• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is using a travel agent necessary?

kykaki

Earning My Ears
Hi! We just recently sailed on the Disney Wonder Dec. 6-9, 2001. we stayed 6 nights land prior to sailing. My question is: I would like to book a 7 night cruise next December, and since this is our second time on a Disney ship, should I still use a travel agent? Any pros or cons would be appreciated. Thanks, mary

Our first cruise we booked by ourselves. This last cruise we booked through Dreams Unlimited. We plan on a 7 day in October and will book through Dreams again. They will automatically look for discounts and credit you accordingly. On this last trip if I didn't use DU it would have cost me AT LEAST 600.00 more. They caught the discount before I even had a chance to know about it. If you book yourself, Disney Cruise will only offer you the discount if YOU know about it and ASK for it.

We had just the opposite experience. When I got a quote for our 12-8 Magic cruise, the DCL website had the Fall Fantasy special listed, with the discount code and it was calculated immediately.

But when I emailed DU for a quote, they did not include FF in the price, so were much higher.

We booked directly through DCL. We had no problem talking to a representative whenever we wanted, or with adding the $50 postcard credit. Also, DU wasn't offering an additional rebate at that time, according to their website.

I'd say, go with what you're most comfortable with. I never use travel agents for any of my vacations, rather I prefer to search travelocity and other such sites myself.

:)

WebmasterCathyCanada,

Yes, I know about the elimination of FF. I sailed on 12-8-2001 Magic, when they still had it and my DU quote didn't include it. The DCL website had the code and it was very easy to enter and get a quote. We paid $2,125.25 for day cat.11 for me, DW, and DD (11). True DU may have added the discount later, but DCL had it upfront.

For my next cruise, I'll probably go with DU, simply because the constant fluctuations in the prices that seem to happen nowadays, instead of the announced specials.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter