• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Toy Story Mania worth the wait?

ive only been on the one at dl and it was great! how can a 3-d interactive buzzlight year be bad?the 3-d environment can do so much more then animatonics.

I wouldn't wait 200 minutes for it...but I would wait 60 minutes (and have done so). It's kind of like a blend of Buzz and the POTC game from DisneyQuest. There are a bunch of Easter Eggs in it (Google can find them for you), and it's a lot of fun riding multiple times to try to unlock them.

The single rider and FastPass queues get you in quicker, but the standby queue has such fabulous theme-ing that I tell my friends to do the standby queue at least one time, to see the decor.

By the end of 200 minutes I would probable have to go to the bathroom so bad I wouldn't enjoy the ride.:rotfl:

Worth 200 minutes? Not in my opinion...but then again, I don't think anything is worth that long of a wait. Fast pass, yet...single rider...yes. But if I couldn't get on again within 30-45 minutes, max, I'd pass for another time. I rode twice on the 7th. It is a great ride. Way better than Buzz, in my opinion. And it is actually "4D" like Philharmagic at MK. You feel the air, misting water when a water baloon pops, smell the pies and all that. It is more like carnival games, and not a laser dot that you are shooting. One part is pies, another you are "throwing" balls, another you are "tossing" rings or "shooting" nerf darts. And with the glasses, it really looks like you are doing all that. Really fun, but to me, not worth an insane wait...but as I mentioned before, to me, nothing is.

We waited one hour for it and felt it was worth it. IMHO nothing is worth a 3 hour wait.

25 minutes is the max i will wait for a ride, so no in my opinion it isnt worth it. but i dont feel anyhting is worth waiting that kind of time for.

The most I would ever wait is 20 mins. (I generally do FP or single riders). One day I rode it multiple times through single rider and actually gor bored with it around the fourth time. In comparison, I NEVER get tired of Men in Black at Universal. Toy Story is okay, but basically all of the games are the same when you get right down to it...rapidly pulling a rope on the gun to hit targets. The form of the targets and what you shoot is different for each game, but the fundamentals are identical. It's cute but it's not a repeater for me and definitely not worth a long wait...I'd rather do Tower of Terror.

Not for us. I wouldn't even wait 30mns for it but then again I would only wait that much for Splash or ToT. We got to almost walk on TSM at morning EMH and it was cute, but just that : cute. We didn't even use our FPs for a second ride and gave them to other guests.

Don't get me wrong it's a very nice ride, but I didn't get the hype at all.

200 minutes would be over 3 hours. No ride is worth that- you lose too much of your day. If you are a huge video game fan, then maybe TSM would be worth a fairly long wait (but not 200 minutes). I have only ridden it at DL/CA. We got there as they opened the gates, went straight to Soarin and walked on the 1st ride cycle, and then went straight to TSM, but by the time we got to TSM the line was 120 minutes. We went in search of a single rider line, saw a tiny sign for one with no people there, asked a CM and he said "Hurry we have room for you right now", so we walked on the ride with no wait. It was fun and cute, but my first thought when I got off was, I would be mad if I had waited 2 hours for that. I think with the hype I was expecting it to be as good as Universal's Spiderman 3-D ride, and to me it wasn't even close. We rode Buzz later, and only then did I realize it really is much better than the Buzz ride (which I really like), but I still don't think it is worth 2 hours. 45 minutes definitely, an hour probably, but I don't think I would do more than that.

We picked one person in our group to wait an hour for the FastPass machines to be turned back on at the start of EMH. Fortunately, it wasn't me waiting this time, but I was sent on a quest to find him a beer.

We were really glad he waited in the line... the FastPasses only lasted about 10 minutes, and not everyone in line got one. As it was -- he was the 5th person in line line for his machine -- we still had to wait almost two hours for our return time.

YES YES YES! See my new post above on this ride. Get there early and get a FP or get in line ... preferably on the day when HS opens an hour early for resort guests. We went on it twice and I would have gone ten more times if I could have. It's way more fun than the Buzz ride.... more intense, more fun, really not a lot of comparison if you ask me. I had 51K points the first time and then 130K the second time. I saw LOTS of families get in the single rider line, which I think is bogus, but it's not for me to police.

The only two things I'd wait 200 minutes for would be my doctor (if it were important) and the Lottery Comission (if they were issuing my check.)

I wouldn't wait 200 minutes for any ride.

Even if I would wait that long for a few rides, TSM wouldn't be on the list.

I'd wait 20 minutes, tops.

We went to the Studios when it opened and immediately went there and got FastPasses......even so, they were at 5 - 7 p.m. already. We left and went to Epcot via the boat, which was wonderful! We made our way back to the Studios just in time for our Fast Pass and then spent the evening there. It worked out beautifully! I won't wait past 45 min for any ride!!! That is such a waste of time. Get the FP and enjoy the day!

By the Way.......Toy Story is an AWESOME ride! It was alot of fun and could get addictive trying to best your score!

Is this ride really worth waiting 200 minutes for? It looks like a 3D version of Buzz.
I won't know.
Just got back from a 8 night trip and this is the only real ride that we missed. Went to DHS twice, once in the afternoon, FP already run out and wait time is >100mins, on another day (No EMH day), we got there at 10:00am and FP is already for 9:00pm, so no go for us.
Anyway, my 2 DS will not be able to stay for such a long wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter