• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Toy Story Land really needed?

PolynesianAlex

Alooooooooooohaaaaa
With the announcements of Star Wars, Toy Story,is Disney done with Single E tickets? Whats wrong with just making Single thrilling attractions? It will still draw guest and take a lot less time in construction. Does it really take 3-4 years to build a carnival like ride and an outdoor family coaster for Toy Story? No it doesn't but having it spread acres with themed gift shops and restaurants is the reason it takes such a long time. Star Wars/Avatar do however seem worth the time because they will be similar to Harry Potter and actually have E Ticket Attractions.

Just wanted to state my opinion

Yes it's needed. DHS is the armpit of Disney World right now and it needs a complete makeover. That being said, while TS Land will likely add a facelift, I still think the end result will be an upscale playground for kids to run around and get squirted with water.

I think nowadays (looking at my own job), companies are much more focused on giving their customers a full experience. You want them to experience it all and emerge in whatever service/product you are selling. It's a trend you see a lot now. So therefore I understand Disney to do the same and rather have lands with everything connected to each other instead of doing separate rides.

I think SeaWorld is trying to become the 'look we have a new thrill ride' park for Orlando because they know they can not compete with the Immersive environments that Disney and Universal is digging into to.

Disney is going to be constantly focused on rides for the whole family from now on, because universal is creating the immersive 'ride the movies' thrill rides with the HP expansions.

So I think in the future - you will see more Toy Story Land type expansions over experiences like Rock N Roller Coaster.

Plus - I have noticed Disney's focus turning almost 100% to families with kids who are not in school yet - they have a lot longer travel window - and the school year aged kids can only travel during times of the year where the park is already packed.

WDW will never cater to thrill ride fans. RnR, ToT, and Everest are nothing compared to what you'll find at parks that do.

They don't need to become Islands of Adventure or Six Flags but it sure would be nice to get 1 or 2 more thrill rides in. Like I've said in many other threads, it's not all about the kids folks.

RnR, TOT, Everest are all thrill rides. Successful businesses don't say to their customers, "Oh you want that, you can go somewhere else, thanks."
Maybe for the faint of heart, but coasters are ranked on a 1-5 scale, and none would be any higher than a 3 at any other park. They are not thrill rides - they are very relaxing coasters, as coasters go.

And Disney clearly is saying that. Simply look at what they are building, and not building. They are not in competition with Six Flags.

Does it really take 3-4 years to build a carnival like ride and an outdoor family coaster for Toy Story? No it doesn't but having it spread acres with themed gift shops and restaurants is the reason it takes such a long time. Star Wars/Avatar do however seem worth the time because they will be similar to Harry Potter and actually have E Ticket Attractions.

I'd be thrilled with 3-4 years. They announced Pandora in 2011 and right now 2017 is the most optimistic prediction for opening.

And you might not care about the gift sops and restaurants, but I have a hunch Disney does.

I can drive about three hours north of where I live and ride some amazing coasters/thrill rides in a beautiful park at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

I'm driving 10 hours south of where I live to be immersed in Disney. Of the Disney parks, Hollywood Studios is my least favorite. I'm not even sure we'll go there on our trip in March because there's just not much there that interests me. I've ridden ToT, it was fun but I don't need to waste time traveling to HS just to ride it and/or a roller coaster. I can ride those kind of rides a lot cheaper by sticking close to home.
However! I adore the Toy Story movies, and would gladly make time for HS to check out a land devoted completely to them.
And for the record, I'm not a child nor do I have any children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter