• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is this wrong or ok?

mojophone

<font color=red>AKA The Gorgeous Skinny Zipperman<
Not sure if this is where this belongs so if in wrong place please move thanks....
This year we are basically foregoing all of my families birthdays, my wife and my anniversary as well as our christmas gift giving and are making this trip all of these in one. Now mind you none of these birthdays or our anniversary fall during the time of our trip. Would it be a bad thing to tell the WDW people that we are celebrating these things since we are foregoing them all at there actual times and we actually are using this vaca as our celebration for them?

I don't do that...I just feel silly having some one wish me a happy birthday (etc) when it really wasn't. I sure many people do it though.

For years we have sacrificed all Christmas, Anniversary and Birthday gifts(except children), because I put the money toward other things. But this year we were at WDW for our Anniversary...and we celebrated big time!

Not a big deal to me.... So up to you.

Disney is the only place where time stands still and you are all on stage.Make beleive at it's best.

You are gaining (stealing) nothing by doing this and are not hurting or decieving anyone.When asked just state we are celebrating our Ann or B-day.

After all DIsney has been doing it for 18 months and no one makes a big deal of that .

So go ahead and enjoy yourself.

As a side note Dw & I haven't given each other a real present since DD was born it's all about her now and If we want something we just go and get it.Do a small Ann. trip just the 2 of us but thats it.

Our Actual Wedding Anniversary is May2nd, But at each park I am going to say that we are celebrating our 3rd anniversary from May 7th - May 15th.

is it the guest relations that we talk to at each park to get our pins?

Well, when asked if you are celebrating an occasion you can't exactly reply "Yes, it is every single person's birthday! Oh, and our anniversary!" I think if one of the celebrations is reasonably close (within a week or two of the actual date maximum) you could be celebrating that.

We were in WDW two days after my boyfriend's birthday and we celebrated it on our first day of vacation (not after that though, just would have felt odd past that point personally.) He wore a birthday button and he recieved many "Happy Birthday"s.

Standard disclaimer- don't expect special treatment because of your occasion. You may be told "Happy Birthday" or maybe get a magical surprise or two, but they are not guaranteed. Some people pretend to be celebrating occasions because they expect to get something extra.

Just being in WDW is special enough for me!

I don't think it's a problem at all. My parents always celebrate their anniversary in May even though they were married in April because my dad is an accountant and April is his busy month. Sometimes we can't always celebrate special occasions on the actual date because life gets in the way.

we will be there for hubby bday again, but we will tell each park so he can wear the button lol ( he just didnt know it lol )

I don't see what the big deal is. I probably wouldn't volunteer the information that you're celebrating several things. But if you're asked, why not say that you rolled all of your 2006 celebrations into one fantastic trip?

It's your trip. Do what you want, and don't worry about what anyone else has to say.

A late Christmas present or an early birthday present (the trip) or a Christmas tree with nothing under it besides snapshots of your Disney vacation are all perfectly OK, but it is hokey to say it is your birthday when it isn't.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

This is just how we do it...I am not judging anyone else...but for us, I see nothing wrong with the following...we tell people we are celebrating our unbirthday. If they ask us if it is our "real birthday" we tell them no. My husband and I don't do this...but for our three sons, we do. One of my sons was born in mid-September. We vacation every year on his birthday (it just works out as the best time of year for us). So...in order to be fair, we allow each of my other boys to celebrate every once in a while too(no more than once a year). We are clear with the servers or CMs anywhere we go that we are celebrating his "un"birthday now as he will be home on the actual date. We don't lie, but there is no reason on earth why only one of our children should ever get to have a "Disney Birthday" **the others were born during the spring break/peak summer time and as long as we are footing the bill they won't be going then** every once in a while. Most people (read CMs) are appreciative that we are honest and are more than happy when they hear the reason (and lots do ask...why an unbirthday?) and are more than willing to wish them a very happy unbirthday!

As far as telling them it is your real birthday? Well this year our son will have his birthday a week before we leave on our Disney cruise...Disney knows this...they have his birthdate in the computer and we have to show his birth certificate to get him on the ship...however, we are letting him celebrate his birthday on board. When we booked it was the Disney booking agent who asked "What night would you like to have him celebrate his birthday?" in response to my question of him having a birthday the week before and could we celebrate there. Lastly, we have an anniversary two weeks before we leave on the cruise and I asked about that as well and was told they would note that on our reservation as well to celebrate at dinner one night. Again, I was perfectly clear about our actual date and didn't demand anything only inquired as to if it could be done.

A final example was that last year we celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary with a trip to Disney. We asked that it be noted on all of our ADRs that we were celebrating our 10th anniversary and Disney was happy to do it(and I made all of our reservations on one phone call, I was in no way sneaky about it). That was our anniversary trip. We celebrated our anniversary for the entire trip.

Again, this is just how we do it. To each his own.

we go to disney every other year, when we go we are there most of the month of december, so the year that we are scheduled to go, we give up, birthdays, mothers day, no x mas gifts, basically no type of celebrations, my dtr is fine with it, she knows on that particular year, it is for disney So we just hold it all in and celebrate everything when we're there
have fun,

We will be there on DW birthday this year, May 6th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter