• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is United Kingdom Lochside a good place to see Illuminations?

Pooh667

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We are planning an Illuminations Dessert Party for our parents 60th Wedding Anniversary. We have been offered the United Kingdom Lochside. We like it because it already has benches, tables and chairs Does it have a good view of Illuminations? A clear view without obstructions? Thank you so much for any information you can give me!

Hi,

We are planning an Illuminations Dessert Party for our parents 60th Wedding Anniversary. We have been offered the United Kingdom Lochside. We like it because it already has benches, tables and chairs

1- Does it have a good view of Illuminations?

2- A clear view without obstructions?

1- Yes.
2- Yes.

Either of the Lochside locations are great for viewing IllumiNations. We used to watch the show from there all the time before it became a private viewing area.

We used the lower area for our dessert party at our wedding. It was perfect since it is right at water level. If the winds are blowing towards you will get ash but that is true of everywhere.

Hi,

Thank you so much for all of your replies. I really appreciate them.They have also offered us Italy Isola West Plaza so we need to make a decision.

Thank you so much for all of your replies. I really appreciate them.They have also offered us Italy Isola West Plaza so we need to make a decision.

I'd pick the UK, but either choice is fine.

Will everyone in your party have park tickets or are you going through event services?

Hi,

They have also offered us Italy Isola West Plaza so we need to make a decision.

"The answer my friend is blowin' in the wind.";):)

They are both great locations-if you only knew which way the wind will be blowing that night,that could be the decision-maker!:)

The ash and smoke can really be bad at times!:)

I like UK Lochside a "little" better because it is RIGHT on the World Showcase Lagoon and,historically it has a 7 percent less chance of smoke than Italy.:)http://www.wdwmagic.com/illuminations-smoke-direction-forecast.htm

You will have a BLAST;):) no matter which location you choose!:)

We used UK Lochside for a dessert party the night before our wedding. It was gorgeous, no smoke, and an amazing view. We used the existing benches and then had extra tables (mix of high boys and rounds) brought in for our group of 60.

If you're referring to the upper portion- They cannot remove those existing tables and if you want the umbrellas removed entirely they will charge an extra fee for that.

If you're referring to the upper portion- They cannot remove those existing tables and if you want the umbrellas removed entirely they will charge an extra fee for that.

OP,I was assuming the UK location was the lower area on the water-if it is the level by the Promenade,then I would definitely go with Italy.:)

OP,I was assuming the UK location was the lower area on the water-if it is the level by the Promenade,then I would definitely go with Italy.:)

Usually, Lochside = the lower portion and the upper portion is referred to as the UK Terrace, but I wasn't certain what the OP was definitely referring to. Some of the Disney Catered Events staff used Lochside to refer to the whole area when we were meeting with them about our DP. I'd take Italy over the Terrace, but Lochside over Italy.

Usually, Lochside = the lower portion and the upper portion is referred to as the UK Terrace, but I wasn't certain what the OP was definitely referring to. Some of the Disney Catered Events staff used Lochside to refer to the whole area when we were meeting with them about our DP. I'd take Italy over the Terrace, but Lochside over Italy.

That was my understanding also.:)

I always thought it was:

United Kingdom Lochside
United Kingdom Terrace
France Upper Island
France Lower Island
France Island Arm

I definitely agree with you-if they are using "Lochside" to refer to "Terrace"-I would take Italy West Isola no contest!:)

Hi

Thanks for all the replies. As far as I know everyone will have park hopper tickets.

When I was contacted I was told UK Lochside and they sent pictures of both upper and lower without any explanation. That has been cleared up and they have offered Lochside. I am concerned about the ash but as some have said we can't really control the wind. I personally would pick Lochside but my siblings are leaning towards Italy because that is our heritage.

I appreciate all the replies and opinions, I will show them to my siblings.

Thanks!!

Here is a picture of the fireworks from Lochside.

We also liked that it was separate from the walkway so strangers weren't looking at you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter