• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Title Insurance really necessary on resale?

CarolMN said:
$1000 for just title insurance sounds like a lot to me - could this amount have included all the closing fees, too?

Best wishes-

I don't think so, but I'm not completely certain. I definetly remember the broker saying the higher cost was due to the resort being in South Carolina instead of Florida.

Thank you all very much for taking the time to answer my question. There is a lot of good advice here. I'm forwarding a link of this thread to my buyer. Then they can decide.

Why get title insurance. You can check on line for the deed and how it's listed. You can check with Disney and with the County (with the sellers permission) to be sure all is in order. For a RTU property it's not reasonable to spend money if you do your homework otherwise. If you're lazy, then I'd get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter