Is this true about OKW's buses??

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
I just bought the new 2004 Unofficial guide. :D They said that the bus service at OKW is from noon to 6:00 pm. Is this true? If so, why? Does this force everyone to rent a car then?

That's not correct. All the disney resorts run busses based on the park schedule. I think its 30 minutes before until 1 hour after.

Plus this is a vacation club resort and Im sure the "owners" would not stand for that.

Where do they come up with that stuff? We've taken that bus as lae as 10 PM.

That's why it is the Unofficial Guide. They have lots of wrong information because they don't get the official word on it.

Yeah and you have to WALK down a long empty road the rest of the time, almost as long as the halls in BWV. LOL.

No. It the book is wrong.

You can't beleive everything you read, (unless I write it.)

Jillpie, that is bizarre.....I know the bus service is a touch slower during that time but it exists.....

In the 03 unofficial guide, they properly note that the service may be slower

Sounds like a misprint

thanks
jaysue

Thanks everyone, so is the official word that the OKW is like all the other resort buses...one hour before and after park opening and closings? thanks.

It could be that the book is talking about Boat Service from OKW to DTD. I believe that runs from 12:00 to ?

Originally posted by tdrcDVC
It could be that the book is talking about Boat Service from OKW to DTD. I believe that runs from 12:00 to ?
It could be about the boats, except they don't run from noon to 6pm either. They run from noon to 9 something.
The buses do run less frequently from noon until 6pm. I think before noon, it's every 20 minutes or less and from noon to 6, it's every 30 minutes. After 6, they get more frequent again because people are starting to come home from the parks.
I've found wrong information in the Unofficial Guide (specifically about disabilities), so I take anything I read there with a big grain of salt.

Unfortunately all the guides seem to have incorrect information somewhere in their content. It is a lot to keep on top of....

jillpie, we have stayed at OKW, and the buses have been perfectly acceptable - the same standards before opening and after closing as all other WDW resorts

Thanks
jaysue

SueM, I think you hit it on the head. I went back and reread what they said in the book. The buses are limited, not nonexistant between noon and 6. Thanks everybody! I would not have liked having to rent a car.

It is true that they space the buses out more during the day. Sometimes you may find yourself (and family) on a "private" bus during those hours. However, I've never found it to be that much different than the other WDW resorts where I've stayed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter