• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is this worth it?

mishlove68

Mouseketeer
We are staying at POP for 3 days and 2 nights, We were offered a dining package with our room. They told me 1 quick service meal 1 snack 1 table sit down meal and a refillable mug. the total for the 3 of us is $564.00. Do you think it's worth it? Another question I been looking on the dining site and with Value hotel you get 2 quick meals, so I was wondering if they made a mistake and we dont get a sit down each night, can someone clarify this for me. I am a passholder so I dont need the tickets, the price is only for room and food that they gave me? Thank you

We are staying at POP for 3 days and 2 nights, We were offered a dining package with our room. They told me 1 quick service meal 1 snack 1 table sit down meal and a refillable mug. the total for the 3 of us is $564.00. Do you think it's worth it? Another question I been looking on the dining site and with Value hotel you get 2 quick meals, so I was wondering if they made a mistake and we dont get a sit down each night, can someone clarify this for me. I am a passholder so I dont need the tickets, the price is only for room and food that they gave me? Thank you
You can purchase whatever dining package you want if you are booking a resort package. However, if you are booking a "free dining" package promotion, the Value Resorts come with 2 free QS meals and 1 snack per night plus a refillable mug (known as the QSDP). You can upgrade to the regular dining plan (DDP) or the deluxe plan (DxDP) by paying the difference between the QSDP and the plan you wish to use.

Do I think that it's worth $280+ per night for dining credits for 3 people? NO. Take a look at the menus either at wdwinfo.com or on allears.net and get an idea as to what it would cost for you to pay out of pocket (OOP) for your meals. I would bet that you will make out better without the dining plans.

That's a confusing amount.

If this is in Sept or is tied to a free dining pin, there is a requirement for 2-day ticket purchase. For just two adults, that would be $368 plus tax. Two nights at POP is still around $200. So, I'll assume the 3rd person in your party is under 3 and doesn't need a ticket. BUT, as you said, the free dining with values is the quick service, so there would be a charge to upgrade to the DDP the CM described to you. All of that makes the amount quoted a pretty good deal if it's a valid quote. You can always hang on to the tickets and use them toward your AP next year.

However, you still need to decide if this is the best deal for you at this time. You can probably stay and eat for less and still eat well OOP and not have to buy those tickets at this time. I believe there is a room only discount out there too. It's not much at a value, but it would be something towards those OOP food costs.

Since you mentioned they quoted you an amount then I can assume you aren't going during free DDP plus you have AP. Therefore you would be able to purchase any of the DDP inc. the standard one or QSDP.

Is it worth it? That's up to you. Do you think you would spend $564 for the 3 of you to eat and drink? Personally I don't think we would for only 3 nights. Even the refillable mug isn't a great value for only 3 nights.

I would look at the places you might eat and figure out the pricing. You might just find out it'll be less if you pay OOP.

Since you mentioned they quoted you an amount then I can assume you aren't going during free DDP plus you have AP. Therefore you would be able to purchase any of the DDP inc. the standard one or QSDP.

Is it worth it? That's up to you. Do you think you would spend $564 for the 3 of you to eat and drink? Personally I don't think we would for only 3 nights. Even the refillable mug isn't a great value for only 3 nights.

I would look at the places you might eat and figure out the pricing. You might just find out it'll be less if you pay OOP.

OP said that amount was for 2 nights. Which seems crazy high! I'm wondering if OP meant that was the total for the room and the dining plan for the 2 nights.

OP said that amount was for 2 nights. Which seems crazy high! I'm wondering if OP meant that was the total for the room and the dining plan for the 2 nights.

I think you're right. I didn't even notice the days. It would be about $56x3x2 so around $336 for the DDP. Price must be inc. room with AP discount?

So the question is would PP spend $336 on food/drinks for 2 nights?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter