Is Vanellope A Disney Princess?

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
SO.....at the end of Wreck It Ralph, Vanellope transforms into a princess and the rightful ruler of Sugar Rush. Does that make her a Disney princess? There are princess arguments for Mulan, Pocahontas, etc but neither of them were royalty.

Start the debate, GO...

You can't hide what's inside...;)

But inside she isn't a princess either? She said straight out "Come on Ralph this isn't me!" and she ditched the dress and went back to her normal self. She isnt a princess inside or out, she's President VonSchweetz!

Mulan and Pocahontas are recognized BY Disney as "Official" Princesses. I think there is more argument to include Leia as a princess then there is argument for Venelope.

Since you essentially ruined the entire movie for anyone that hasn't seen it in one sentence, I would say sure.

Vanellope's status really has nothing to do with theme parks attractions and strategies. But since she is currently appearing in the parks, I've moved this thread to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

Mulan and Pocahontas are recognized BY Disney as "Official" Princesses. I think there is more argument to include Leia as a princess then there is argument for Venelope.

warning may get a bit geeky. :goodvibes also not a star wars fan boy so feel free to correct me.

standard european definition, a princess is either a daughter of a hereditary king or queen or married to a prince.

Pocahontas is easy she is the daughter of a chief aka king so no issue.

Mulan was supposedly given some proclamation at the end of the movie but any discussion of why she is a princess may move into areas that may violate board rules. ;)

Princess Leia is not the daughter of a king or queen or married to a prince. but what about Amidala queen of Naboo her mother. well thats an elected position. she was adopted by Queen Breha Organa which brings in a ton of other issues but in standard european royalty an adopted family member did not have hereditary rights to a title.

but I think I have gone too far but I'm assuming everyone has seen the youtube video of leia being introduced to the group

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRMFH71fDIE

warning may get a bit geeky. :goodvibes also not a star wars fan boy so feel free to correct me.

standard european definition, a princess is either a daughter of a hereditary king or queen or married to a prince.

Pocahontas is easy she is the daughter of a chief aka king so no issue.

Mulan was supposedly given some proclamation at the end of the movie but any discussion of why she is a princess may move into areas that may violate board rules. ;)

Princess Leia is not the daughter or a king or queen or married to a prince. but what about Amidala queen of Naboo her mother. well thats an elected position. she was adopted by Queen Breha Organa which brings in a ton of other issues but in standard european royalty an adopted family member did not have hereditary rights to a title.

but I think I have gone too far but I'm assuming everyone has seen the youtube video of leia being introduced to the group

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRMFH71fDIE

Wow, just....wow. :thumbsup2 Impressive princess knowledge.

Since you essentially ruined the entire movie for anyone that hasn't seen it in one sentence, I would say sure.

I'm sorry but there should not be any issue with "spoilers" for a movie that is almost 7 months old (released November 12th, 2012) and that has been on DVD and Redbox for a good two months. There should be a period where posting spoilers is not needed for a movie.

I'm sorry but there should not be any issue with "spoilers" for a movie that is almost 7 months old (released November 12th, 2012) and that has been on DVD and Redbox for a good two months. There should be a period where posting spoilers is not needed for a movie.

It was released on Nov. 2, and I agree with you. :goodvibes

Of course she says she is not a princess, but if she was of royal blood (and we don't know about her parents) than she is a princess, even if she renounces her title and calls herself president.

I do not believe that Disney will be conferring the title of "Official Disney Princess" on her, however.

That movie was ruined before she posted anything at all... by far, one of the worst Disney movies I have ever seen.

Really? My whole family loves it and has seen it numerous times.

Same here! DD saw it twice in the theater, and we've probably watched it at least 15 times at home. They even watched it at school when they earned a class party. We were the 3rd or 4th family to meet them when they made there debut at DHS. We even changed clothes specifically for the meet and greet. :laughing:

Disney+video games=awesomesauce. :thumbsup2

:rotfl:

Princess Leia is not the daughter of a king or queen or married to a prince. but what about Amidala queen of Naboo her mother. well thats an elected position. she was adopted by Queen Breha Organa which brings in a ton of other issues but in standard european royalty an adopted family member did not have hereditary rights to a title.

I agree with your assessment of Vanellope's title and am also impressed at your "wiki" knowledge. However, for the sake of debate, I do question the methodology of using "European" definitions for a US-based company such as Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter