUGH A GATE OR CHECK POINT.

Again, please provide some kind of link or evidence. I'm just asking for a little proof, because I believe your memory may be off in this case. I can find all kinds of information on security events at WDW dating back to the 80s, but none matching your description.

SORRY. AS I siad it was some years ago...if you don't beleive it, I really don't care as its fact. The Officer go into alot of trouble. It was one of the incidents thatade Disney now stop LE from carrying guns into the parks.

They still can't, and won't be able to, stop anyone from doing every kind of violence. It's simply not possible.

Your still on opinion. No one ever.siad it would stop everyone. It does stop many and stops many from trying.

I will gladly discuss anything. Please tell me specifically what you would like me to address. I've repeatedly asked you for links and things backing up exactly what you say, or provided evidence where your statements are in error.

Please go back and look at the past posts, there was a.number of links...especailly the list of the weapons
That have been stoppped. You chose not to Respond.

That isn't proof that things will actually be happening.

Well when they say they will keep trying it is indeed proof that it will happen or that we are stopping them.

No. Come on, man. I've repeatedly engaged you in anything you wish to bring up.

No, you say things like not in evidence, which really doesn't Respond to anything

A little bit, yes. But it's also about creating different targets and the efficacy, or lack thereof, of the new security policies. Creating an inconvenience also creates targets.

Ok..

Links?..proof of, anythjng ? but you just saying offering your opinions.

There is always going to be a mutitude of targets. We protect what we can today.

AKK

Last edited:
Yes, all true, but the the terrorist was already on a watch list.

I never said anything about them and a scanner or bag check, you did.

I don't really know how they could even set up a check point in times.Square.

AKK

The watch list didn't prevent a thing. Had he known how to actually make the bomb, it would have gone off.

Look, I'm not saying surveillance is theater. Just the metal detectors and bag checks. It just doesn't make a difference.

The watch list didn't prevent a thing. Had he known how to actually make the bomb, it would have gone off.

Look, I'm not saying surveillance is theater. Just the metal detectors and bag checks. It just doesn't make a difference.

Ok..
Fiar enough. We will have to agree to disagree

No hard feelings here,

AKK

The best way to enhance security????
Stop being so darned politically correct.
Mid eastern wearing a red scarf and beard....

Sorry, someone had to say it.

MG

The best way to enhance security????
Stop being so darned politically correct.
Mid eastern wearing a red scarf and beard....

Sorry, someone had to say it.

MG

Except you'd be completely wrong. Look at list of the mass shootings that have occurred in the US in the last 10 years. Middle Easterners are in the extreme minority of perpetrators.

(
Except you'd be completely wrong. Look at list of the mass shootings that have occurred in the US in the last 10 years. Middle Easterners are in the extreme minority of perpetrators.
Whatever.... Look at the terror attacks.

MG

(

Whatever.... Look at the terror attacks.

MG

You're far more likely to be involved in a mass shooting than a terrorist attack. You're also far, far, FAR more likely to die in a bus accident on the way to the parks than you are to be involved in a mass shooting. The odds don't justify the racial profiling in any sense.

You're far more likely to be involved in a mass shooting than a terrorist attack. You're also far, far, FAR more likely to die in a bus accident on the way to the parks than you are to be involved in a mass shooting. The odds don't justify the racial profiling in any sense.
I wear a seatbelt when provided. I opt to take precautions against the nut jobs. You maybe not because you feel it's low risk.
Perhaps I see things differently in my line of work.

MG

I wear a seatbelt when provided. I opt to take precautions against the nut jobs. You maybe not because you feel it's low risk.
Perhaps I see things differently in my line of work.

MG

Wearing a seatbelt is orders of magnitude more effective and practical.

Still doesn't justify racial profiling.

I just cant understand why people want to argue over the security measures. I'm retired Military and I still work on a military base. I see security everyday. Its just a part of the world we now live in. If you have a problem going through the procedures that are put in place at the parks then you shouldn't go . I don't feel safe being in line with someone that argues the point. Its only for your safety......... Simple as that.
Just my opinion. better safe than sorry.......................

136 Days 2 Hours 42 minutes till I go through the metal detector again and smile because they are looking out for us...................................

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter