Is VGF worth the points?

Eric Julie and Hailey

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
We own at OKW (since 1998) and AKL (just purchased add-on). We wait listed for VGF for two nights - standard view one bedroom and it came through. More than 100 points, though.

So, is it worth it?

We'll be returning from a cruise (DCL Fantasy) on Saturday -- going to MK and HS on Sunday -- and flying home Monday around 6:00 p.m.

Your thoughts are appreciated!

We stayed at VGF for the first time over Thanksgiving and we absolutely loved it, so much so that we added on a second contract there. I would think it is worth it but honestly, everyone is different. I think 2 nights is the perfect amount of time to try it out though.

We are in a studio now, just returned from the DREAM this morning. Its beautiful, but all the
services, restaurants, grocery store items are at the main building which is a short walk. The parking
is close, right behind the spa. I would recommend a short stay before you purchase. It is really
pretty especially the lobby and fountain.

I stayed there last May in a studio, I thought it was beautiful. It was always my dream for DVC to have a location at GF, I always said it would be the only place I would sell my BWV for. But when it became reality, the price was over twice as much, not worth it. I'll roll the dice at 7 months, most likely for spring trips.

I love love love VGF, we bought a small add on for 3 or 4 nights. We like it as a resort to relax at and go out for dinner from as all our favorite restaurants are around bay lake. We also love hiring boats out on by lake.

I really liked our stay at the VGF and will definitely try and stay there again at 7 months. Is the high point cost worth it, hard to say, but because of those higher points I definitely would not be booking any trips longer than 4-5 days there.

The term "worth" is very subjective. If you can afford the 100 points and using that many won't cause you any undue scheduling issues downstream (and that is my guess), then I'm sure you'll love it there. If you've borrowed points or depleted your account just for those two nights, then the value becomes a bit less. . .though I feel you'll still enjoy VGF. Those villas are a real treat in most respects, despite all the amenities being in the main building. The point totals required are fairly steep, and the buy-in price is more than we want to commit to a timeshare. But, it is a pretty resort.

Is anything worth it? You won't know until you try it or do it! Everyone has different likes and dislikes and preferences.

IMO VGF has the nicest DVC rooms.

If Disney could move the VGF rooms to BWV boardwalk view, we would never leave the place. :thumbsup2

:earsboy: Bill

We like to stay at VGF every so often for a few nights. We bought only to stay in December, but at 7 months we've been lucky a few times. Our next 3 night stay is in May.

We stayed a week last September at GFV in a two bedroom. I knew I would like it but I absolutely loved it. We had standard view and loved LOVED my monorail view!

Im hoping to book anohher two bedroom for next September tomorrow! I think if yiu have the points, why not try it?

We own at SSR and purchased resale in 2009 so I felt I was also getting a great "deal".

Enjoy!

image.jpg I love everything at the VGF. The foyer, decor, landscaping, pools, beach, restaurants, etc. My husband is retiring soon so it's a special place to go three times a year for a week.

I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked VGF. I thought it would be nice in an okay sort of way, but it was wonderful. The location combined with amenities was great.

We own at OKW (since 1998) and AKL (just purchased add-on). We wait listed for VGF for two nights - standard view one bedroom and it came through. More than 100 points, though.

So, is it worth it?

We'll be returning from a cruise (DCL Fantasy) on Saturday -- going to MK and HS on Sunday -- and flying home Monday around 6:00 p.m.

We haven't stayed at VGF yet as we are "points challenged" compared to a lot of people around here so I would just say that for 100 points for 2 nights how much time will you allow yourselves for enjoying the resort?? You mentioned parks on Sunday…so will you spend all day Saturday and Monday there or will you hit the parks? We went to the VGC for 3 n last summer before heading to Aulani as that's all the points we could "afford" but I will say that by the time we hit the parks commando (since we only had 2 days) we really didn't have time to enjoy that beautiful, beautiful resort. I didn't even really get to see the pool area (we walked by it but had no time to stop). Whenever we DO get around to trying VGF I think it will be in a cheaper season and we will be sure to plan some down time to enjoy the resort… If you're not going to plan for some resort time then you might think twice…JM2C

QUOTE="Eric Julie and Hailey, post: 53032630, member: 9517"]We own at OKW (since 1998) and AKL (just purchased add-on). We wait listed for VGF for two nights - standard view one bedroom and it came through. More than 100 points, though.

So, is it worth it?

Your thoughts are appreciated![/QUOTE]

We stayed at VGF in a studio for 2 nights this December, after a 2 night AKL Jambo..Loved both resorts! VGF is a beautiful resort:thumbsup2...LOVE the 2 showers in the VGF studio! Really ENJOYED the "quiet" atmosphere at VGF..By contrast, the lobby of the Grand Floridian was VERY BUSY...GORGEOUS Christmas tree and love the delicious scent of the Gingerbread House...Think that you will VGF! ENJOY!:yay:

Thank you all. We're gonna go for it.

Some answers to questions raised (for those interested): we have 290 points per year. We will have some left to bank this year - even after this trip.

We'll be in the parks on the Sunday only. HS then MK. So, my thought is to head to HS around 9 -- then to hotel at 130 or 200 -- be in the room for an hour -- then to MK. GF is so close to MK and a bit of a rest will make the evening better.

We will enjoy the resort on Saturday upon arrival. The plan there is to pack our bathing suits in a day bag and hit the pool after the cruise until the room is available. Casual lunch at the pool. Dinner will be off property. Then, back to the resort for lobby band, lagoon view fireworks and water parade.

Sound good?

I loved it. IMO the rooms are the nicest of any timeshare I've ever stayed in. We were in a 2 bedroom standard view with a top floor fireworks and monorail view. Would never buy there, but would definitely stay again if i can book at 7 months. " worth extra 100 points" is very subjective.

We bought enough resale points to be able to stay at VGF 3 times a year in a studio. Problem is, our kids like to tag along (they're adults) sometimes which means a 2BR elsewhere and no points left for VGF. Even after seeing the gorgeous preview room - we are in no hurry. Don't get me wrong, we absolutely love the resort and hang out there at least once every trip but with the amount of points we have it's just not doable right now and we'd rather bring the kids :)

If you have the points though, do it. It's worth it to try it at least once in my book!

Thank you all. We're gonna go for it.

Some answers to questions raised (for those interested): we have 290 points per year. We will have some left to bank this year - even after this trip.

We'll be in the parks on the Sunday only. HS then MK. So, my thought is to head to HS around 9 -- then to hotel at 130 or 200 -- be in the room for an hour -- then to MK. GF is so close to MK and a bit of a rest will make the evening better.

We will enjoy the resort on Saturday upon arrival. The plan there is to pack our bathing suits in a day bag and hit the pool after the cruise until the room is available. Casual lunch at the pool. Dinner will be off property. Then, back to the resort for lobby band, lagoon view fireworks and water parade.

Sound good?

If you like a good burger, the best one I have had on property was there at the pool bar right by the villas. So good, we made sure we ate there again during our short stay (second time we had them pack it to take back up to the villa).

We love VGF, have stayed there twice and have an upcoming trip there in May. You need to go for it at least once.

So, is it worth it?

If we stayed there again we would stay standard view and save the points from Lake view. With DVC being so small our lake view on first floor was not worth it and while some of the standard views are not great there are some that I feel are as good if not better than some lake views. Because of the high occupancy and small number of rooms we had no opportunity to move to a more desirable lake view.

I think going and trying it yourself is the only way to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter