Is this silly to do

coluk003

DIS Veteran
So basically I got my ADR and the places im planning on eating while on vacation. Basically those parks that we have the dinner ADR's in will be where we are going to be that day.

Is this a smart thing to do or should i be doing it a different way?

I always plan parks first, then meals. Is that what you meant? I wouldn't do it the other way around.

I usually check crowd calendars and forecasts and plan our parks first, then I plan reservations around that. But, if you can manage to score a hard to get reservation on any of your days, then I'd plan the park around that ressie.

I guess I'm backwards - I make my meal rezzies first and that determines where we'll be at that time.

I usually check crowd calendars and forecasts and plan our parks first, then I plan reservations around that. But, if you can manage to score a hard to get reservation on any of your days, then I'd plan the park around that ressie.

This is what I do, too. And I know there are a ton of good restaurants outside the parks--but right now, while our kids are small, we choose to eat dinner in whatever park we're in, with the exception of AK. We don't make it to WDW that often, and we're more interested in rides and atmosphere of the parks vs. what we eat. This trip we're doing:

MK day 1: The Plaza
MK day 2: CRT
HS: 50's Prime Time
Epcot: San Angel Inn

The day we're at AK we'll head to DTD and eat at Rainforest Café (the one at AK was already booked for any time we'd be interested in)

We are doing 2 half water park days, so we will eat at the Beach Club one of those nights and head back to MK just for dinner and fireworks our last night. That night we'll do Crystal Palace.

On long stays (more than 3-4 days) I look at the park schedule to see what parks have the magic hours and avoid those parks for around those times. I also make sure i have an idea about what days i want to arrange a dinner with firework viewings. From there i let the ADR availability dictate where i can eat and when. Then based on where we eat we enjoy whatever show,ride,activities are near after dinner.

I dont put alot of "planning" into what park on what day. I have gotten pretty good about park hopping, so i just know where i need to end up for my reservations.

In everyday life i am very plan driven, but i have found when at Disney things work out better if you are not stressed about sticking to a set plan. With the apps, maps, an schedules that are out there its very easy to go with the flow and make decisions in real time.

I guess I'm backwards - I make my meal rezzies first and that determines where we'll be at that time.

what happens if that is the park to avoid for the day? do you have hoppers?

we are not having hoppers so that will not work for me.

I also try to see what part of the park we will be at around lunch time and dinner time to know where I want to eat.. I would hate to be over in one area to find i have to be all the way across the park for a meal

This is what I do, too.

The day we're at AK we'll head to DTD and eat at Rainforest Café (the one at AK was already booked for any time we'd be interested in)

We are doing 2 half water park days, so we will eat at the Beach Club one of those nights and head back to MK just for dinner and fireworks our last night. That night we'll do Crystal Palace.

Did you try to call RFC direct for your reservation? It is usually easier to make ressies thru them! It would be easier than traveling to DTD! Unless you planned to spend some time there anyway! Just a suggestion! BTW we love RFC. Hope you have a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter