Is this usual?

clutter

DIS Veteran
A friend just called me from the parks. She's thinking about buying a contract at BLT. I mentioned that she may want to check out the other resorts and consider resale. (It's not her style to thoroughly research before BIG ticket items. Ah, I wish i had her money...)

Anyway, I just checked and at the 7 month window, a 1BR at BCV is available for all but a Sunday night (10/23-27) and BWV preferred is available. Is this pretty normal for a 1BR to be available at 7 months, especially at Epcot resorts, especially during F&W? It seems to me that others have had trouble during F&W.

some of the people who would be staying at BCV are staying at BLT - but after a few times riding the monrail back - expect them to go back to BCV.

that is a long walk after Epcot closes.

the BCV is right there.

also the economy has not recovered (hope it will soon). so not as many people are going in the first place.

There have been several comments on other threads that they are surprised that villas are available at the 7 month mark during the Food and Wine at both BWV and BCV. I think that these owners are trying out other DVC resorts this year. And like spiceycat posted they'll be back next year.

I still believe the best advice is to buy where you want to stay. If your friend wants to stay at BCV then she should buy at BCV. Disney will sell BCV points but it will be at a much higher rate than resale though.

If this is the case, why am i on a wait list for the second week in October at BCV:sad: Help!! I need pixie dust! Clutter, I'm thinking the availability may have been a fluke. :confused3

Availablity is a goofy thing. I called today for Dec5-12...no studios or 1 BR at BCV for all the consecutive dates- and that's 8 mos out.

We got opening weekend F&W at BWV at 7 months. I've never tried, so I don't know how unusual it is. I'd always read on these boards that it was impossible. We've gotten BCV the first week of June every year with no problem. In my experience, it's absolutely possible to stay at all the resorts without owning home points. If I had to buy in again now, I'd go with cheapest points, best inventive, longest contract.

Called today for a one bedroom or studio at BCV Oct 8 for 3 nights...no go. BWV wasn't available either (waitlisted at BCV).

Called today for a one bedroom or studio at BCV Oct 8 for 3 nights...no go. BWV wasn't available either (waitlisted at BCV).

But that's weeks past 7 months. Owning a resort won't be any advantage at that point.

That's why we own at BCV & BLT. We love the close proximity to EPCOT at BCV. We're looking forward to our MK view at BLT on our next trip.

THanks all! My friend is down there now with her 10 year old dd and her newly adopted 4 year old dd. She's absolutely certain that she wants BLT for the location. She does, for a few years. I just see her as more of a BW or BC person in the long run. Oh well, it's her money, right? Then I tried talking to her about her use year. Oh dear...

THanks all! My friend is down there now with her 10 year old dd and her newly adopted 4 year old dd. She's absolutely certain that she wants BLT for the location. She does, for a few years. I just see her as more of a BW or BC person in the long run. Oh well, it's her money, right? Then I tried talking to her about her use year. Oh dear...
Oh how I can relate. And don't even THINK about talking about borrowing or banking..at least not now :lmao:

A friend just called me from the parks. She's thinking about buying a contract at BLT. I mentioned that she may want to check out the other resorts and consider resale. (It's not her style to thoroughly research before BIG ticket items. Ah, I wish i had her money...)

Anyway, I just checked and at the 7 month window, a 1BR at BCV is available for all but a Sunday night (10/23-27) and BWV preferred is available. Is this pretty normal for a 1BR to be available at 7 months, especially at Epcot resorts, especially during F&W? It seems to me that others have had trouble during F&W.

It isn't UNUSUAL but it is also not to be taken for granted.

Now the person who posted that they got a BW Grand Villa at seven months for F&W - that was unusual....and proves that nothing is impossible.

One bedrooms tend to be the slowest to book as well.

we've been on a waitlist for a BWV studio, BW view 10/2 thru 10/6 since the 7 month opened (darn our foolishness at adding on at BCV instead of more at BWV :sad2:).
we have p/g view for those days.....i am hopeful, but realize it's not likely for our waitlist to come through.

yup, but only where you want to stay:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter